D-Line will be the biggest factor

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
The LOB, Lynch and Wilson will get most of the focus this week, but to me the biggest factor between winning on Sunday is the front seven and specifically our d-line. We MUST maintain pressure on Kaepernick and dominate the edge. I have faith in the LOB against their receivers but if our d-line doesn't keep the heat we will have problems. Kaepernick panics when he has heat on him, he tries to make a play and throws into tight coverage or he bounces to the outside and tries to gain yards. We have fast young linebackers so we can catch him if he bounces out but they must be careful on getting stuffed early in the play. It is important that we do this early so that we can get in Kaepernick's head and get the crowd into the mind game. We have done this twice before to him so we know it can be done. Lets just hope we can do it when it counts the most.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I see our D Line, especially Mebane being critical in shutting down Gore. SF is possibly without their backup fullback, so I'll be interested in how they run. I see SF being the type of opponent that won't stop trying to run it. I was shocked that Car was not able to get more than one sack last weekend.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The noise of the 12th Man should give them a good jump. Lets hope they make good use of it.

kmedic

Reaction score
Kaepernick is going to get his yards on some scrambles, that's almost guaranteed. As long as we shut down Gore and the rest of the RBs I think we'll be fine. I really don't see the 49ers scoring more than 20 points. The question is whether we score more than 20. The key to this game will be the offensive line. Can they protect Russell long enough for him to make his deep throws? Can they open enough holes to get Marshawn his 100 yards? And maybe most importantly, can they play a clean, penalty free game?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
kmedic":3s4is29z said:
Kaepernick is going to get his yards on some scrambles, that's almost guaranteed. As long as we shut down Gore and the rest of the RBs I think we'll be fine. I really don't see the 49ers scoring more than 20 points. The question is whether we score more than 20. The key to this game will be the offensive line. Can they protect Russell long enough for him to make his deep throws? Can they open enough holes to get Marshawn his 100 yards? And maybe most importantly, can they play a clean, penalty free game?
agree the key if to keep RW clean in the pocket and establish the run. I think the team with the best 3rd down conv rate is going to win. The less 3rd n longs the better off we are.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it's on the Linebackers and keeping gap control, they need to cover the underneath stuff with Boldin and the TE's and stay in gaps for the running game and be patient. I think the 49ers want to come out fast and will take some shots early. With gap control and good underneath coverage they will press, thats when we get the turnovers.

hoxrox

Reaction score
5 sacks. Over or under?

My prediction:

Bennett 2.5
Avril 1.5
McDonald 1
Clemons 1

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't care about sacks, care about pressures. That will cause him to make bad throws. I don like the sacks but I think with his abilities he will run, pressures and contain will create more havoc, a sack just pisses a person off, frusteration can make him make bad judgements.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Wagner is the key piece here. The run game stopping starts and ends with him.. Second most important player is Clemons. He needs to play his edge smartly and not be too aggressive in the rush. Kaeps will not beat us passing but can with his scrambling.

seadoc30

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20stu7m8 said:
2 sacks for the Hawks? Nope, at least 4

Sacks aren't important in this game as playing smart. Yes we need lots of pressure, but also maintain gap discipline. We can't over rush and use crazy techniques to get to the QB and leave the gaps. That Ostrich will take off and get 20+ yards, which would be disastrous.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Bennet scares me. That cat is a strip sack artist. Avril does the same thing, just not as consistently.