Why was Sowell playing RT?

King Dog

Reaction score
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I had to work during most of the game. When I finally got the game on, I saw Sowell playing RT. Did he start? Did Gilliam get hurt, or was he just sucking? Thanks

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Gilliam has been horrible all season. I never heard that he got hurt. The announcers commented on it too. Nobody on the OL earned their money yesterday. It was awful.

GLio14

Reaction score
To be quite honest, I would start giving Odhiambo snaps at RT at practice to see how he does. Bradley Sowell is ass. He's awful. Gilliam, is bleh. Let's see what Odhiambo has to offer.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Gilliam got benched after two drives. I didn't see anything obviously horrendous by him (though he wasn't good at all) but he must have really made Cable mad, missed assignments probably.

Fant was letting edge rushers get straight to Russ too. A less mobile QB gets immediately sacked on that 4th down conversion at the end of the game. I mean, literally was in the backfield at the snap. Russ luckily saw it and rolled out past him. Gerald McCoy would shed single and double blocks on the interior at the snap. Just an abomination overall against a bad defense, not one of them deserved a paycheck yesterday.

andyh64000

Reaction score
It was the worst o-line performance I have ever seen and Hunt had the worst individual performance I have ever seen. It was like the middle of the line didn't exist so I think the tackles had to compensate for the gaping hole in the middle. I assume there were also protection communication issues as well.