Antonio Brown to TB + TB (Tom Brady & Tampa Bay)

TraderGary

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2mxjkub5 said:
If we were debating whether we want this guy dating a relative? Sure. I could see the concern.

But we don't need him to be a good person, or even a sane one. We just need him to catch TDs.

If he does not catch them for us, there is a good chance he will catch them for someone else we have to play.

I could care less if he is a nice guy, just need him to be good at his job. It is very likely he is insane, if not in the grips of full-fledged CTE. So maybe he shouldn't play football at all. But if he does, I would rather it be for us than against us.

My only concern would be his impact on Metcalf. We really don't want him getting Metcalf in trouble. But the risk is worth the reward.

So as long as he's wearing a Seahawks uniform, it doesn't matter what kind of degenerate he is? Sorry, I just feel differently. If he was convicted of rape in a court of law, would you still want him on the team?

Of course that would not be possible because he would be in prison. But I think you understand my point.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TraderGary":2yw52vu8 said:
TwistedHusky":2yw52vu8 said:
If we were debating whether we want this guy dating a relative? Sure. I could see the concern.

But we don't need him to be a good person, or even a sane one. We just need him to catch TDs.

If he does not catch them for us, there is a good chance he will catch them for someone else we have to play.

I could care less if he is a nice guy, just need him to be good at his job. It is very likely he is insane, if not in the grips of full-fledged CTE. So maybe he shouldn't play football at all. But if he does, I would rather it be for us than against us.

My only concern would be his impact on Metcalf. We really don't want him getting Metcalf in trouble. But the risk is worth the reward.

So as long as he's wearing a Seahawks uniform, it doesn't matter what kind of degenerate he is? Sorry, I just feel differently. If he was convicted of r@p* in a court of law, would you still want him on the team?

Of course that would not be possible because he would be in prison. But I think you understand my point.
The good teams always try to improve.

Why do you think KC went after Le’veon Bell?

You need to stay adding talent cause football talent wins games.

Yes, there is a possibility this guy may not work and fit in but it’s always better to try and improve then not.

Yes, if another team gets him, you may possibly have to play against him.

I would much rather have him be on my team than my team go against him.

Imagine if the Niners/Rams/Cardinals sign him.

That would suck!

Fade

Reaction score
Tim Ruskell enters thread ---> "Choir Boys only"!!! :lol:

If they can win a SuperBowl with Harvin's dysfunctional ass, they can win one with AB.

Screw Tim Ruskell and his neophytes. DO IT. :twisted:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TraderGary":35co06fu said:
Ad Hawk":35co06fu said:
I love cheering on good players, especially when they're fantastic people, too.

Take Larry Fitzgerald, for instance. I don't know anyone who has ever said a bad thing about the guy, including Richard Sherman, who trash-talked everyone. He's been a phenomenal player and fantastic role-model. He's easy to root for.

But when good players make poor choices off the field, it certainly affects the way people see them on the field. There should be opportunities for guys who screw up (like Josh Gordon's situation) to make it right. However, there's only so much a team can do.

With A.B., I'd say a hard no based on his long history of messing teams over who have tried to invest in him and his future. Biting the hand that feeds you is idiocy.

Completely agree. Always been a big fan of his even though he plays for one of our division rivals. Class act all the way, on and off the field.

If the Seahawks don't make it to the SB, would love to see Larry get a ring before he hangs it up. Or maybe get traded to the Hawks and get a ring WITH the Hawks. Perfect scenario! :D

Doesn't he have a domestic violence issue in his past too?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Fade":ijoskwyg said:

If they can win a SuperBowl with Harvin's dysfunctional ass, they can win one with AB.

Percy did almost nothing for us. We certainly didn't need his TD runback in the SB, though it was fun to watch, as were his jet sweeps.

This isn't a choir-boy issue. In fact, AB is already about as opposite as one can find from the Tyler Lockett's of the world, so the discussion is about something completely different. To what degree would his bad behavior, that has been well documented at several teams already, be a detriment to the team and not worth even bringing his infection to the field/locker room?

I hope John Schneider takes an honest look, but also expect that the red flags are just too significant. If we don't sign him, we can assume that is the case. His on-field production speaks for itself, but so does his bad behavior that can ruin a team's goals very quickly.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2cv3eima said:
Let’s do it! Seattle has nothing to lose! Get AB and scare the living daylights out of the rest of the NFL!

The Seahawk organization has everything to lose!

I'm one of those who have lived longer than most of the posters on this board. Hence my experience of watching a plethora of misbehaving NFL players over the years has taught me that once a player has established a record as long as Anthony Brown's, they are unable to change their behavior. Bottom line...AB is crazier than shyt!!!

Mark my word....Seattle will regret bringing AB into our locker room!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Gary,

Obviously, most people hate rapists. Let us hope. No political stuff.

So your question is not relevant. He isn't facing rape charges but sexual assault and in a CIVIL court not a criminal one. Different crime, different burdens of proof. If he was a legit rapist with a string of victims (as Ben had), then yes, it would be difficult if not impossible for me to support him.

That is not the case, though he might be a dbag. The reality is that plenty of dbags have played in the NFL and we likely rooted for some of them even unknowingly. More likely there is a mental illness or CTE issue at play.

For me, the objectives in signing him are:

1 - Insurance.
We know we need to score regularly to even win games. If something happens to a starting WR, I am not confident Moore and Swain can pick up the slack. I think Gordon and AB will, even if one flames out.

2 - Blocking opponents.
We have several opponents who become much more dangerous with a great WR. Both GB and TB would be terrifying. SF or AZ would be much more dangerous. Don't even want to think about him becoming a Ram. Signing him takes him off the table for other teams we compete with.

3 - Getting better.
As good as we are, we witnessed what happens in a SB when the greatest offense in the league faced the greatest defense. It isn't good enough to have a great offense. You need a spectacular one. Because one of our possible opponents has one of the best defenses in the league (TB).

If this team wants any playoff success, it needs to have an offense is that much better than its defense is terrible. Right now we are an offense narrowly better than the defense is bad. Not good enough as the opponents get better.

Fade

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3nfx2ftf said:
Fade":3nfx2ftf said:

Percy did almost nothing for us. We certainly didn't need his TD runback in the SB, though it was fun to watch, as were his jet sweeps.

This isn't a choir-boy issue. In fact, AB is already about as opposite as one can find from the Tyler Lockett's of the world, so the discussion is about something completely different. To what degree would his bad behavior, that has been well documented at several teams already, be a detriment to the team and not worth even bringing his infection to the field/locker room?

I hope John Schneider takes an honest look, but also expect that the red flags are just too significant. If we don't sign him, we can assume that is the case. His on-field production speaks for itself, but so does his bad behavior that can ruin a team's goals very quickly.

Explain to me in detail how AB being on the team destroys the bond he has with Lockett, Metcalf, and anyone else on the team? And if AB does something so dumb, they can't cut him on the spot, and the team is in tatters the rest of the season from it and cannot recover? The risk is very low, the reward is extremely high.

It's okay to have 1 knucklehead on the team. You just can't have 2, because then he will have someone to talk to.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Fade":1bma8de4 said:
Explain to me in detail how AB being on the team destroys the bond he has with Lockett, Metcalf, and anyone else on the team? And if AB does something so dumb, they can't cut him on the spot, and the team is in tatters the rest of the season from it and cannot recover? The risk is very low, the reward is extremely high.

It's okay to have 1 knucklehead on the team. You just can't have 2, because then he will have someone to talk to.

I spit beer all over my computer screen when I read this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It reminded me of a hockey analogy when long time NHL coach Jacques Demers was asked what the key to coaching longitivity was & he replied "you have to keep the 6 players that hate you from talking to the 6 that are undecided".

niveky

Reaction score
i understand that, aside from the fallout of a play call designed to give the patriots the game clinching INT to block the second Seahawk superbowl in a row, Pete is usually able to manage many different personalities pretty successfully but I really don't see the value of bringing Brown in outweighing the risks that will come with him.

I feel like Lockett and Metcalf(even if not fully there yet)are basically as good as about any #1 and #2 reciever in the league. Moore is a solid guy who has mostly been clutch in high pressure situations(the drop in the playoff loss last year a glaringly huge disparity in the face of that). They are working Swain in and getting him some experience.

There are questions going forward, so I understand kicking over the stones they feel they need to.

Dorsett hopefully back by week 8...but not sure what we will get and how long it will take him to meaningfully produce.

