Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Watson is the real deal

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Watson is the real deal
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 pm
  • Made a few mistakes but WOW!! How many rookies hang 38 on the Legion of Boom at home. Thank goodness the Texans have no pass defense.
    Cc5674
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Watson is the real deal
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:09 pm
  • he was really impressive. How about that texans offense. wishbone formation? Im jelly
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:11 pm
  • Love that Houston offense, O'Brien is creative with his play calling and plays to Watsons strengths and they make sure they target their play makers. That's how you coach offense. Watson is the real deal, what a stud.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:13 pm
  • Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:15 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!

yeah that was a HUGE coaching mistake
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm
  • Props to O'Brien for owning the loss on his shoulders - that is also good coaching.

Oh yeah, Watson is a stud. Mind blowing good for a rookie, he will probably cost other NFL coaches/GMs their jobs for not drafting him.
    b8rtm8nn
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:25 pm
  • You mean like the Browns who have passed on Wentz and Watson and a few others.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:34 pm
  • IrishNW wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!

No it wasn't. One first down and it's game over. Passing, they would've stopped the clock on incompletions and given us more time.
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    IrishNW wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!

No it wasn't. One first down and it's game over. Passing, they would've stopped the clock on incompletions and given us more time.

one first down and the games over? no shit, thats why it was a mistake going conservative. if its incomplete who cares? If wilson gets the ball back hes scoring. hes done it his whole career.
    IrishNW
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm
  • Bears, Jets, 49ers, Jaguars, and Browns...

5 of the 11 teams that passed on Watson.

If you are a fan of any of those teams, you pretty much have to hate your management right now, right? You have to think they don't know what the hell they're doing.

I kept wondering... why isn't this guy a top 3 pick. He looked great in college -- cannon arm, mobility, character. What's wrong here? What am I missing? I said to my buddies, he should probably be the first pick, right? I must not understand football at all... because he looks great to me, like a QB that would be much better than Kaep... but the 49ers wanted no part of him. Confusing...Then the Bears pick someone I never even heard of at #2... He ain't terrible, but he ain't all that good either... his ceiling is what? Matt Hasselback? and that's if they get lucky. They passed on Watson for that crap.

I don't understand what they're looking at when it comes to QB's today.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 pm
  • Yeah it was a heck of a game. But at least it was a win. Very tough win but a win nonetheless!
    Black Friday!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:Bears, Jets, 49ers, Jaguars, and Browns...

If you are a fan of any of those teams, you pretty much have to hate your management right now, right? You have to think they don't know what the hell they're doing.

I kept wondering... why isn't this guy a top 3 pick. He looked great in college -- cannon arm, mobility, character. What's wrong here? What am I missing? I said to my buddies, he should probably be the first pick, right? I must not understand football at all... because he looks great to me, like a QB that would be much better than Kaep... but the 49ers wanted no part of him. Confusing...Then the Bears pick someone I never even heard of at #2... He ain't terrible, but he ain't all that good either... his ceiling is what? Matt Hasselback? and that's if they get lucky. They passed on Watson for that crap.

On that note, i am soooo glad the niners passed.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 pm
  • Hope he plays like that in 2 weeks, minus the picks.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:35 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:You mean like the Browns who have passed on Wentz and Watson and a few others.

Cleveland is "The Factory of Sadness" incompetence is expected and a tradition just like the Mariners. Except Cleveland was the best in the 1950-60's and damn good in the 1980's with Brian Sipe and Kozar for a second.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Tribinski's ceiling is far higher then Hasselbeck it's more like the current Alex Smith. Basically just as good as Watson will ever be with more upside. Also safer because he's straight traditional like Goff and Wentz. Dude is accurate like Smith and with actual weapons will make Erin's life hell very quickly.

Watson is similar to Wilson in certain ways in the fact he runs but he isn't really an off schedule type interestingly.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:47 pm
  • Composure, smarts and athletic ability..yeah, I was very impressed. Genuinely think the kid will be a top 5 QB over the years. I was fuming watching him pick apart our defense..noise, occasion didn’t faze him at all. Genuinely great to see..tbh I can only say this knowing we won!!
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm
  • Watson doesn't let the stage affect him much, that is a lot like Wilson as well, I did not see him panic or throw a fit over anything today.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:40 pm

As a Jags fan, no. I'm perfectly ok with not drafting him. I know the glitz is there right now but wait until next year to crown Watson. It's easy to get caught up in the frenzy but when a QB hits that 2nd year everyone has all the tape and it all comes back to Earth. I'm more than ecstatic with Fournette. The guy faces the most stacked boxes in the NFL and still dominates. Would still take him over Watson every day and twice on Sundays. Our team is built on strong defense and angry running.
    Gusbusser
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Maybe the RG3 debacle has soured Shanahan on all "mobile QBs".

I would have been fine with Watson, but do realize that the Watson that has dazzled this season would not look quite this good in SF or a few other teams. Are the Niners and Browns in a bad enough situation where you hamper a rookie QB?

Not sure.

Definitely hope the team drafts a franchise QB next season. Whatever amount of wins that translates to and how it will adversely affect the 2019 draft shouldn't be a consideration at this point, LOL.

Also I think whomever the 49ers target at FA, Shanahan should tweak the offense to the QB a bit. Maybe not quite to the extent he did for RG3, but some.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 pm
  • NFL
    Page Liked · 7 hrs ·

Deshaun Watson is the first QB in NFL history to record 400+ passing yards, 55+ rushing yards, and 4 passing TDs in a game! #HOUvsSEA
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:08 pm
  • I'd say the more impressive stat is actually the one that involved both of them.

There have been three instances in NFL history where a QB threw for 400+ yards, four TDs, and rushed for 25+ yards.

Now there are five...in four games. Lol.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:54 pm
  • How good are his receivers though? Honestly the performance by Hopkins was one of the best I've ever seen.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 am
  • High praise from Sherman, too. And Sherman's right.

Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:How good are his receivers though? Honestly the performance by Hopkins was one of the best I've ever seen.

I’ve been trying to tell people around here for a couple years, Hopkins is my #1 pick if I could bring a receiver in for Russ.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:How good are his receivers though? Honestly the performance by Hopkins was one of the best I've ever seen.

I’ve been trying to tell people around here for a couple years, Hopkins is my #1 pick if I could bring a receiver in for Russ.

I loved this guy in College. He really shined in Bowl games, and you could tell that he had "IT" big time.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:How good are his receivers though? Honestly the performance by Hopkins was one of the best I've ever seen.

DeAndre Hopkins is easily one of the best WRs in the league and Will Fuller is looking like one helluva #2.

If Hopkins were on a team like the Packers, Cowboys, or Patriots, he'd be one of the biggest superstars in the NFL. Now that he finally has a good QB, he probably will be sooner than later.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:26 am
  • I fell lucky to have seen him in person, kid is going to be unreal imo.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information