Dear 49er Fans

Marvin49

Reaction score
acer1240":sn97jjkj said:
Marvin is one of the good ones. You guys know that, right?

Thnx.

Nah, Maul is messing with me. It's all good natured. The other guy...yeah, don't care. Not worth my time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't forget Marvin, when the Hawks host the Niners in December, we can lift a pint and call each other poopy heads. It'll be intense :irishdrinkers:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":20h90odh said:
acer1240":20h90odh said:

Thnx.

Nah, Maul is messing with me. It's all good natured. The other guy...yeah, don't care. Not worth my time.

Yeah, sorry, was just poking the bear a bit. I think Marv knows I respect his football knowledge. He may get a bit spinny, but that's the nature of fandom. I'd rather have 20 Marvins here than one Washington49er.

I also think any fan should expect some razzing on an opposing board after a game like Monday. That just comes with the territory.

Chawker

Reaction score
We been on here together for seven years Marvin and after one little loss (all be it you guys where undefeated and riding a little too high in the saddle, on monday night, in front of a national audience) you put me down as your foe.

I'm shocked and deeply hurt over this Marvin! Losing a friend thats a 49er fan, is like.... :229031_confused2: you've got to make me your friend again, so I can make you feel bad about your suckee team.

I bet you are working on your excuses for week 16, how you guys lost twice to the Mighty Seahawks. :common039:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":196nwoyp said:
Marvin49":196nwoyp said:
acer1240":196nwoyp said:

Thnx.

Yeah, sorry, was just poking the bear a bit. I think Marv knows I respect his football knowledge. He may get a bit spinny, but that's the nature of fandom. I'd rather have 20 Marvins here than one Washington49er.

I also think any fan should expect some razzing on an opposing board after a game like Monday. That just comes with the territory.

No worries. That's how I took it. :D

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":34stoszh said:
I don't watch a lot of wildlife shows but when in the woods can tell the difference between Deer dung and Bear Dung, experience tells me to follow the deer dung when Hunting.

Depends...if you are hunting deer or bear or elk. May want to wear depends then too. :twisted:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Washington49er":11enxn6p said:
Marvin49":11enxn6p said:
SoulfishHawk":11enxn6p said:
I trust that Shanahan would have Mullins play IF he was better. Jimmy G is proving to be an average QB who can't handle pressure. At least so far. Game was on the line and he looked scared. He basically threw TWO game ending picks that got dropped by KJ and Wags. The KJ one was about as easy as it gets. Shoot, my friends who went to the game said that the Niners fans said "how is this game not over, he threw it right to him?"

No defending Jimmy on those throws other than to say two vet LBs were reading his signals. Despite that, he still can't make those throws.

What I'd say tho is that Seattle was the outlier. He's been good under pressure all year and he's been great on 3rd down all year. He's been pretty damn good all year.

He looked very different down Kittle and Sanders.

Heres a weird stat:

The Seahawks were not the only team to stack the box and force him to throw. I games 1-8, when facing an 8 man box, he had a QB rating of 150.2.

Against Seattle? 64.1

So what the difference? Bright lights? Pressure? No Kittle or Sanders? Dunno.

I think a lot of Seahawks fans woke up Tuesday morning thinking this is what Jimmy has looked like all year. Its not.

Read my post in main forum about paying Clowney.

I get we are 49er fans. But is it really that hard to admit that circumstances can create misleading results.

Wasn't that long ago Seattle's Oline was a revolving door, RW managed to deal with it as best he could but it still effected his overall performance.

I will go dig them up if I have to, but there were a lot 12s on here talking about how the Hawks Oline were making crap defenses look stellar.

People saying we are making excuses for Jimmy and the 9ers in general, what a joke. They're all acting like they suddenly have the #1 D in the league 1 week after questioning their D and in particular Clowney.

I thought they were the road cones, and they dont rotate. They do a bit more than revolving doors tho. You have to go around them...which gives RW about .00002 more seconds to react. :twisted: :twisted:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Damn... what's the world coming to when the 49er fans are the voices of reason 2 out of 3 times on this thread? (Just my opinion) Calmly ignoring the bait and sticking to accurate and honest football discussion more often than not.

I confess that I harbored notions that Mullins > JimmyG before this thread. Based on information here, I now believe that to be false, that their records say what they are, just as Russell Wilson's record does. Mullins, 3W, 5L. JimmyG, 16W, 2L (or whatever, along those lines). Mullins balled out against us last season, but the Hawk D for some reason consistently makes backup QBs look like All-Pros, year after year. So there's that.

Seattle put pressure on JimmyG in ways other teams had not been able to. Seattle stopped the Niners running game in ways other teams had not been able to. Seattle ran the single-high safety look due to finally having Quandre Diggs. That was new, a little unexpected for this game, and the Niners coaches didn't have enough data to place their bets and game plan for that. Shaquem even contributed to the pass rush. Who anticipated that? Ok, a few posters did. We'd mostly just given up on Pete ever doing something like that.

