Zach Miller released

Clayfighter

Reaction score
ivotuk":1k3rurtm said:
Scottemojo":1k3rurtm said:
kearly":1k3rurtm said:
Basis4day":1k3rurtm said:
Reports are he failed his physical.

Failed physicals are often 'politically motivated' by the team doctors, but that's still good info to know.
O'Brian Schofield, anyone?

Can he play Tight End?

What is his vert?

pehawk

Reaction score
Failed physical changes alot. Sucks.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Man this blows! I dont know what happened but this leaves a gaping hole in an area we were thin at to start with. Best of luck to him! Crossing my fingers for Mebane now!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Best of luck in the future Zach. I'd imagine he will catch on somewhere and be starting next year....assuming he recovers from his injury.

Great locker-room guy that will be missed.

Jville

Reaction score
He had two successive surgeries on that ankle.
Disappointing outcome ...... Zack's loss changes the nature and outlook of the offensive.

Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-make-roster-moves/0b669f51-2a38-4400-bcb7-64cc9c2e6a2d[/urltargetblank]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Huge loss IMO. I would definitely keep a healthy Miller at $2.4m. Failed physical is the only way this makes sense to me.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Sad to see him go. Reminds me of loosing Clemons last year but, in Miller's case, the injuries make it understandable.

I wish Miller luck in the future.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/574047694613704705[/tweet]

Chill out, Russ. He didn't die. You can always just tweet him.

ringless

Reaction score
I would love to take a chance on signing him. Plus he grew up here and went to ASU. He would be an upgrade for us and a much needed one... I hope we take the chance.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":od0u1d8d said:
kearly":od0u1d8d said:
Basis4day":od0u1d8d said:
Reports are he failed his physical.

Failed physicals are often 'politically motivated' by the team doctors, but that's still good info to know.

Hawks are saying that his ankle didn't heal properly and is going to require a 2nd surgery. He's still young as TE's go. I'm hoping he gets his ankle fixed and re-signs. He could still play for another 6 years with his skill set. Great guy, great team guy, great leadership.

I wish him well.

Thanks for typing it correctly, it's "re-signs", not "resigns", huge difference!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Going to be missed, would love it if he could come back for a playoff run but I think he has his life well taken care of and can retire in happiness.

nash72

Reaction score
I hate to see Zach go too, but if he cant stay healthy I guess its best to part ways. Be nice to maybe sign Owen Daniels for a year or two. Probably not the best blocker, but he would be a target.

Tical21

Reaction score
I like Miller, but this is a no-brainer. We never threw to him. We can get a blocking TE for the vet minimum and we'll see very little difference in production.

Rob12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38jv8c61 said:
That's a huge skill dropoff for this team, run game included. Assuming they have a solid replacement lined up.

I love Zach, but I'm not sure I follow you on the run game being included. Marshawn arguably had his best overall season and the Seahawks had the No. 3 regular season rushing attack of all-time without Zach.

It's a loss, but I'm far from convinced that it's a significant one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1895vzoc said:
Well this stinks, when he was on the field you could tell he made a huge difference for our offense.
That seems to be the issue right? Though it might signal that Seattle may actually be players for a top tier FA or two.

chris98251

Reaction score
He may need to have something else done and they did the release with the thought for him to get right with a open door back to the team if he wants but also freeing up a roster spot and seeing how his recovery really ends up. We did that with a couple players if memory serves.

NYCoug

Reaction score
ringless":1wl5khgd said:
I would love to take a chance on signing him. Plus he grew up here and went to ASU. He would be an upgrade for us and a much needed one... I hope we take the chance.

Please, don't wish that upon yourself, us, or Zach. I don't want to have to watch Kam Chancellor kill someone that I deeply respect.

I'm going to miss Zach. His versatility was rare and his presence was steady, you could just tell. We'll miss him for sure, but hopefully Maxx Williams ends up in Seattle. I don't like the sounds of Thomas (soft) or Cameron (injuries) in FA and I feel that Williams will be able to contribute immediately. He's like a younger Zach, in that his ability to block sometimes overshadows his ability to haul in passes, which is equally as impressive.

Back to Zach though, always respected the dude's toughness and his ability to stonewall even some of the league's finest pass rushers. His performance in Atlanta in the playoffs was inspirational and will never be forgotten. I'll be quietly holding out hope that he somehow finds his way back to Seattle for the redemption run of 2015-16!

:thirishdrinkers: to Zach!

Latest posts