How would you describe the 2017 Seahawks today?

Please chose the 1 choice that most applies to your current feeling about our team.

• 1) Still on track to make a deep run.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 2) Making progress takes time, we've been here before. Be patient and enjoy the ride.

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • 3) Starting to wonder if this team really has peaked and we are heading downhill.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • 4) Writing is on the wall. Expect it to get worse.

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • 5) Fire Bevell and things will get better.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • 6) Fire Cable and things will get better.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • 7) We are toast, and I'm done caring about this team for now.

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
Please chose the 1 choice that most applies to your current feeling about the team.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I went with 3). I wanted to go with 2), but I couldn't. We've started slow before, but never THIS slow.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
jdemps":2mvbvst9 said:
The Seahawks are a Ferrari. Pete's behind the wheel, Bevell's working the stick, and Cable's on the clutch. The faster we can put it in gear, the further we'll go.

I think we found the problem.. Cable doesn't know how to drive a stick.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Bobblehead":37v4nvwr said:
jdemps":37v4nvwr said:
The Seahawks are a Ferrari. Pete's behind the wheel, Bevell's working the stick, and Cable's on the clutch. The faster we can put it in gear, the further we'll go.

Tom Cable always talks about liking the grind.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":30dztsyv said:
I went with 3). I wanted to go with 2), but I couldn't. We've started slow before, but never THIS slow.

Sure we did. 2015.

Honestly, the team is about where I expected them to be. I figured individually we'd lose by a score in GB and Tennessee. But hoped we'd pull one of those out.

Seattle didn't pull one of those out. But not because they were outclassed. We simply left a lot of plays and points on the field. Lack of execution has been the common thread. Not bad plays. Not bad schemes. Just bad execution.

We're less than five unforced error plays from being undefeated. But we're also just a few more away from being winless. This team probably will end up 3-3 in the first 6 games. Seattle is going to have to have a come to Jesus moment like they did in 2015 and get straight on defense. Because it's been on the defense that this team is failing.

hawk45

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":sni21ila said:
MontanaHawk05":sni21ila said:

Sure we did. 2015.

Honestly, the team is about where I expected them to be. I figured individually we'd lose by a score in GB and Tennessee. But hoped we'd pull one of those out.

Seattle didn't pull one of those out. But not because they were outclassed. We simply left a lot of plays and points on the field. Lack of execution has been the common thread. Not bad plays. Not bad schemes. Just bad execution.

We're less than five unforced error plays from being undefeated. But we're also just a few more away from being winless. This team probably will end up 3-3 in the first 6 games. Seattle is going to have to have a come to Jesus moment like they did in 2015 and get straight on defense. Because it's been on the defense that this team is failing.

Yeah, but 2015 was when I realized this team isn't winning on the road in the playoffs in a conference championship. So whereas the slow starts used to be just something to endure, now every game we drop which we could have won had we not just detonated half our OL in the offseason leads to a sense of urgency, because our road to the Superbowl is likely to require 12 or better wins to secure HFA.

This team also isn't beating anyone in the playoffs with a top-5 (maybe top-10) front 7 no matter how improved they look in the regular season but that's a different issue than starting slow.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
jdemps":2hb1m70p said:

The problem with this Seahawk Ferrari is that Bevell put the car in reverse and Cable kicked it through the window and appears is it's on the way down to the ground... And Pete is going to be pissed when he comes home."oh yeah"

NINEster

Reaction score
Bobblehead":e2olugjb said:
jdemps":e2olugjb said:

LOL.

I figured he could drive a stick but his clutch has been slipping as of late.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
2 all the way. I won't be concerned until we are still losing games with the same issues at the halfway point at which point count me in for a hard 3.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What worked well when the Hawks consistently won was:

1. Marshawn Lynch - Peak years
2. Decent run block o-line
3. Young hungry unpaid defense with depth
4. Players trust coaches
5. Players were motivated to establish their names

All of this are now a thing of the past. The current Seahawks regime cannot recover this.

Josea16

Reaction score
Number 2 like every year that have I been a fan (1981). I guess that makes me GenX and a 37er not quite old bastard.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I like those going with No. 2. Take a breath and really enjoy the journey. These are the seasons we will remember for a lifetime.

NINEster

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":29y03bzx said:
What worked well when the Hawks consistently won was:

1. Marshawn Lynch - Peak years
2. Decent run block o-line
3. Young hungry unpaid defense with depth
4. Players trust coaches
5. Players were motivated to establish their names

All of this are now a thing of the past. The current Seahawks regime cannot recover this.

6. Wilson was playing pro bono.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
NINEster":3kj6gm9y said:
6. Wilson was playing pro bono.

I picked 1. Number 2 goes without saying.....and based on Russel Wilson's history before Seahawks and present Seahawks era, there isn't a scintilla of evidence that this man would ever rest on his laurels or ever give less than 100% every single second that he's been on the field. To suggest otherwise is absurd. It's in his DNA and his character.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm between 2 and 3. I picked 2 because their history shows a certain pattern. I do believe the team has regressed to a certain extent since SB49 and are not cohesive as they were in 2012-2015. Still they are a team that can get to the playoffs each year and that does give them a chance at another SB.

rjas77

Reaction score
My vote is not listed...

More focused on political and social events...not on football +1

raisethe3

Reaction score
I picked #3. Been wondering what's happened to this team. The identity we used to have is gone. There's no "BOOM" in the LOB anymore. There's no hard running game. The OL is too weak. Guys are way to soft compared to 2013-2014. I understand aging takes a toll, but I'm not complaining.

Latest posts