.Net pulse on Graham signing

How do you like the trade for Graham

• Can't stand the guy and neither does our Defense

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Hope he works out... but going to miss Unger and our 1st round pick

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • Glad we got him, we needed a big weapon for Wilson

Votes: 106 44.4%
  • I'm pumped and we are going back to the Super Bowl Baby!

Votes: 98 41.0%

• Total voters

Hawks46

Reaction score
I went with I'm pumped and we're going back to the Superbowl.

Then again, I felt we were going back to the Superbowl if we got a decent skill position player for offense in the draft. We just one upp'ed that. Replacing a Center and a Guard is a hell of a lot easier than getting a guy like Graham.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I love it, we barely ever had Unger the last 2 seasons, only sting i feel is the loss of draft picks but if JS wasn't really feeling the 1st round I can't fault him.

tooshort

Reaction score
Unger is a Friend,A great customer at my store(and a paid endorser) and a totally cool dude. I guess my (probable) last local interaction with him will be last Saturday jokingly telling him I hoped that we didn't sign Suh solely for the fact that he would be destroyed over and over in training camp/practice...

Bring on some Jimmy!! What a trade!! Where's the "We're going Undefeated option??"

KPA

Reaction score
My concern is how Bevell will try to use him. If I see Graham on a jet sweep, I will lose my frickin mind

kearly

Reaction score
I would be lying if I said Graham is the perfect guy for Seattle, but his strongest areas address Seattle's biggest weakness. It doesn't hurt that he's on a HoF trajectory. I am amazed that they got him for what amounts to a 2nd round pick (in a weak draft) and a player Seattle was probably going to release by next year.

I still think we need a high end deep threat WR to stretch the field and take advantage of the 1 on 1s the Wilson/Lynch/Graham trio will provide. I don't think Graham fixes everything. But getting that big man for money downs was the toughest and most important task this offseason, and PC/JS got it done for less than I thought it would take.

Remember when Russ gushed about Tony Gonzalez for like a year straight after the Falcons game? Well, now he'll finally know what it's like to have that kind of security blanket for himself.

I will miss healthy Unger and interview Unger. But I still love this move.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Crashed and burned the first time. Wasn't pretty.

And the second?

I'll let you know in the morning but it's looking pretty good so far.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
if we sign Wiz I see us getting a speedy WR in the 2nd round, might as well find two of em and see which one sticks.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
The Seahawks desperately needed a playmaker in the passing game. After the Richardson injury, I kind of dreaded having to develop another pass catcher. It takes a lot of time and effort to get those guys up to speed. The other option was to sign an aging WR and hope he still has something left in the tank. Let's just say that getting Graham blows those limited choices out of the water. Carroll and Schneider continue to surprise me.

Of course there is cost involved and I'll miss Unger much more than I'll miss a late first round pick. I'm not that heartbroken about shaking up the o-line, though, because there hasn't been a lot of continuity anyway. We might even be able to get a little younger and healthier. So I won't stress out about Center/Guard until I see which way the Seahawks go. All in all I like the move and think it's exactly what our offense needed.

netskier

Reaction score
Do you think that Richardson and Lockette will become effective going deep with Graham on the girls? How high end do they have to be? I think they are both fast enough, assuming Paul recovers fully.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
In the end, our offense got more dangerous and this move could open things up for Lynch and the running game, preventing teams from stacking the box. Yes, losing Max does hurt the line, but the net benefit is such that we had to make the move. The price per year for Graham to us is 3 years at 9 mill per season. With the Saints taking almost a 16 million dollar hit last year on their cap, this looks pretty darn good for us.

The injury issues both Max and Graham had last year are concerns but I'm sure both will be fine. I don't feel great about this move, but I think it will be better for us in the end and I think how I feel is indicative that it is probably a pretty fair trade. Now I hope they draft some good offensive linemen this year. We will need them.

original poster

Reaction score
The way I see it we had two options -

Sign a veteran nearing the end of his career - This is perfect for instant production but is only ever a short term solution, 1 maybe 2 years max.

Draft a young WR - This undoubatably takes time and the chance of us getting a starter that delivers with the numbers we need from day one is very hard, especially where we were picking from.

Jimmy is literally the best of both words, in the height of his career, instant production and takes away two of our biggest needs.

I see us signing a speedy WR in the draft to develop and a kick returner as a starter. The rest can go on depth roles on both lines and maybe one safety.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I was first excited but then remembered the Percy harvin debacle. Who knows but if this trade doesn't work out cause we can utilize his talents I hope they never trade for an offensive talent again.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Like I said in the other Graham thread... not that one, the OTHER one... nope, not that one either...

Jerramy Stevens on crack. Or maybe, sober Jerramy Stevens?

Either way, the Jimi Graham Experience is about to send shock waves reverberating all throughout the PNW.

JonRud

Reaction score
After a couple days to digest it I love this move. Mainly I love that our front office is never complacent and will continue to swing for the fences to improve the team.

Graham is a monster. He will make all the other RBs and WRs on the team better just by being on the field. I have to admit I didn't like him at all when he was a Saint but now that he's a Hawk I'm all for it.

I hope we open the season Sunday night in GB and Graham has his coming out party with 2 TDs in a 14 point Hawks win. Show the rest of the NFC that nobody is beating us next year.

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry to see Unger leave, but overall, I like the move. I didn't vote for instant SB, but I do think it improves our chances.

Someone who can move the chains and make the tough RZ TD catches is just what the team needs. Does anybody think that Graham would have got pushed out of the way by a 3rd string DB on that last devastating play in the SB?

This is an announcement to the NFL: The Seahawks are far from done.

Latest posts