Gordon hopefully removed from the list and available for week 8. I really want to pull for him and he was nothing but clutch for them in every opportunity(even though they were few) he got. I am in the same mindset i was with him last year. If we get anything out of him it will be cool....really sad that he works so hard just to not keep it together. He could have been as dominant as any of the other big name recievers and probably still have been in Cleveland now or at least on another team dominating and making his cheddar....I'm not holding my breath on him being able to suit up every week after he gets the go ahead to play. I feel like if he hadn't been suspended he would have been the piece to put them over the top by just enough in that loss in the playoffs.

If they sign Brown..yeah his talent is undeniable..but he could still face charges from his legal situation. dude has issues...major issues or we wouldn't even be to this point where he is before we are looking at him possibly being added here. He hasn't even played football in a game situation in, what, like a year and a half?

If Wilson and Smith could have enough of an influence on him.....maybe he has turned himself around, but again, not holding my breath...

I just don't know how adding an extra question mark along with the other ones with the receiving core adds up to a solution. That is without even adding the money he will want and the opportunities he will take from their proven playmakers.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seattle fans are the only fans in the world where this many would be more concerned with harmony, unity, good vibes etc rather than just putting ultra talented football players on the field.

Our competitors likely all want him. Their fans arent concerned about it disrupting the annual lockeroom chili cookoff.

Get great football players on the team. If the team hates him, cut him. Thats how this works.

Cmon fellow Seattle-ites, Grow a pair :)

evergreen

Reaction score
Instead why didn’t John get Nagouche or the guy we could’ve had dirt cheap? Antonio was awesome and is probably not a nice person. But we’re not having a dinner party. I wouldn’t want to screw up DK. But is the fame DK is getting hurting Locket? He was Russ’s main man but now it’s DK. What if AB comes in and it’s jealousy city?

Boohman14

Reaction score
The Patriots couldn't get him to buy in. They're usually pretty good and melding talented head cases. I love our current receiver corps, I think we're pretty set. Swain and Moore are contributing as well. It not an area of need IMO.
Get help on Defense if anything.

TraderGary

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1twv9mus said:
TraderGary":1twv9mus said:
TwistedHusky":1twv9mus said:

So as long as he's wearing a Seahawks uniform, it doesn't matter what kind of degenerate he is? Sorry, I just feel differently. If he was convicted of r@p* in a court of law, would you still want him on the team?

The good teams always try to improve.

Why do you think KC went after Le’veon Bell?

You need to stay adding talent cause football talent wins games.

Yes, there is a possibility this guy may not work and fit in but it’s always better to try and improve then not.

Yes, if another team gets him, you may possibly have to play against him.

I would much rather have him be on my team than my team go against him.

Imagine if the Niners/Rams/Cardinals sign him.

That would suck!

Yes, the good teams should and do look for ways to improve during the season.

Wouldn't put Le'veon Bell in the same category as AB in regard to a potential locker room cancer. Bell may be a malcontent, but he's not a complete psycho like AB . And who wouldn't be a malcontent when you're in an organization like the Jets?

All for adding talent in the right situation. But who says he's still an elite level receiver when he hasn't played a down in a year and a half? (Edit to add: except for the one game when he was with the Pats). At some point, they have to reinstate Gordon. I would MUCH rather add him than AB, and Gordon doesn't carry near the baggage that AB does.

Trying to improve is one thing. As I said, I'm all for that in the right situation. But adding someone like AB who I would put the chances at 50/50 of disrupting the locker room and causing more harm than good is not worth the risk in my opinion. And what if he gets in the ear of DK?

I would hate to have to play against him, but whoever picks him up runs the same risks as we would in that he could potentially single-handedly destroy their locker room. Let him be someone else's headache and if he does disrupt their chemistry, all the better for us.

I want the Hawks to improve any way they can. But not at the expense of destroying team chemistry. Of course there's no way of knowing if that would happen, but not worth the risk IMO. The guy is a cancer. I'm not a Patriots fan, but you can't deny that they're a great organization. If they felt the need to release him after one week on a team that was in desperate need of receivers, that speaks volumes to me.

Fade

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2ln8p2v9 said:
I spit beer all over my computer screen when I read this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It reminded me of a hockey analogy when long time NHL coach Jacques Demers was asked what the key to coaching longitivity was & he replied "you have to keep the 6 players that hate you from talking to the 6 that are undecided".
:irishdrinkers:

TraderGary

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":r0il5vsy said:
Gary,

Obviously, most people hate rapists. Let us hope. No political stuff.

