Deshaun Watson

Marvin49

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":29zfoz9e said:
Dark horse team:

New Orleans Saints

Perfect fit for the Saints.

If I’m Sean Payton, I’m trading all the picks needed to get Watson.

Watson with the proper organization and head coach, can win multiple championships.

Watson is that talented.

Problem with the Saints is the Salary cap. They are like 100 mil over.

I'd love it for 49ers and his cap hit vs Jimmy would actually GIVE them 17 mil under the cap, but they likely can't put together the draft capital other teams can AND he'd be losing money to CA state taxes. I gave you guys crap last year because I thought the picks were too much in the Adams trade. QBs are different.

Jets, they certainly have the capital and the draw of Saleh who he is rumored to like, but if he had issues with the Texans owner....

Dolphins seem to make the most sense. Draft capital, money, state taxes...

I want him in SF, but my money is on Miami.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dktzoek said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2dktzoek said:
Dark horse team:

New Orleans Saints

Watson with the proper organization and head coach, can win multiple championships.

Watson is that talented.

I'd love it for 49ers and his cap hit vs Jimmy would actually GIVE them 17 mil under the cap, but they likely can't put together the draft capital other teams can AND he'd be losing money to CA state taxes. I gave you guys crap last year because I thought the picks were too much in the Adams trade. QBs are different.

Jets, they certainly have the capital and the draw of Saleh who he is rumored to like, but if he had issues with the Texans owner....

I would say Miami as well but being a Tua fan I wouldn’t want Tua to land in that train wreck of a franchise that is the Houston Texans.

If New Orleans can get creative, and possibly dump some salary, getting Watson should be worth it.

From Brees to going to Watson is a fantastic successor.

Because Jameis is not the answer.

Watson and Sean Payton can be fantastic together.

Watson, a fantastic arm, mobile, by all accounts a great leader and person, 25 years old, supremely talented, who wouldn’t want to coach an offense with that??

New Orleans should go all in.

They have all the makings to continue to be NFC/SuperBowl contenders for the next 12 years or so with Watson (if healthy) as QB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2zurbj7k said:
Marvin49":2zurbj7k said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2zurbj7k said:
Dark horse team:

New Orleans Saints

Watson is that talented.

I would say Miami as well but being a Tua fan I wouldn’t want Tua to land in that train wreck of a franchise that is the Houston Texans.

If New Orleans can get creative, and possibly dump some salary, getting Watson should be worth it.

From Brees to going to Watson is a fantastic successor.

Because Jameis is not the answer.

Watson and Sean Payton can be fantastic together.

Watson, a fantastic arm, mobile, by all accounts a great leader and person, 25 years old, supremely talented, who wouldn’t want to coach an offense with that??

New Orleans should go all in.

They have all the makings to continue to be NFC/SuperBowl contenders for the next 12 years or so with Watson (if healthy) as QB.

I mean I'd agree that Watson would be ideal for them just as he'd be ideal for about 15 NFL teams. In SF, with Shanahan, and with Kittle, Samuel and Aiyuk. You add that not only can the WRs and TE take handoffs and run, but now the QB can too? Can you imagine the play action?

I can make these arguments for a number of NFL teams.

ALL of these teams should be "all in" for Watson. I just don't think the Saints are particularly better suited than a number of other teams and have a HUGE cap problem. This won't be just moving some stuff around. They are totally screwed right now. They were all in for Brees final year. I just don't see any way they get out of it. If they let Brees retire, get his money off the books and then trade for Watson, then they are still 70-80 million over, will have to cut half the team to get under, and then have no picks to replace them.

I just think the Saints are unrealistic. At least the Niners are currently under the cap, but I still think its gonna be Miami.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't think Watson is going anywhere. What is he going to do if he doesn't get his way? Sit out and lose $$$?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A really low darkhorse (meaning slim chance) could be the Rams. Imagine Watson playing for an offensive minded HC like McVay. Rams would be unstoppable with Watson under center. However they probably would have to trade key defensive pieces to garner a trade for Watson. If this happens, Rams could finally find a way to rid themselves of Goff.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawkfan68":16wboeih said:
A really low darkhorse (meaning slim chance) could be the Rams. Imagine Watson playing for an offensive minded HC like McVay. Rams would be unstoppable with Watson under center. However they probably would have to trade key defensive pieces to garner a trade for Watson. If this happens, Rams could finally find a way to rid themselves of Goff.

Rams will have huge cap hit for Goff and don't have the tradable resources for Watson.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":e96dpdby said:
hawkfan68":e96dpdby said:

Rams will have huge cap hit for Goff and don't have the tradable resources for Watson.

Goff and Donald or Ramsey, you have to give to get. Or maybe Kupp. But I would think the Rams want to make cap room so high salary.

Not what the Seahawks or Cards and 49ers would like to see, but Donald out of the West may ease the pain.

Plus he is going on 8th year, that may also be a weight factor.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":uoreq1iz said:
hawkfan68":uoreq1iz said:

I think more likely going after Stafford which would still be an improvement.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Washington49er":mqfdx88r said:
Marvin49":mqfdx88r said:
hawkfan68":mqfdx88r said:

I don’t see Stafford as a huge improvement. But it’s clear that something is broken between McVay and Goff, so am fully expecting a change.

I wouldn’t mind Darnold. Watson is just too costly.

Washington49er

Reaction score
RedAlice":3nfvn088 said:
Washington49er":3nfvn088 said:
Marvin49":3nfvn088 said:
hawkfan68":3nfvn088 said:

I don’t see Stafford as a huge improvement. But it’s clear that something is broken between McVay and Goff, so am fully expecting a change.

Sorry but Goff is crap, can't scramble, can't scramble and throw. Any pressure he folds.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Washington49er":6hkppcpj said:
RedAlice":6hkppcpj said:
Washington49er":6hkppcpj said:
Marvin49":6hkppcpj said:

Sorry but Goff is crap, can't scramble, can't scramble and throw. Any pressure he folds.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion. :D

I’m over the Goff debate, having done it so much and weekly in chat every game this year.

I’m excited we may be getting a new QB. :irishdrinkers: I’m hoping for Darnold.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":2tw3fpn6 said:
RedAlice":2tw3fpn6 said:
Washington49er":2tw3fpn6 said:
Marvin49":2tw3fpn6 said:

True, but you also just described your very own Jimmy Glass.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2il1eft8 said:
Washington49er":2il1eft8 said:
RedAlice":2il1eft8 said:
Washington49er":2il1eft8 said:

True, but you also just described your very own Jimmy Glass.

First did I say I was fan? Second yes he has some of the same issues but no where near as bad. I'd take Jimmy G over Goff any day.