Your favorite 2015 Draft pick

Who was your favorite 2015 Seahawk draft selection?

• Frank Clark

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • Tyler Lockett

Votes: 82 59.9%
  • Terry Poole

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mark Glowinski

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Tye Smith

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Obum Gwachum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Kristjan Sokoli

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Ryan Murphy

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
(Jimmy Graham does not count.)

My favorite is a tie between Lockett and Glowinski.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to watching Lockett on special teams... gunner, PR and KR.

Our ST from last year really needed a spark... and Lockett's just what the doctor ordered.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Some key facts on Glowinski:

(1) Freakish pSPARQ -- 4th highest of any offensive linemen in this year's class. Better than 95% of current NFL linemen. Glowinski has ideal size, length, and athleticism for an interior linemen in our blocking scheme. He is explosive (1.71 10-yard split) and powerful (31 bench press reps of 225 lbs).

(2) Plays with "nasty," blocks through the whistle, clears out big interior linemen, and does a nice job getting up to the next level. Similar movement and playing style of Justin Britt.

(3) Although he needs to refine his technique (hand placement and footwork), he has lots of good tape -- played the 3rd most snaps of any guard in college football last season and graded out the best among zone blockers in the Big 12.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tye Smith is up there for me too. This guy really stands out on tape . . . look at what he did against West Virginia's Kevin White, allowing just 1.48 Yards per Cover Snap. He closes on the ball extremely well, using his 78" wingspan (6'0 tall, 32" arms) to deflect balls and get INTs. He is aggressive, has very quick feet (3.96 short shuttle), and he attacks ball carriers in the running game.

The Seahawks keep churning out tall corners like the 49ers churn out explosive OLBs.

[youtube]v0xsKYLRvTE[/youtube]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I went with Glowinski because we haven't had a good interior pass blocker, nor that sound of a player at guard for quite some time. That could improve our offense, as a whole, better than any WR can. Second place goes to Lockett because he most likely will start on day one and instantly improve our return game.

What I don't understand is why Poole basically gets handed the LG spot, when Glowinski is the more sound player at this point. Shouldn't Poole be the one having to prove himself against Sweezy? I'd rather the LG be good at pass pro.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is the first draft in a while where I have been completely sold on all the players. Maybe that's a bad thing considering how often I've been wrong in the past.

Jimmy Graham is the obvious choice for obvious reasons. Of course he counts.

Frank Clark is a tremendous steal if the Seahawks are right about there being two sides to the incident. One of the most explosive players in the draft with great size and wingspan and we got him at the end of the second.

Lockett will be the starting PR/KR right away and is a super exciting prospect. Posters are also overestimating the cost to acquire him. Yes it was four picks, but they were only worth a total of 233 points on the traditional chart which is approximately equal to an early third round pick. That isn't selling the farm by any means and if he does nothing else for us but return well then he'll turn out to be a great pick. And of course, he also has a ton of upside as receiver. I don't see the comparisons with Tate at all, but instead I see him more like a DeSean Jackson.

Poole (LG), Glowinski (RG) and Sokoli (C) are exactly what the O-line needed. Fantastic size and athleticism (pSparq) to provide depth and push the starters. We can move all three of these guys around and it really sets up the future nicely for the line when we went into the draft with it looking pretty bare.

Tye Smith was from a tiny school but in the few snaps he did get against great players he was outstanding. He has the length that the Hawks look for and they are fantastic at coaching up outside corners.

Obum Gwacham only played one year as a DE and could be more depth at LEO. He's super athletic and could be a big special teams contributor if the coaching staff can find him a position somewhere.

Ryan Murphy is a big SS who likes to hit people. I think he has a great shot to make the team in place of the departed Jeron Johnson.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I predict that everyone will appreciate the impact of Tyler Lockett as a kickoff & punt returner, but his MAJOR value will be as a WR that can get open on nearly every play. Lockett & RW will become one of the best tandems of QB and WR in the NFL by the end of the coming season, even on this "running team". Note, I said "I predict", Lockett was my favorite player I wanted going into the draft and I am extremely excited to watch him and RW get together and win a lot of games together. They'll probably be best friends soon.........the future is bright.

kearly

Reaction score
There are at least five picks from this draft that would have been my favorite in 2014. Maybe more.

Like hawknation2015, I also really like Glow and Tye Smith and thought about voting for them. I'm not kidding, I think Tye Smith might have the best college highlight reel of any corner Pete has drafted. I also love how Smith's lack of bulk might actually help him cover fast slot WRs like Julian Edelman, which was obviously an issue Seattle needed to address. Glow's youtube stuff looks a lot like Sweezy, he might be a day 1 starter depending on how things go.

Frank Clark has a chance to be the biggest steal in the entire 2015 NFL draft. So does Tyler Lockett.

I also like the Sokoli and Murphy picks a lot.

I think Graham is going to be a very good player for us, but not a superstar. I guess you could make a very logical case for Graham, though.

For me, it's a tough call but I went with Lockett. How nice it is to finally get this kind of talent infusion at WR. Richardson is a solid WR, but kind of boring. Lockett is an explosive play waiting to happen. Even if he isn't our best WR, he will be the most fun to watch.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I pick Tyler Lockett, I just watch the games with him going against UCLA and TCU (also watched the 2013 TCU game, he destroyed Jason Verrett who was drafted 1st round 25th pick by the Charger in 2014). Teams that let him return those kick usually ends up paying for it. I had a feeling when we first drafted Wilson and I have that same feeling with Lockett, course I also had that same feeling with Christine Michael, still waiting on that one but who knows at this point.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Probably Lockette but I'm intrigued by Smith with how excited they were about him.

crosfam

Reaction score
My favorite is when we traded into the bottom of the 7th for La'el Collins.

Oh wait, we did not do that...

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm just like a lot of you in that I love all these picks. I suppose Poole is the only guy I was a little confused about, but all-in-all I think this draft has a great chance to turn out like the one we were really, REALLY, needing: one that yields 3, possibly more, impact players to make up for the lack of them the past few drafts. Ideally, some of those guys like Marsh, Norwood, and KPL will step forward positively this year, and Richardson will get healthy.

Anyhow, Frank Clark gets my vote. I empathize with him in a lot of ways and I think he has a real chance to be a truly special, tilt-the-field kind of player on defense. It's great to have Michael Bennett, but wouldn't be even great to have TWO such players on the field at the same time?!

Also, beyond his potential, I really hope he is a roaring success and then saves a family from a burning building and donates the proceeds of his first marketing deal to a women's shelter so the media will have a fun time doing the funky chicken.

Tical21

Reaction score
I fell for the Tye Smith tape. Also agree that he could have a chance to start. The preseason battle at CB is going to be a lot of fun to watch.