Zach Miller released

kearly

Reaction score
I don't get this move at all, unless they think they can get him back for less money or unless they feel very confident about getting a star TE like Julius Thomas.

I'll be honest though, if Seattle releases Miller on his tiny salary and then signs Jordan Cameron for $8 million per, that's a HUGE mistake.

Still think this is a bad move regardless. Miller is a terrific blocker and we have nobody on the roster at TE who can say that, except for Moeki who is very injury prone. It also looks pretty bad in terms of approaching players for restructured contracts, as Miller played nice and still got cut anyway. Because of one injury? On the surface, that seems ridiculous. I'm going to have to assume that Miller's health is not as good as we've been lead to believe otherwise this move is at a CBJ level of foolishness.

I wonder if they would cut Mebane too. The logic is basically the same. Unless there is something genuinely serious going on with Miller's health, this move feels like a bad Jack Z trade where he fails to realize what he has and deals it away for a fraction of its worth.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Tough, but understandable. Much respect to the man; leaves with some decent money in the bank and a Super Bowl ring.

Will always respect how he went for 150 or so and a TD with torn ligaments in his foot in the playoffs at Atlanta. Will always be a fan.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kearly":1e45zzoq said:
I don't get this move at all, unless they think they can get him back for less money or unless they feel very confident about getting a star TE like Julius Thomas.

I'll be honest though, if Seattle releases Miller on his tiny salary and then signs Jordan Cameron for $8 million per, that's a HUGE mistake.

Still think this is a bad move regardless. Miller is a terrific blocker and we have nobody on the roster at TE who can say that, except for Moeki who is very injury prone. It also looks pretty bad in terms of approaching players for restructured contracts, as Miller played nice and still got cut anyway. Because of one injury? On the surface, that seems ridiculous. I'm going to have to assume that Miller's health is not as good as we've been lead to believe otherwise this move is at a CBJ level of foolishness.

Reports are he failed his physical.

kearly

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ipwtvr9 said:

Failed physicals are often 'politically motivated' by the team doctors, but that's still good info to know.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2n32ykjw said:
Basis4day":2n32ykjw said:

Failed physicals are often 'politically motivated' by the team doctors, but that's still good info to know.
O'Brian Schofield, anyone?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kearly":2nskh16e said:

One thing I have been thinking about is his ankle injury. Pete first said it would be a 4-6 week injury, then he gets placed on IR. It could be the case that his ankle is still very much a concern as it seemed like his ankle never seemed to respond to treatments. Still hope that is not the case and they find a way to resign him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kearly":3aomwqtv said:
Basis4day":3aomwqtv said:

Fair enough. Just wanted to get the official reason out there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pmedic920":323un50f said:
I just read that Miller failed a physical.
It was a push notification and now I can't find the story.
Anybody no the scoop?

I saw it on Adam Caplan's twitter

Greenhell

Reaction score
kearly":q1ajvi96 said:

I wonder if they would cut Mebane too. The logic is basically the same. Unless there is something genuinely serious going on with Miller's health, this move feels like a bad Jack Z trade where he fails to realize what he has and deals it away for a fraction of its worth.

But Miller has also been injury prone the past two seasons.

nwgamer

Reaction score
This is interesting. If the failed physical is true then he may just return if he can clear later and be on a prove it deal. The failed physical make for a convenient curtain.

My favorite outing for him was in Atlanta as well during the playoffs. Amazing feat on damaged feet.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
I still remember when Zach did gutted through that Falcons game. Dude is true iron man playing through a torn plantar fascia. For him to not play any further due to a failed physical is a testament to how far he probably pushed himself for the team. Remember the human body can only take so much punishment. His sacrifice should not be forgotten.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good luck Zach. Hate to see him go but the NFL off-season is pretty brutal as teams reshape their roster. Miller is a favorite of mine and I think he sacrificed a lot the first couple years here playing 2nd OT to the losers we had on the OL when he first got here.

kobebryant

Reaction score
jake206":3f63ykl9 said:
I still remember when Zach did gutted through that Falcons game. Dude is true iron man playing through a torn plantar fascia. For him to not play any further due to a failed physical is a testament to how far he probably pushed himself for the team. Remember the human body can only take so much punishment. His sacrifice should not be forgotten.

Stud.

A newborn son, twin daughters, a well-earned Super Bowl ring, millions in the bank, and a legacy of respect amongst his peers and coaches. Much respect.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If he did fail the physical, perhaps he can get healthy and re-sign later.

Hate to see him go. Godspeed, Zach!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah I think it is the injuries. The most number of catches he made was 38. I think we can replace his talents.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
kearly":1oac9p8y said:
Basis4day":1oac9p8y said:

Hawks are saying that his ankle didn't heal properly and is going to require a 2nd surgery. He's still young as TE's go. I'm hoping he gets his ankle fixed and re-signs. He could still play for another 6 years with his skill set. Great guy, great team guy, great leadership.

I wish him well.

Latest posts