For the rematch in Seattle, the Niner plan to exploit our D will be different, and will anticipate the things that worked in week 10, and have countermeasures ready. Pete & Norton will need to have some new "surprises" by then.

On offense, the Niner defense played us pretty tough. I see that part going in a similar way in the rematch. I just hope we don't gift them all the fumbles/turnovers in that one. We'll need to score 24 or more to win, and maybe 30.

Before the rematch, I see only 2 more losses for SF. At Ravens, at Saints are the only ones that look like > 50% loss probability. Packers maybe, but I don't see a home loss. Falcons could surprise, but on the road I expect to fall short. I expect to see a 12-3 Niners team coming to Seattle. Seattle could conceivably go 1-4, but I believe will go 3-2 before that game. So 12-3 Niners, vs 11-4 Seahawks, last game of the season, at Clink, for all the marbles, division title, and potentially HFA? Does it get any better than that? (Seahawks stumble games, just a hunch, could be Minn and @Carolina.)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawker":3z5khm8z said:
We been on here together for seven years Marvin and after one little loss (all be it you guys where undefeated and riding a little too high in the saddle, on monday night, in front of a national audience) you put me down as your foe.

I'm shocked and deeply hurt over this Marvin! Losing a friend thats a 49er fan, is like.... :229031_confused2: you've got to make me your friend again, so I can make you feel bad about your suckee team.

I bet you are working on your excuses for week 16, how you guys lost twice to the Mighty Seahawks. :common039:
He’s a snowflake. Good luck with him. His ego is “all in” for Crapollo.
Marvin rule #1: All interceptions are NEVER, EVER Jimmy’s fault.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I really don't get all the hate for Jimmy G. He's had so few starts, it's hard to get a bead on how he will ultimately turn out.

I think both QBs played better than their stat lines suggest. That's what elite Ds to to QBs. Look what Baltimore did to Wilson's stat line.

We are used to watching the 2019-2020 league MVP week in and week out. Did JG struggle against us, like RW did against Baltimore? Yes. Was he near the Wilson/ Mahomes/ Watson/ Jackson level? No. Will he ever get there? Probably not, but he doesn't need to be there. His ceiling is probably Matt Ryan, which is enough to make some deep post-season runs. He won't be the reason they make it to a Super Bowl, but neither will he be the reason they don't.

He's not Goff level bad. If I had to build a team from scratch, and Wilson/Watson/Jackson were off the table, I'd have no problem building around him. From what I've seen, he's a second-tier, franchise level QB, and his contract reflects that fact.

In this world of overvalued QBs, you gotta pay the Staffords/Cousins/Goffs/Prescotts/JGs of the league excessively.

And look at me. I started out saying he hasn't played enough to get a bad on him, and I spend the rest of my post trying to do exactly that. LOL

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1lmz2a40 said:
Maulbert":1lmz2a40 said:
They say Garoppolo has the 'IT' factor. As someone who's watched both a 'serviceable' QB (Hasselbeck) and a guy with the 'IT' factor (Wilson), I've seen way more 'IT' out of Mullens and way more 'serviceable' out of GQ.
Now you’ve done it.

I’m sure Marvin and 5 rusty rings are going to drone on and on with 10 paragraph posts of nonsensical word salad each on how you’re wrong.

Their ego’s are “all in” on Crappolo, just like they were with the Kraepper until he got benched.
I’ve never said Garoppolo has the “it” factor. I’ve just said that PHYSICALLY, including ability to throw, he has no predictably exploitable weaknesses. But you are too special to be able to comprehend what you read, so naturally, despite me saying it dozens of times - TO YOU - you still seem to have no idea what my position is on him. I once volunteered to help with some special needs kids and encountered the same disability from one of the children: a simple inability to comprehend basic English. Something kept getting in the way of his understanding. To this day I’m not sure what it was, but he didn’t seem to understand that attacking the ant hill was a bad idea. Well until he came away crying from their stings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2gr5azvh said:
Sports Hernia":2gr5azvh said:
Maulbert":2gr5azvh said:
They say Garoppolo has the 'IT' factor. As someone who's watched both a 'serviceable' QB (Hasselbeck) and a guy with the 'IT' factor (Wilson), I've seen way more 'IT' out of Mullens and way more 'serviceable' out of GQ.
Now you’ve done it.

I’m sure Marvin and 5 rusty rings are going to drone on and on with 10 paragraph posts of nonsensical word salad each on how you’re wrong.

Their ego’s are “all in” on Crappolo, just like they were with the Kraepper until he got benched.
I’ve never said Garoppolo has the “it” factor. I’ve just said that PHYSICALLY, including ability to throw, he has no predictably exploitable weaknesses. But you are too special to be able to comprehend what you read, so naturally, despite me saying it dozens of times - TO YOU - you still seem to have no idea what my position is on him. I once volunteered to help with some special needs kids and encountered the same disability from one of the children: a simple inability to comprehend basic English. Something kept getting in the way of his understanding. To this day I’m not sure what it was, but he didn’t seem to understand that attacking the ant hill was a bad idea. Well until he came away crying from their stings.

Blah, blah, blah. Your droning posts of word salad bullshit would put anyone to sleep.
You are like the Charlie Brown’s teacher of Niner trolls.

Speaking of special needs, do you read your own posts? Besides, I’m not the one trolling a rivals forum because I’m so desperate for attention, that’d be you Scooter.

Also speaking of special needs...
Your Golden Boy has 14 turn overs. 10 picks, and 4 fumbles. Of course in your “Niner Troll world“ NONE of that is his fault.
Two words: Fatal Flaws.

knownone

Reaction score
If you remove 2 games against the NFL’s worst defense (Arizona), Jimmy G has 11 total TDs and 15 TOs...

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fm88movf said:
5_Golden_Rings":fm88movf said:
Sports Hernia":fm88movf said:
Maulbert":fm88movf said:
Now you’ve done it.

Blah, blah, blah. Your droning posts of word salad $h!t would put anyone to sleep.

Speaking of special needs, do you read your own posts? Besides, I’m not the one trolling a rivals forum because I’m so desperate for attention, that’d be you Scooter.

Your Golden Boy has 14 turn overs. 10 picks, and 4 fumbles. Of course in your “Niner Troll world“ NONE of that is his fault.
Seriously you MUST be special needs.

Garoppolo’s interceptions are not due to a lack of physical ability. They are due to misreads, including him throwing late. These are MENTAL issues, not PHYSICAL issues. My comments on him were about his PHYSICAL ability.

Do you understand that there is a difference between PHYSICAL and MENTAL? Do you understand that difference? I know it might be too abstract for you, but I am hoping you can find a way to get passed your disability and begin to conceptualize the difference.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":107w3fit said:
Sports Hernia":107w3fit said:
5_Golden_Rings":107w3fit said:
Sports Hernia":107w3fit said:

Now you’ve done it.

Blah, blah, blah. Your droning posts of word salad $h!t would put anyone to sleep.

Garoppolo’s interceptions are not due to a lack of physical ability. They are due to misreads, including him throwing late. These are MENTAL issues, not PHYSICAL issues. My comments on him were about his PHYSICAL ability.

Do you understand that there is a difference between PHYSICAL and MENTAL? Do you understand that difference? I know it might be too abstract for you, but I am hoping you can find a way to get passed your disability and begin to conceptualize the difference.

LMAO. Your tears are extra salty lately.

You’re spinning like Marvin on his worst day.

So you’re saying Crappollo’s mistakes are mental issues? A mental disability perhaps, Dr Freud?
Wouldn’t that be a “fatal flaw”?

I’ll dumb this down so even you’ll understand.

I’m. Not. The. One. Trolling. A. Rival’s. Forum. Because. I. Crave. Attention.

That’s. Your. Mental. Issue. Sparky.

Did your daddy not play catch with you enough when you were a little Skidmark?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":4dbppzxq said:
If you remove 2 games against the NFL’s worst defense (Arizona), Jimmy G has 11 total TDs and 15 TOs...
You're going to make 5 rusty rings and Marvin very very angry with posts like this. There will be plenty of stomping of feet and holding their breath until their pudgy little faces turn seahawk blue. You’ve been warned. 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2v0h1erw said:
I really don't get all the hate for Jimmy G. He's had so few starts, it's hard to get a bead on how he will ultimately turn out.

I think both QBs played better than their stat lines suggest. That's what elite Ds to to QBs. Look what Baltimore did to Wilson's stat line.

We are used to watching the 2019-2020 league MVP week in and week out. Did JG struggle against us, like RW did against Baltimore? Yes. Was he near the Wilson/ Mahomes/ Watson/ Jackson level? No. Will he ever get there? Probably not, but he doesn't need to be there. His ceiling is probably Matt Ryan, which is enough to make some deep post-season runs. He won't be the reason they make it to a Super Bowl, but neither will he be the reason they don't.

He's not Goff level bad. If I had to build a team from scratch, and Wilson/Watson/Jackson were off the table, I'd have no problem building around him. From what I've seen, he's a second-tier, franchise level QB, and his contract reflects that fact.

In this world of overvalued QBs, you gotta pay the Staffords/Cousins/Goffs/Prescotts/JGs of the league excessively.

And look at me. I started out saying he hasn't played enough to get a bad on him, and I spend the rest of my post trying to do exactly that. LOL

Its really quite simple.

Jimmy G is the QB in SF. That's it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":32psdt6c said:
Sports Hernia":32psdt6c said:
5_Golden_Rings":32psdt6c said:
Sports Hernia":32psdt6c said:

Now you’ve done it.

Dude. Seriously. The Foe feature is your friend. You'd be amazed just how much smarter your feed will appear when he's on the ignore list. Try it. It's a revelation.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":2yp9a6m1 said:
Dude. Seriously. The Foe feature is your friend. You'd be amazed just how much smarter your feed will appear when he's on the ignore list. Try it. It's a revelation.

I seriously don't understand why people don't curate their posting experience with it.

I use it just as much on the zone as I do here, and any other forum I've ever posted on.

Latest posts