Not looking good

OkieHawk

Reaction score
For Jimmy G. according to this report. I'm still holding out that he'll bounce back, but this lowered my optimism quite a bit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Okie. Gotta believe he's going to contribute this year. We'll soon see what he has left in camp

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":g72gfmot said:
Thanks Okie. Gotta believe he's going to contribute this year. We'll soon see what he has left in camp

Like I said, I'm rooting for him, but I didn't know the extent of that injury or the actual recovery rate before reading that. It kind of sobered my outlook and made me even more glad we brought in Vannett.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
To be fair (or at least optimistic), that "report" is based on previous players that have had that injury and not a current up to date status on how Jimmy is doing.

It is a nasty injury to come back from. No doubt.

We shall see. I am holding out hope.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":248mmbvi said:
To be fair (or at least optimistic), that "report" is based on previous players that have had that injury and not a current up to date status on how Jimmy is doing.

It is a nasty injury to come back from. No doubt.

We shall see. I am holding out hope.

True, which is why I'm not all "THE SKY IS FALLING!!". Different people will react to treatment...differently.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
All along I've been hopeful he was back around mid-season. That's still my hope but if he was never the same it would not be a surprise.

ivotuk

Reaction score

HawkGA

Reaction score
From a strictly football perspective, I must admit that I don't really care if he comes back (obviously as a person, I have a different view). But I think the offense did just fine without him. Not really his fault, as I think it's just one of those things where the pieces don't fit. So I'm fine with them taking a long term approach and at least PUPing him to start the season.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Hopefully Vannett will have a Carlson-esque rookie season and ensure that Jimmy's loss won't leave us "ungering" for a tight end.

Largent80

Reaction score
There seems to be a lack of athletes in this injury category. So I am going to not go gloom and doom about JG's recovery until I see actual proof on the field.

kf3339

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1m1zt74z said:
Hopefully Vannett will have a Carlson-esque rookie season and ensure that Jimmy's loss won't leave us "ungering" for a tight end.

I agree with this about Vanett. He has all the potential tools to be a solid blocking TE and a very good receiving threat as well. Perhaps not as good as Jimmy, but then we really don't need it. I thank PC was trying to make JG a complete TE which was never going to happen. He didn't have the heart to block, which is something you can't teach.

IF JG comes back I see him as pretty much a tall receiving option and red zone threat only. That in itself is valuable but not for what he is making on his contract. But again he may never come back all the way. Too soon to tell.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2apv1j1a said:
For Jimmy G. according to this report. I'm still holding out that he'll bounce back, but this lowered my optimism quite a bit.
That article doesn't say anything about JG or his particular recovery just the fact that his injury has an uncertain recovery historically.

dogorama

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2bvj0yny said:

The seriousness of this particular injury has been well known from the start, I thought you were posting a new development.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2elrmaa0 said:
That article doesn't say anything about JG or his particular recovery just the fact that his injury has an uncertain recovery historically.

Yep, kind of my point.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":1hqpmsjp said:
OkieHawk":1hqpmsjp said:

The seriousness of this particular injury has been well known from the start, I thought you were posting a new development.

I hadn't realized the mention of a report previously...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This Rotoworld post is not new news. Of course, the injury is a serious injury and recovery from it always uncertain, but the team seems to think JG is recovering well. Time will tell, but I'm not going to be negative about it when the team isn't.

chris98251

Reaction score
Were at a point that people are fishing for hits and bringing up stuff to get Hits and to generate conversation, just like the Oh no, the Seahawks are in trouble if they don't get Pete and John signed soon !

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3taq0rlr said:
OkieHawk":3taq0rlr said:

I was reading somewhere, where really only a few players has come back from it and the ones that have, were nowhere near what they were before the injury. It's sobering, so if he does come back fully, it will be a huge lift for everyone.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bobblehead":22be6txh said:
MizzouHawkGal":22be6txh said:
OkieHawk":22be6txh said:

I was reading somewhere, where really only a few players has come back from it and the ones that have, were nowhere near what they were before the injury. It's sobering, so if he does come back fully, it will be a huge lift for everyone.
We know this Ken. Give me something real. Otherwise love you my favorite Bobble Head. :stirthepot:

Johanna