Joe Thomas... Do we finally pull the trigger on a deal?

Joe Thomas... Do we finally pull the trigger on a deal?

• Yes, give Cleveland 2017 1st rounder and bring him in asap:

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • No, he's too old and not worth the #1 pick:

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • I like Sowell and thinking about buying a jersey:

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Seasons over, doom and gloom:

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

ospreyhawks

Reaction score
Massive salary cap problem with that

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
If salary wasn't an issue, would be worth talking about for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
We would be playing into their hands and it would be a Bradford type request to get him. Not to mention we would need to probably ship players off to get space.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I dont think they are going to trade him and if they did it would probably take two number ones.

dogorama

Reaction score
Judging by the deal Okung signed this year w/Denver we could have kept him for 5 mil this year, that's it, no guaranteed money.

He's way better than Sowell and it fits well within our cap. And before you cite his plethora of penalties, please note that he played in 14 games in 2014, in 7 of those games he had no penalties; in 2015 he played in 13 games and also didn't have a penalty in 7 of those games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... penalties/

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":21y1kobz said:
Judging by the deal Okung signed this year w/Denver we could have kept him for 5 mil this year, that's it, no guaranteed money.

He's way better than Sowell and it fits well within our cap. And before you cite his plethora of penalties, please note that he played in 14 games in 2014, in 7 of those games he had no penalties; in 2015 he played in 13 games and also didn't have a penalty in 7 of those games.

No... he's not even worth THAT money. He was a constant injury liability and had to start early to protect the QB i.e. he wasn't that good. I'd rather have a shitty guy that stays healthy than an average player that is constantly hurt.

dogorama

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":jlnl9p62 said:
dogorama":jlnl9p62 said:

No... he's not even worth THAT money. He was a constant injury liability and had to start early to protect the QB i.e. he wasn't that good. I'd rather have a shitty guy that stays healthy than an average player that is constantly hurt.

A player that played in 27 of 32 games the last two years is NOT a "constant" injury liability. The players we have now will be just as bad, mark my words.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":287ifksp said:
NFSeahawks628":287ifksp said:
dogorama":287ifksp said:

A player that played in 27 of 32 games the last two years is NOT a "constant" injury liability. The players we have now will be just as bad, mark my words.

Regardless he declined significantly since his first year in the league. I'm aware that the veteran players we brought in also underperformed and I'm not big on Gilliam but Ifedi will help when he gets back. Hard to say we can be any worse than what we had last year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well it depends on your definition of "injury liability"

Okung was sometimes injured. He did not get to play every game but he played in a lot of them.

Sowell is probably going to end up being healthy forever but will probably result in plenty of sacks and hits throughout the year as he lets people blow past him to injure other people.

Sowell is a liability to everyone else. Okung just meant we might miss him for a game or two here and there.

Also Okung could run block. Our run blocking blows now.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dogorama":18goisde said:

We offered him a better deal.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z1969df said:
Well it depends on your definition of "injury liability"

Okung was sometimes injured. He did not get to play every game but he played in a lot of them.

Sowell is probably going to end up being healthy forever but will probably result in plenty of sacks and hits throughout the year as he lets people blow past him to injure other people.

Sowell is a liability to everyone else. Okung just meant we might miss him for a game or two here and there.

Also Okung could run block. Our run blocking blows now.

Apparently he is playing well with Denver and yea... run blocking ....

MANNNN!

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
HawkerD":1ryt5b5o said:
One LT doesn't make an OL.
and yet all it takes is 1 severly weak link at a crucial position on that same OL to do more than enough damage to the offense

sigh

dogorama

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3iid9xqs said:
dogorama":3iid9xqs said:

We offered him a better deal.

How do know that? I don't remember any details of a deal offered and even if we did, he shopped himself around the league and found that he wasn't as treasured as he thought he was. He is a measuredly better tackle than anyone that we have by a mile.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":31k8l23v said:
We would be playing into their hands and it would be a Bradford type request to get him. Not to mention we would need to probably ship players off to get space.
Unfortunately all likely true. Yet the other side of the coin is that Bradford got Minny a big win tonight and played pretty darned well. If Thomas gave us the same he might be worth it though not two 1s. And yeah, we'd likely have to clear some space too.