Ask an Eagles fan

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
DEagle7":2oqkmh5c said:
Seahawkfan80":2oqkmh5c said:
Winning 5 games at home and 4 away, does it concern you or possibly the team that we have won more away games than we have home games?

Games for Philadelphia...

5-3 home SEA 4-4
4-4 away 7-1
5-1 Division 3-3
7-5 Conference 8-4

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

Eh not in and of itself. I'd still much rather face you on our turf than your own. But overall I think it shows the Hawks are disciplined and tough team that they can do damage in other team's house. I don't have the numbers off hand but even outside this year I seem to remember Wilson whooping up on us pretty regularly when we've met.

Thank you. May it be a great game with no more injuries.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Can you win the game or not? Do you like your chances at home vs the Seahawks or don't you think you can win?

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
sutz":25fvaifc said:
DEagle7":25fvaifc said:
SoulfishHawk":25fvaifc said:
The stat I heard today on Wentz that is pretty damn impressive: He has thrown for over 4,000 yards, and not ONE of his receivers has more than 500 yards. Dayum

Ertz had over 900. But yeah it's pretty insane. Fans are basically clamoring for a first round impact WR to give him. Hell I'm even excited to see what he and DeSean Jackson can do together.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that stat was for no WRs with over 500, which is still pretty remarkable. QBs almost always have their fave WR they go to when games are on the line.

Yup. That was Alshon for awhile but injuries really slowed him down this year even before the injury. Now I guess it's Greg Ward. Guy has surprised a lot of people but still, less than ideal.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3rehjcxl said:
Can you win the game or not? Do you like your chances at home vs the Seahawks or don't you think you can win?

I think the Seahawks right now are the better team. Our RG, RT, TE1, RB2 (and maybe RB1?), WR1, WR2, WR3, CB1, DT2, and several others are all out. Wentz is great. Pederson is great. But this team is talent depleted. Wilson is a matchup nightmare for our blitz heavy defense too (and just defenses in general I guess). We're susceptible to speedy deep threats and Metcalf fits that bill.

Now CAN we win? Yup. Despite all its flaws, since Schwartz took over the defense in 2016 no team has allowed fewer PPG at home. Goedert was our TE2 but he's an athletic freak capable of being a #1 target and Sanders/Scott are a very dangerous RB combo. Wentz has proven he can make magic with scrubs. Jernigan/Graham/Cox are all fantastic run defenders and that is a big aspect of the Seahawk's offense.

So no I don't like our chances, but I do think it could be a tight battle that we are capable of winning.

minormillikin

Reaction score
DEagle7":g0b79esj said:
Rittenhouse and Society Hill area are the nicest parts of town in center city. Rittenhouse is closer to the Schuykill river, art museum, park, zoo and is busier with a bit more in the way of nice restaurants. Society Hill is right next to Old City which is where the Liberty Bell/Independence plaza is. Some cool beer gardens around there if you go at the right time of year and even a Winter beer garden on the Delaware river. Old City can get touristy ...

Thanks a lot for all the info.
:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
minormillikin":3bwyka7f said:
DEagle7":3bwyka7f said:
Rittenhouse and Society Hill area are the nicest parts of town in center city. Rittenhouse is closer to the Schuykill river, art museum, park, zoo and is busier with a bit more in the way of nice restaurants. Society Hill is right next to Old City which is where the Liberty Bell/Independence plaza is. Some cool beer gardens around there if you go at the right time of year and even a Winter beer garden on the Delaware river. Old City can get touristy ...

Thanks a lot for all the info.
:irishdrinkers:

Of course, enjoy the town. Do your research on the food once you settle on a location. There are some absolutely incredible restaurants downtown. Don't waste your time on cheesesteaks.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
DEagle7":1k9eaws4 said:
SanDiego49er":1k9eaws4 said:

I think the Seahawks right now are the better team. Our RG, RT, TE1, RB2 (and maybe RB1?), WR1, WR2, WR3, CB1, DT2, and several others are all out. Wentz is great. Pederson is great. But this team is talent depleted. Wilson is a matchup nightmare for our blitz heavy defense too (and just defenses in general I guess). We're susceptible to speedy deep threats and Metcalf fits that bill.

Now CAN we win? Yup. Despite all its flaws, since Schwartz took over the defense in 2016 no team has allowed fewer PPG at home. Goedert was our TE2 but he's an athletic freak capable of being a #1 target and Sanders/Scott are a very dangerous RB combo. Wentz has proven he can make magic with scrubs. Jernigan/Graham/Cox are all fantastic run defenders and that is a big aspect of the Seahawk's offense.

So no I don't like our chances, but I do think it could be a tight battle that we are capable of winning.

