DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

Wheetie

Reaction score
I could look past his attitude issues if he performed better.

Why can't a guy with his incredible speed get more open than he does? It seems like most of his receptions are contested sideline catches, when I'd expect more Randy Moss type YAC plays.

Are these bad plays, or is he lazy, or is he already slowing down? Maybe o-line related... Plays not able to develop, etc...

Anyway... If he ever plays up to his potential, I bet his punk attitude will be more accepted as an entertaining personality quirk.
There's a difference between speed and quickness, or being twitchy. DK is like a drag car, fast in one direction whereas most wide receivers in the NFL are like an Audi R8 for example, fast and nimble and can change direction on a dime, twitchy. That's why he's really a one trick pony running go routes or quick slants, he's too bulky to regularly get open by creating separation on change of direction routes.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, you have a chance to prove you can grow up here, DK. Show us, don't tell us.
I suspect this is his last season in Seattle. Just a total guess/hunch. NOT saying it's going to happen.

Slick

Reaction score
I sense a guy pissed about his targets/opportunities more than reacting to sh**-talk during the game. This is acting out if you ask my opinion.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I sense a guy pissed about his targets/opportunities more than reacting to sh**-talk during the game. This is acting out if you ask my opinion.
Yup - you seen Geno forcing throws to him -

He's been chirpin about his touches. You can just feel it. He did it openly to Russ on the field during the last few games of that season.
Been saying he needs to be benched - since - the camera episode. That's a while ago. Hasn't gotten any better.

Been talking about his lazy ass attitude and route running since last year.

I agree with the other post: This is now at the point where it will affect the locker room.

Prior to this, this was largely an 'internal' matter in the WR room. 14 and 16: "You don't need YAC. Stick it to the man! I just gotta be ME!".

Now it's disrespect to Pete out in the open: "It's just a board". Nope. Directly after a meeting about the issue - to basically flip off your head coach? Wow.

This is gonna affect our season if it's not handled. And unfortunately, I don't believe that it will be.......

So, yea, Crimson Tide style: "Yes, sir. Bench that ******. Twice."

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Have to admit, doesn't sound good. Certainly doesn't sound much like "every day, in every way, we get a little better." If who you are is hurting the team, seems like something that needs to change for the better. 🤷‍♂️

AgentDib

Reaction score
I simply couldn't disagree with the consensus here more.

Metcalf is averaging three penalties per season. How many of you were calling for Kam to get benched when he had 12 personal foul penalties? This is a fanbase who should appreciate players who want to hit people, and the only issue I see with Sunday's penalty is that he screwed up the timing due to not hearing the whistle. Mistakes happen, whatever.

Honestly, this thread sounds like something I'd hear on a 49er radio station complaining about how mean the Seahawks are.

Slick

Reaction score

Metcalf is averaging three penalties per season. How many of you were calling for Kam to get benched when he had 12 personal foul penalties? This is a fanbase who should appreciate players who want to hit people, and the only issue I see with Sunday's penalty is that he screwed up the timing due to not hearing the whistle. Mistakes happen, whatever.

Honestly, this thread sounds like something I'd hear on a 49er radio station complaining about how mean the Seahawks are.
My opinion is not calling for benching but rather the dude wants opportunities. He’s getting pissed on the field about it maybe. I don’t think he’s getting the touches a WR1 should. The question is there a scheme issue? Just bad luck? Perhaps he’s going to get 150 yds and 2tds next game and this all goes away.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Trade him to the Cowboys for a conditional 7th rounder...I am sure it would ruin their season if this trade could happen. Let undrafted..unproven..slow off the line Jake Bobo fill his role. Problem solved..super bowl champs!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yup, it’s time to trade DK.

Only problem is, the NFL, knows what type of player and what attitude he has and Seattle will not get as much for him.

Seattle, if they don’t like any offers for DK, will likely eat his cap hit and release him this offseason. Damn, really sucks, he just got paid and we all want to like the guy but it’s just not happening.

You are not going to get not even a third rounder for him now.

Seattle, could stand to bench him for a few games, as that’s probably, the only thing that will get his attention.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maybe, Seattle, can trade DK for Davante Adams??

Adams, is currently, not very pleased with the Raiders organization. Seattle, not very pleased with Metcalf.

Both just got paid.

Both could stand a change of scenary.

Both would benefit from a swap.

Seattle wouldn’t be paying so much more for a proven guy. The Raiders get DK that would give the Raiders exactly the identity as their fans as being more “uncontrollable.”

Fair swap for both sides!

hoxrox

Reaction score

Don't think the Kam and DK penalties are comparable. Kam was a hard hitter and was penalized on CLEAN hits at times. DK's penalties happen AFTER the play is over. He allowed Taylor-Britt to get into his head. Ramsey did the same thing and it threw him off his game. This is not new. DK is easily baited and becoming a liability not only on the field, but off the field.

"It's just a board" is not a good look. Defensive and cannot take constructive criticism, with a fragile ego is what this tells me.

bileever

Reaction score
Dk's an emotional guy, but has to learn how to channel those emotions. Pete knows how to handle guys, like Richard Sherman, who feed off of their passion. That's his specialty, and I don't worry about Pete's ability to motivate guys like that.

My problem with DK is that he's paid like an elite receiver, but doesn't really produce like one. He's paid like AJ Brown and Cooper Kupp but he isn't as good. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player--just not top tier. But when you're getting $24 million per year, people are going to expect a lot more than he's given us.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is absolutely at a career crossroads here. Just play ball and stop with the extra crap. It doesn't seem that hard.
It's not even close to "trade him" time. Now if he keeps doing this crap going forward? They need to consider it.

Last edited: