Ta Hell With the INT's -- Love Those Long Bombs

chet380

Reaction score
Unfortunate consequence possible, but a huge upside if successful.

smerfy01

Reaction score
exactly. loved seeing it. was a little disappointed with the INTs, but i wasn't angry. hope we keep trying to be vertical in our passing game.

can i also say that we had successful seam routes today? oh my god that was good to see.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not sure why he was throwing the second one there, but Kearse totally gave up on that play, really weak.

Be interesting to see how we use Richardson when he's back.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Amen, brotha. So nice to watch a comfortable butt kicking.

timmat

Reaction score
I didn't mind it because if it's picked, it's like a great punt. But with Matthews and Lockette on this team, why run that to Kearse? Try that with the big bodies.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I must be the only one shaking my head then..

Stupid. Stupid for the moment and stupid for the fact the deep bomb was to kearse.

When will this Damn team figure out the only thing kearse can do anymore is find soft spots in zone?. They act like he's a man beater, which frankly he never was consistently.

If we want to go aggressive with a lead it should automatically go to Jimmy. At least he will fight off the defender interception. Kearse looks like a limp rag fighting the defender.

OP
OP
C

chet380

Reaction score
Optimus25":16ewztj5 said:
I must be the only one shaking my head then..

Stupid. Stupid for the moment and stupid for the fact the deep bomb was to kearse.

When will this Damn team figure out the only thing kearse can do anymore is find soft spots in zone?. They act like he's a man beater, which frankly he never was consistently.

If we want to go aggressive with a lead it should automatically go to Jimmy. At least he will fight off the defender interception. Kearse looks like a limp rag fighting the defender.
The defensive guy made a really good play on both INT's.

minormillikin

Reaction score
That second interception was disappointing because it seemed needlessly risky on a 2nd down when they seemed to be moving the ball pretty well.

That said, we've been wanting to put some balls up and let receivers fight for the ball. A few inches this way or the other on the interceptions and we've got a 34-3 blowout.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chet380":3celb9kj said:
Unfortunate consequence possible, but a huge upside if successful.
They were badly thrown but if you're going throw an interception they're typically the least harmful. And yes, the mindset behind them is what I want my offense to have even if dink and dunk is likely to be objectively more successful in most cases.

baumer64

Reaction score
Dang... people have been complaining that Russell is being too conservative and not throwing and having his receiver fight for it. When he does throw deep and it's picked, many of the same people are bashing the play. I think Russell took a chance but was a good decision. If Kearse hadn't quit running on the play, it might have been caught or at least broken up. I put that pick on Kearse all the way.

Good Win!!! GO HAWKS!!!

nash72

Reaction score
chet380":1vwplt02 said:
The defensive guy made a really good play on both INT's.

The first one was an easy play for the defense. Russ just never saw him.

Anyways, I thought the 2nd one was kind of stupid and unnecessary, but it is nice to see him throw a few anyways.

The Outfield

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3jktxi2v said:
Not sure why he was throwing the second one there, but Kearse totally gave up on that play, really weak.

I agree. It was strange to me how Kearse just slowed down and let him pick it. Didn't even appear to make an effort to go after the guy and get a hand up.

jayhawkk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/657404141874970624[/tweet]

titan3131

Reaction score
The Outfield":put2xkwb said:
SomersetHawk":put2xkwb said:

I agree. It was strange to me how Kearse just slowed down and let him pick it. Didn't even appear to make an effort to go after the guy and get a hand up.

WEIRD!>!>!>!?!?!?!

Kearse is the worst WR on the team. HE gives up on so many plays, if he manages a useful catch I am shocked.

Sac

Reaction score
titan3131":ihwq9y0a said:
The Outfield":ihwq9y0a said:
SomersetHawk":ihwq9y0a said:

WEIRD!>!>!>!?!?!?!

Kearse is the worst WR on the team. HE gives up on so many plays, if he manages a useful catch I am shocked.

No. Ricardo Lockette is the worst. Kearse would make a pretty good #3 if Pete would just bump Tyler up the depth chart.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I mean, there are throws that give only your receiver a chance and then there lobs into double coverage. I think he can do more of the first without the second.

That said, I didn't really mind them this game. With the way Kap was going, SF was just as likely to punt it right back to the same spot after a few downs. And Russ needed to get downfield a little bit for the sake of his confidence. The play to Lockett was big.

daveman918

Reaction score
Was going to create a similar post. I like that Russ took some additional risks on throws tonight. Reason, he'll be less hesitant to throw the tight coverage stuff like he did with Jimmy tonight. I hope they don't over react to the picks and reign him in too much.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I love RW but those INTS were plain STUPID

The first one he should of just dumped it off to the WIDE OPEN WR on the right around the first down marker..so so STUPID to throw it into the endzone

Second one Kearse gave up on the route and Wilson also lobbed it into double coverage. This one wasnt as bad since it was such a far throw but still terrible decision

We dont need russel damn LUCK out there....Need Russel Wilson