Wow that's pretty beat up. You are like as beat up as the Seahawks. That's a lot of injuries. I didn't know it was that bad. It's tough to win like that.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

Anyway, nice job. I've enjoyed reading all your posts.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2hcayhdi said:
Hey @Deagle7, you have a really clear and clearheaded way of explaining things. I'm enjoying your writing a lot; in fact the quality is like that of a professional. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's what you do for a living, either FT or as gig work.

Thanks man. Writing isn't my job, but it's definitely something I enjoy. Side effect of growing up with an english teacher for a mother I guess.

Plus it's a good way to kill time til game day finally gets here.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Another question:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... on-agholor

How is Pederson's "coach-speak" to be deciphered here?

Here's an example of what I mean. With the 9ers, if a guy DNP for three days, or goes DNP again after a day of LP, he usually gets a "doubtful" tag. The Arizona Cardinals media pressed him on if he meant "out." He admitted it, then tried to take it back. But most media, most fans who listen to Shan know exactly what he's saying, even though he won't say it.

So with the Eagles, what's Pederson not saying that is obvious to Eagles fans/Philly locals/Philly media? Is he really intending on playing Ertz and Lane? Or is this strictly a gamesmanship move?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2bfbrks2 said:

:ditto: This guy is awesome. Thank you @Deagle7 for providing some excellent knowledge and thoughtful insight from the Eagles perspective.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3hq6s67r said:
Another question:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... on-agholor

How is Pederson's "coach-speak" to be deciphered here?

Here's an example of what I mean. With the 9ers, if a guy DNP for three days, or goes DNP again after a day of LP, he usually gets a "doubtful" tag. The Arizona Cardinals media pressed him on if he meant "out." He admitted it, then tried to take it back. But most media, most fans who listen to Shan know exactly what he's saying, even though he won't say it.

So with the Eagles, what's Pederson not saying that is obvious to Eagles fans/Philly locals/Philly media? Is he really intending on playing Ertz and Lane? Or is this strictly a gamesmanship move?

Doug plays things pretty close to the chest but he's not exactly Belichick either.

Sanders we pretty much always knew was a go. He has been resting a sprain but it wasn't supposed to be severe.

Johnson is interesting. He's a tough tough guy who taped up an ankle sprain last year. He's also about to hit the 4 week mark of an injury expected to require 4-6 weeks. Most fans expected him to force it back for this game. So to me, the fact that Pederson is so pessimistic sounding makes me think Lane is more and more of a long-shot.

Ertz is almost the opposite and definitely the most mysterious. With a lacerated kidney and a broken rib it seemed like there was zero chance he'd be on the field. But every report now is suggesting that he's getting closer to being cleared. At first it seemed like a ploy to make sure you guys had to scheme for him this week but I'm starting to believe it's real.
If his kidney was truly lacerated that is a HUGE risk. So was it just a kidney bruise? Is he really risking his health for the playoffs? Will he be activated just as a decoy on the field? That I don't think anyone outside the staff can answer. I get why Doug is playing coy.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3ad6tsc3 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3ad6tsc3 said:

:ditto: This guy is awesome. Thank you @Deagle7 for providing some excellent knowledge and thoughtful insight from the Eagles perspective.

My pleasure! I love talking football.

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
DEagle7":119ac1cu said:
Good game last night. So much for an injury-free match but I guess with these 2 teams it was inevitable. You got a star in the making with Metcalf. Good luck going forward.

GG, cheers :irishdrinkers:

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Ask an Eagles fan and Carson Wentz if they feel robbed? They were robbed of a chance with a cheap shot to our franchise QB. Wentz was robbed off his first playoff game. Wentz could have been hurt much worse from that cheap shot (vertebrae). Clowney is a flipping jerk!!!!!

sutz

Reaction score
DEagle7":1yt4ev9e said:
Came in classy, stayed that way. Thanks for your pre-game insights and comments. Good luck next year!

OP
OP
D

DEagle7

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3rj8n7n1 said:
Ask an Eagles fan and Carson Wentz if they feel robbed? They were robbed of a chance with a cheap shot to our franchise QB. Wentz was robbed off his first playoff game. Wentz could have been hurt much worse from that cheap shot (vertebrae). Clowney is a flipping jerk!!!!!

C'mon man there's no use playing the "what if" game. Yeah it's frustrating to go out like that and yes it should have been a flag but it's the NFL, things happen. There's no use coming in here and complaining about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on, why is it that every time the Hawks win a game, it's always because of everything BUT their own performance? It sucked seeing Wentz go out, but the backup actually played better. And Clowney didn't hurt the guy on purpose, it's football. :?

Major props to the Eagles and their coaching staff. They have done an incredible job this year. Especially with what they had to work with.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
ClippedBird":cojttpzy said:

Wentz was fighting for extra yards, every defender in the league tries to make that tackle. Should have been flagged sure, but piling on Clowney is borderline retarded. Honestly McCown gave the Eagles a legitimate shot at winning, as Wentz looked like a dear in headlights out there.