So your question is not relevant. He isn't facing r@p* charges but sexual assault and in a CIVIL court not a criminal one. Different crime, different burdens of proof. If he was a legit rapist with a string of victims (as Ben had), then yes, it would be difficult if not impossible for me to support him.

That is not the case, though he might be a dbag. The reality is that plenty of dbags have played in the NFL and we likely rooted for some of them even unknowingly. More likely there is a mental illness or CTE issue at play.

For me, the objectives in signing him are:

1 - Insurance.
We know we need to score regularly to even win games. If something happens to a starting WR, I am not confident Moore and Swain can pick up the slack. I think Gordon and AB will, even if one flames out.

2 - Blocking opponents.
We have several opponents who become much more dangerous with a great WR. Both GB and TB would be terrifying. SF or AZ would be much more dangerous. Don't even want to think about him becoming a Ram. Signing him takes him off the table for other teams we compete with.

3 - Getting better.
As good as we are, we witnessed what happens in a SB when the greatest offense in the league faced the greatest defense. It isn't good enough to have a great offense. You need a spectacular one. Because one of our possible opponents has one of the best defenses in the league (TB).

If this team wants any playoff success, it needs to have an offense is that much better than its defense is terrible. Right now we are an offense narrowly better than the defense is bad. Not good enough as the opponents get better.

Twisted, I respect your post and I think you make some good points.

First, I apologize for the "rape" comment. I thought there was a rape allegation, but apparently it was sexual assault. My bad. Not that sexual assault is acceptable of course.

Yes I have no doubt we have rooted for dirtbags, and probably do every week. But I think AB takes the term to new levels. Mental illness or CTE? Yeah I think that's a real possibility. Doesn't change my feeling about not wanting him on the team though.

1. I think there's a good chance Gordon will be a part of the team at some point during the season. That's not bad insurance, and carries a whole lot less risk than AB. How that idiot Goodell has not made a decision on Gordon, but is ok with someone like AB playing is criminal.

2. Yes that possibility does scare me. But whoever picks him up is still running the risk of it backfiring on them. It's a big risk, and one that I don't think we need to take. And who says AB is still elite after being out of the game so long except for the one game with NE?

3. DK, Lockett, and Gordon, at receiver. Carson and Penny at RB. Olsen and Dissly at TE. A much improved OL. And a future HOF QB in Wilson pulling the trigger. I think the potential to be great is already there.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":2umrr0ij said:

Yeah I expected that "choir boys" comment after my earlier post. :lol: And yes I remember the Tim Ruskell years well, and not fondly. Was not the point I was trying to make at all but it's ok.

I'm a firm believer in accountability and personal integrity, and I'll leave it at that. Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age. ;)

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]sg1jvRwK8u4[/youtube]
Keyshawn breaks it down very well.

Searching around the internet for hot takes it seems like most of the former players are for it. And most of the mediots who never played are against it. I wonder who I should trust? :shock:

The moment AB went cRaZy: For those interested -->
[youtube]o8iFSP_S5h8[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I was starting to come around to signing him but the dyeing the mustache blonde is a deal killer.
Absolutely unacceptable!!!! He shouldn’t be let back into the league for that reason alone. :sarcasm_off:

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2v86e3g1 said:
[youtube]sg1jvRwK8u4[/youtube]
Keyshawn breaks it down very well.

Searching around the internet for hot takes it seems like most of the former players are for it. And most of the mediots who never played are against it. I wonder who I should trust? :shock:

The moment AB went cRaZy: For those interested -->
[youtube]o8iFSP_S5h8[/youtube]

Keyshawn has some really good points listening to him he had me convinced...the only thing that makes me think they shouldn't sign him is, " if it ain't broke don't fix it." that locker room chemistry is the reason they are 5-0 IMO...everything keyshawn said is true but i just wouldn't mess with what's so good... they are really deep at WR... Dorsett is coming back hopefully and i think guys like Swain need to get some reps so they develop for the playoffs...They really dont need him to be successful ...

Could AB help? Very much... Is it worth the risk? I guess we will find out.

Im sure Carroll wouldn't do it unless he felt comfortable with the circumstances...The truth is if any coach could deal with AB its Carroll...

LTH

Latest posts