Ask an Eagles fan

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ayotgp7x said:
I think Boston Scott is a secret weapon that's going to torch our defense.

Btw, our defense is terrible. They can't stop anything. And Kendricks going down really hurts. Cody Barton is not ready to play.
We let Drake kill us a couple weeks ago, and we basically let any 49er running back run wild last week.

My question: Will the Eagles lean on Boston Scott? If so, what do you see his numbers being?

I'm probably in the minority in thinking losing kendricks will be ok, maybe even a good thing if Barton comes along, seemed to me that other than maybe the first half of the season, we haven't heard much from him unless he's getting burned. He's a good blitzer, but griffen has proven to be more of a problem.

I think losing kendricks and adding diggs makes us a completely different - good - defense.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
DEagle7 - welcome to our forum, may the better team on the day win, with NO awful referee controversies. Simply great to read perfectly civilised conversation with fans of opposing teams. Without opponents... not much of a competition! :D

Game will be Monday morning here in Australia. Too early for a beer.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1dh01siw said:
I'm not so fortunate...but for Hawks fans with tickets, how are opposing fans in gear treated?

Well considering they went after our players a few years ago and we had one go into the stands I would say not good.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1mmc74a7 said:

I was there for 15 years, they always had respect, but in turn they expected respect like wise. They arn't the little twits on the west coast who would antagonize you just for wearing opponent gear.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No questions..
I like your"Ask a fan format"..Your answers are very good.
Wish we had more posters here like yourself.
Feel free to visit more as we have an NFL section as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2eb68qmr said:
SantaClaraHawk":2eb68qmr said:

Well considering they went after our players a few years ago and we had one go into the stands I would say not good.

That was in Jacksonville

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3rmmi1tp said:
chris98251":3rmmi1tp said:
SantaClaraHawk":3rmmi1tp said:

That was in Jacksonville

No it was in Philly, they were pelting players with Snowballs and when we finished the game they dumped beer or liquid on the players and through some in their face as they went to the Tunnel, why the popcorn issue with the 49ers was laughable.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If Seahawks don't win this game I'll be officially calling for the fire of Pete Carroll. Philly isn't good this year this should be an easy win.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2h7u0et7 said:
Jerhawk":2h7u0et7 said:
chris98251":2h7u0et7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2h7u0et7 said:

That was in Jacksonville

No it was in Philly, they were pelting players with Snowballs and when we finished the game they dumped beer or liquid on the players and through some in their face as they went to the Tunnel, why the popcorn issue with the 49ers was laughable.

Dang my bad. What year was this? That's awful
I started watching the Hawks in '98

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1449vd1p said:

I'm right down I95 in Delaware and I've been to a few games over the years and always wore a jersey. The Philly fans are usually pretty cool and will go back and forth with you in a fun kinda way, but don't try hanging a banner. I did that back when Warren Moon was the qb. I made a banner that said "Philly, you've just been MOONed on FOX " and as soon as I got to the railing after the first td to tie it on, all kinds of trash and beer and soda came flying over my shoulder into the endzone. It was hysterical. Good luck !

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
DEagle7":1j5awzsi said:
Hello from Philadelphia. Good luck this weekend. Probably the 2 most beat up teams in the NFL right now but with Wilson and Wentz going at full strength hopefully it'll still be a good game. I'm bored and off this whole week so figured I'd start an "ask an Eagles" fan post if you guys had any questions or trash talk.

Injury wise it sounds as if Sanders and hopefully Lane Johnson will be back for the game. Lane in particular is huge because we recently lost Brooks over on that right side as well. Ertz is listed as a game time decision but with a lacerated kidney that seems really really unlikely. Goedert is as good of a TE2 as any in the league (and better than a lot of TE1s) but still missing Ertz is huge. Our WRs are still literal garbage. If we manage to beat you guys Desean Jackson comes back which would be a big boost but this week it'll be Arcega-Whiteside, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis and Greg Ward...dream big. One thing to remember about Ward is he was a college QB so I wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery with him at some point.

It's a little ridiculous we have home field advantage but I'll take it. Eagles D is much better at home than away this year (3.8 rushing yards per attempt and 6.4 passing yards per attempt at home vs 4.3 and 8.0 away). Our secondary has been hit hard by injuries in the beginning of the year but have stepped it up big the past few weeks. They're still getting beat on deep routes though even during this winning streak. Terry McLaurin abused us and we definitely got lucky on a few missed deep balls by Manning Jones and Prescott. Jim Schwartz usually lives and dies by the blitz but I'm not so sure if that's the best strategy with Wilson so we'll see what he does there. Eagles DL is still very deep and has been great at outlasting OLs with big 4th quarters.

Well anyway, I'm rambling at this point. As I said happy to answer any questions.

Hey, man, I'm right down I95 from you in Delaware. Lately the Hawks have done well in Philly, but it looks like its shaping up to be a really good game. The Walking Dead Bowl, maybe, but good anyway. Good luck !

