Marshawn sitting in a luxury box at C-Link?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Am I the only one bothered to see Lynch sitting in the stands, when (I think) he should have been standing on the sidelines with his team mates?

Weird.

marko358

Reaction score
Why does this bother you? Didn't faze me whatsoever.

People complaining just to complain.

seahawks08

Reaction score
He is recovering from hamstring injury, he needs cushy seats for it rather than sit in the bench. Besides if he stands in the side line, he might be flipping the playcalls as and when they are called :D

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
It's funny you mention that because when they showed Marshawn in that box up top my wife says "why isn't he down on the sidelines with his teammates" and the only answer I could come up with was that maybe they didn't want to take a chance on him getting accidently hit when a play goes out of bounds.

You see guys flying around out of bounds all the time and taking out coaches and guys in sweatpants etc...

Maybe they didn't want Lynch to possibly be in harms way?

Or maybe he just wanted to see the game from a different viewpoint?

Either way, I don't think it's a big deal personally. The guys know Marshawn is a different cat who does what he does because he wants to do it. By all accounts he's a great teammate and the guys love him so it's all good I think!! :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Paschtorian":l0qhh4x5 said:
Am I the only one bothered to see Lynch sitting in the stands, when (I think) he should have been standing on the sidelines with his team mates?

Weird.

Actually fairly common.. especially when you are recovering from a litany of lower body injuries in which sitting in a comfy chair for 3 hours would be far better than standing or sitting on a bleacher seat.

Weird would be if he wasn't there at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tony Romo does it with regularity up there with Jerry Jones. So when Beast Mode does it, it's not ok?? hmmmm

Shoot, Jeremy Shockey was up there during the Super Bowl. Now that was lame.

MVP53

Reaction score
I was actually more surprised he was even in the stadium to begin with.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Nothing odd about it. Think fans have a different perspective on the games (big events you have to pay for) than the players (been on the sidelines plenty). He may have also wanted to spend time with friends/family and see from a different perspective.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I don't care what Marshawn does as long as he isn't breaking the law and keeps running hard when he's on the field.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Some people are so nasty with their comments. The OP asks a good question... I wondered this myself but he could be scouting the oline. Him giving an honest assessment of their performance from above. Must be a rarity for him to be up top and not on the field.

piston bully

Reaction score
The marshawn lynch of previous years would have been down on the field. He was running drills before the game looked good but did not believe he could go the distance so I'm not buying the he needs a cushy chair thing. I think he wants to go beast mode this year and has all the right intentions but to me it looks like the fire and body are fading and he wont be able perform like he wants to. A player with his intensity along with how he punishes his body has a shelf life and when the expiration date hits it hits fast.I would be shocked if he breaks 750 yards this year. Hope I'm wrong.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Obviously not super important, but could he just put a Seahawks hat on or something? He was wearing all red like he was the Cardinals mascot.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11t36e9h said:
Tony Romo does it with regularity up there with Jerry Jones. So when Beast Mode does it, it's not ok?? hmmmm

Shoot, Jeremy Shockey was up there during the Super Bowl. Now that was lame.

I think Shockey was half way off team by then, LOL
I know they got rid of him after that game

253hawk

Reaction score
Being that he knew he wasn't going to play, maybe he had some friends/family in town and wanted to spend some time with them.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I remember thinking that this was going to be a thread after seeing him up there, I was hoping there would not be one but alas. Much like a coordinator, he had a great view of the run game/play development up there, he looked pretty into the game, the fact that this thread exists annoys me, but I guess that's my problem.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
piston bully":2a5hp142 said:
I would be shocked if he breaks 750 yards this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Unless we see major improvements on the Offensive Line, I'd be surprised if he hits 600 yards!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
A couple of things come to mind here. One....he probably would not mind being up in the box so he could see the game. When you run tape all the time and see things off tape, you may miss something and dont feel it. Seeing it from up above as the ensemble plays out the job you do, you see things with a different perspective. I would have gone this and done this..etc. I dont think I have seen him up above the team during a game for this type of perspective. 2. His perspective may be what some of the coaching staff need to see for them to evaluate the next gen Seahawks. Maybe this new direction is what they are looking at and need input from different sources. Using it as a teaching tool is a great thing. He could see the problems on the oline too and therefore give his teammates assistance in changing their methods of visualization. Heck, if they put some of those screenshots on the Surface and play them out on the field as practical...maybe our oline may be able to do better.

Just my thoughts. Go Hawks....

drrew

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it, but anyone thinking this was some sort of maneuver to give him a different view of the field and come up with great revelations is delusional. If that was the case, he'd have been in the coaches box, not a luxury suite.

Latest posts