Frank Clark

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I want to know if he is impressive because he is that good or is it because our offensive line is weak. If a rookie is dominating our offensive line in practice I am kind of worried as a Seahawks fan.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
dopeboy206":14ydkmyc said:
I want to know if he is impressive because he is that good or is it because our offensive line is weak. If a rookie is dominating our offensive line in practice I am kind of worried as a Seahawks fan.

Yet another fan worried about the offensive line getting dominated... IN PRACTICE... When will it stop?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's good to hear he's been impressive. But it's only practice. Let's see how he does when the lights are on Friday night

StoneCold

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":ao8jq12l said:
dopeboy206":ao8jq12l said:

Yet another fan worried about the offensive line getting dominated... IN PRACTICE... When will it stop?

When the offensive line stops getting dominated. Then we can worry about or defensive line.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
After the pads go on and real hitting starts the team will begin to really know how long the learning curve will be for Clark before he starts to possibly become a difference maker. I suspect the positive news is a bit of hype tempered with some genuinely positive observations of the young player's high upside potential.

I'm pleased to hear this news though as it would indicate that the team has drafted a keeper. As well i'm very pleased to hear that Cassius Marsh has been lighting things up too. All this bodes well for the future.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":367t2nfl said:
dopeboy206":367t2nfl said:

It's .NET standard procedure.

If Clark's shining, it's time to worry about the O-line.

If the O-line is really stepping up, it's time to worry about the pass rush.

If the WRs look good, it's time to fret about the secondary.

If the LOB is dominating, suddenly we need to panic about our passing game.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good news, but I always take "HE'S AMAZING!" training camp news with a grain of salt.

Every year every coach across the league gushes about their players in camp, so I keep my excitement over Clark and our O-linemen who Cable said Saturday "is the best group of lineman he's ever had" until we see these guys in action.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
volsunghawk":274pdy6h said:
dumbrabbit":274pdy6h said:
dopeboy206":274pdy6h said:

This is exactly why we DO have nice things. What need would there be for .net if we just did this...

Image123

...all the way through the offseason?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Clark's Michigan tape is outstanding.

No exaggeration.

And he has the insane athletic resume to match.

Very exciting talent.

HawkGA

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1n8yu71f said:

I hear Lockett is looking good on punt returns so clearly Jon Ryan isn't getting enough hang time on his punts.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1zoc2boo said:
dopeboy206":1zoc2boo said:

Well, our offensive line hasn't been all that great during the regular season. So, I imagine it'll stop when that part turns around.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkGA":1qnj8n47 said:
volsunghawk":1qnj8n47 said:

I hear Lockett is looking good on punt returns so clearly Jon Ryan isn't getting enough hang time on his punts.

I know you are making a joke but it illustrates the concern that was expressed above.

Jon Ryan UNLIKE the O-Line has shown the ability to have great hang time. So there is no concern there

In regards to O-line - hasn't performed great for 2 years, rookies being rotated in-and-out in training camp looking for the right mix. So if someone on defense is dominating it could very well be justified to have concerns.....

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to go a different way here.

This was Blitzer post, so I figured Clark was injured. Way to throw me the curve ball, Blitz. :|

Ozzy

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3u1rg3is said:
Clark's Michigan tape is outstanding.

No exaggeration.

And he has the insane athletic resume to match.

Very exciting talent.

I agree 100%. I think they got a steal with Clark because of the off the field accusations. He will be a key component of this defense.

netskier

Reaction score
I expect this year's offensive line to start worse than last year's, but to end better. The drama will be how long it takes to become as as good as last year's.

kearly

Reaction score
People forget, but the 2013 OL was one of the worst pass blocking lines EVER, and Seattle still won it all that year.

I think that, pessimistically speaking, the 2015 OL might remind us of the 2013 line with all the young players who are not not here for their pass pro. That said, Justin Britt was a very good run blocker as a rookie, and so was Sweezy. If injury forces Glow into a starting job I'd at least feel pretty good about his run blocking.

It's also worth noting that the current starting OL all have prior starting experience. It's not a veteran group but it's not a bunch of rookies either.

As long as they can open creases and cutback lanes for Marshawn, Seattle will be effective on offense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I actually think the line will be better this year am I crazy? Britt with another year of experience, a healthy Okung(hopefully) and overall just a better group. I guess I'm alone in that sentiment.

sutz

Reaction score
austinslater25":2zhdyam4 said:
I actually think the line will be better this year am I crazy? Britt with another year of experience, a healthy Okung(hopefully) and overall just a better group. I guess I'm alone in that sentiment.
Not alone. I am guardedly optimistic. One prerequisite for good OL play is the continuity of playing multiple seasons together. Turnover on the OL hasn't been that large lately, unlike the early Pete years. I think they won't be all that bad.

I take some comfort in knowing that we don't stack up that badly against most of the league. We may not be the top line, but I think we'll be plenty good enough.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I don't want to be hasty here, but our DL is beginning to look absolutely beastly.