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
My so family has a beach house in Rehoboth. So are most locals there Philly fans?

I’ve only been in summer but Redskins gear predominated with Ravens a distant second

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
Jerhawk":12s2w7ij said:
I think Boston Scott is a secret weapon that's going to torch our defense.

Btw, our defense is terrible. They can't stop anything. And Kendricks going down really hurts. Cody Barton is not ready to play.
We let Drake kill us a couple weeks ago, and we basically let any 49er running back run wild last week.

My question: Will the Eagles lean on Boston Scott? If so, what do you see his numbers being?

We are a run heavy offense so someone will be pounding the ball in all likelihood. Sanders is very likely to return though so if I had to guess if he returns even close to 100% he's going to get the majority of touches. I would guess Sanders will have somewhere around 15-20 rushes with 4-7 receptions. Scott 5-12 rushes with around 4-7 receptions. I do worry that missing Brandon Brooks will hurt their efficiency a bit but still given their performances this year I would guess YPC around 4 for Scott and 5 for Sanders (this is assuming Sanders is actually healthy).

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":ha2ymvs0 said:
DEagle7 - welcome to our forum, may the better team on the day win, with NO awful referee controversies. Simply great to read perfectly civilised conversation with fans of opposing teams. Without opponents... not much of a competition! :D

Too early for a beer? Amateur. :141847_bnono: (kidding of course)

Agreed, would love a good game not decided by refs or injuries. May the best team win.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2hq4f4wr said:

Eagles fans are a crazy bunch. In general though as long as you can roll with the punches a bit and aren't being obnoxious the worst you'll get is some boos and trash talk...in general. The parking lot is WAY worse than the stadium.

For example from my own personal experience in 2017 playoffs we hosted the Falcons. It was a tight game but no real issues happened in the stands. Falcons fans didn't really have much of an issue. In the superbowl parade after the win vs NE there were a big group of Saints fans for no good reason who just decided to join in and have fun and there were no issues there. The Vikings however decided to "take over the town" in the days leading up the NFC championship game. They went around town and threw jerseys on monuments/statues. They did chants on the art museum steps. In the parking lot and in the stands they were constantly talking as if they were a shoe in and this was just a technicality (guy right next to me was particularly obnoxious). Well that didn't go to well for them...

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":14pgs2e4 said:
My so family has a beach house in Rehoboth. So are most locals there Philly fans?

I’ve only been in summer but Redskins gear predominated with Ravens a distant second

Yeah northern DE is mostly Philadelphia. Southern is mostly Washington (with a few Ravens). There are enough people with beach houses down there that you see some Eagles gear but not with the locals. Seems silly for a such a small state but that's just how it is for some reason.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
DeSeahawk":21l0809x said:
DEagle7":21l0809x said:
Hello from Philadelphia. Good luck this weekend. Probably the 2 most beat up teams in the NFL right now but with Wilson and Wentz going at full strength hopefully it'll still be a good game. I'm bored and off this whole week so figured I'd start an "ask an Eagles" fan post if you guys had any questions or trash talk.

Injury wise it sounds as if Sanders and hopefully Lane Johnson will be back for the game. Lane in particular is huge because we recently lost Brooks over on that right side as well. Ertz is listed as a game time decision but with a lacerated kidney that seems really really unlikely. Goedert is as good of a TE2 as any in the league (and better than a lot of TE1s) but still missing Ertz is huge. Our WRs are still literal garbage. If we manage to beat you guys Desean Jackson comes back which would be a big boost but this week it'll be Arcega-Whiteside, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis and Greg Ward...dream big. One thing to remember about Ward is he was a college QB so I wouldn't be surprised to see some trickery with him at some point.

It's a little ridiculous we have home field advantage but I'll take it. Eagles D is much better at home than away this year (3.8 rushing yards per attempt and 6.4 passing yards per attempt at home vs 4.3 and 8.0 away). Our secondary has been hit hard by injuries in the beginning of the year but have stepped it up big the past few weeks. They're still getting beat on deep routes though even during this winning streak. Terry McLaurin abused us and we definitely got lucky on a few missed deep balls by Manning Jones and Prescott. Jim Schwartz usually lives and dies by the blitz but I'm not so sure if that's the best strategy with Wilson so we'll see what he does there. Eagles DL is still very deep and has been great at outlasting OLs with big 4th quarters.

Well anyway, I'm rambling at this point. As I said happy to answer any questions.

Hey, man, I'm right down I95 from you in Delaware. Lately the Hawks have done well in Philly, but it looks like its shaping up to be a really good game. The Walking Dead Bowl, maybe, but good anyway. Good luck !

Spent plenty of time in DE. If you're in WIlmington check out Gaudiello's. Best game day hoagies in the area.

Good luck to you too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":1dl3d3vo said:

It’s never too early for a beer. Show no weakness.