Sidney Rice

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
With the low amount of receiver being signed so far in free agency and things not looking to good for many of them because of the draft what do ya think of Rice's possibilities in being back. Doesn't seem to be much interest for him right now maybe we get him back real cheap.

nwgamer

Reaction score
His knees are pretty shot.. just sayin. Remember, he went to Sweeden or wherever in OTA's for specialized injections to relieve pain and discomfort.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The guy can run a 4.5 40 on them busted knees. Someone, if not us, will give him a chance

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Dude has made more than 20 million dollars gross in his career. I am not concerned.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If we miss on Tate, then I say yes. The Switzerland thing doesn't bother me. The ACL tear likely forced him to repair the knee fully, which he was trying to avoid with the Switzerland procedure.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2bau8tw5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2bau8tw5 said:
Man, I feel sorry for him.

Dude has made more than 20 million dollars gross in his career. I am not concerned.
What does his income/worth have to do with anything? Some people are way too obsessed with how much others make...

w00t

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's waitin on Decker, Tate and Nicks to get their deals and the domino effect will follow.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If we can bring him back on a cheap deal, I am all for it. Rice is a great locker room guy, he knows our system and does pretty well in it too.

The only knock on him is health and if he can come back for even part of next year it is worth it if the price is cheap.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2wc4sdy2 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2wc4sdy2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2wc4sdy2 said:

What does his income/worth have to do with anything? Some people are way too obsessed with how much others make...

Because his story is not sad. If you think Sidney Rice's situation is sad it is because you are blind to the world around you. Dude got injured after he got a ring and made his money. That isn't even sad within the NFL bubble.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think all she meant was that he's a good dude and she would like to see him in a good situation..

drdiags

Reaction score
There wouldn't be much activity on Rice the first week of Free Agency, not with the injury. He would be more like the Abraham, Freeny type veteran from last year, whose market isn't determine for a couple of weeks. Several trips would be made before Rice finds a home is my guess. The report was his knee was getting better, but he is still re-habbing it.

Could he even pass a physical at this moment is the question. If he was interested, I could see something toward TC, maybe OTAs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":fo9d0m79 said:
Hawkfan77":fo9d0m79 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":fo9d0m79 said:
MizzouHawkGal":fo9d0m79 said:

Because his story is not sad. If you think Sidney Rice's situation is sad it is because you are blind to the world around you. Dude got injured after he got a ring and made his money. That isn't even sad within the NFL bubble.
So you don't care at all that a guy who's worked his whole life to get a certain point in his professional can no longer do what he loves because his body was destroyed in the process all because of his worth?

drdiags

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":hdhp1s2q said:
MizzouHawkGal":hdhp1s2q said:

Who cares if you are not concerned. The poster stated she thought the story was sad. I am sure we all know they are big boys and this happens all the time. A teleport back to the gladiators days would be in order. I am sure the fallen gladiator would get his share of thumbs down.

cacksman

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":alqh2ojh said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":alqh2ojh said:
So you don't care at all that a guy who's worked his whole life to get a certain point in his professional can no longer do what he loves because his body was destroyed in the process all because of his worth?

I'm doing a ridiculous eye roll at you now.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
drdiags":3t20qver said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3t20qver said:
MizzouHawkGal":3t20qver said:

Who cares if you are not concerned. The poster stated she thought the story was sad. I am sure we all know they are big boys and this happens all the time. A teleport back to the gladiators days would be in order. I am sure the fallen gladiator would get his share of thumbs down.

So the poster can care but I say I am not concerned (making no reference as to how the poster should or should not feel) and get criticized for this opinion.

You are arguing you're own perception of what occurred.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":a0l5d81s said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":a0l5d81s said:

Not quite stepping on a landmine in Iraq. His body isn't destroyed either. He tore an ACL. It is an injury 16 year olds get playing soccer and recover from.

More importantly, he can play football every day for the rest of his life. In fact, he never HAS to do anything else.

drdiags

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1gbwug49 said:
drdiags":1gbwug49 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":1gbwug49 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1gbwug49 said:

So the poster can care but I say I am not concerned (making no reference as to how the poster should or should not feel) and get criticized for this opinion.

Your opinion is fine and could stand on its own, like your first post. When you quoted hers to show you felt opposite seemed to be more than just stating an opinion and more like mocking her post for being naive. The poster is more than capable of stating strong opinions as well so not trying to protect her.

Your post had me wondering what was the purpose, so I responded.

Latest posts