DK on penalties: 'Not going to change who I am'

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think the most fitting Worm comparison for DK is how he is so very much "take it or leave it, I don't gaf", and he means it, it's who he is, this will end with him playing somewhere else if it becomes a back and forth with fans, it just will. Still love the guy, lots of very interesting personalities in the NFL that's for sure haha
Well, listening to actual former NFL players like KJ, Wyman and Bumpis, they ALL talk about how hard DK works, and that he cares A LOT.
Just because people don't like the guy, that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. That's a load of BS, just assuming he doesn't care.
He needs to stop the tantrums, but he absolutely cares.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Go Hawks, big game Sunday. I hope DK tears it up.

.......all while having no tantrums. Not much to ask. He drives me crazy, but he's a hell of a football player. I'm not close to giving up on the guy.

toffee

Reaction score
-Adams could serve as a mentor to our younger WR room to help them improve
-DK literally said himself that he wasn't changing (he's regressing with penalties and doesn't plan on changing apparently, "few bonehead penalties" LOL)
-Adams is a MUCH more refined route runner despite his age compared to DK
-Adams doesn't lose his temper on the field if he doesn't get a certain amount of targets per game or is wide open compared to DK
-Adams would bring more accountability than DK apparently does
A few thought:
  1. DK was blessed with huge hands (10"), but his drop rate 5% while not bad, is average.
  2. DK was blessed with 4.37 speed, but he hasn't been running away from CBs. His YAC/carry is #133 at 2.7 yards.
  3. DK was blessed with linemen like strength, benched 27?, but he hasn't been breaking lots of tackles.
  4. DK was blessed with a great 2nd WR in Lockett so teams couldn't focus just on him.
Frankly DK should embrace changes, he still has a lot of room for improvements.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely does. And I suspect he's always working to become a lot better. Regardless of what "fans" think.
Now, I just want to see a bunch of games where I'm not yelling "whyyyyyy, DK, whyyyy?"
Just ball out, walk away, and do what you are capable of doing.

hoxrox

Reaction score
A few thought:
  1. DK was blessed with huge hands (10"), but his drop rate 5% while not bad, is average.
  2. DK was blessed with 4.37 speed, but he hasn't been running away from CBs. His YAC/carry is #133 at 2.7 yards.
  3. DK was blessed with linemen like strength, benched 27?, but he hasn't been breaking lots of tackles.
  4. DK was blessed with a great 2nd WR in Lockett so teams couldn't focus just on him.
Frankly DK should embrace changes, he still has a lot of room for improvements.
Don't forget about height. Why no high point, jump balls in the redzone?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They don't even TRY. It's ridiculous. All while people claim he "can't do that"

Until I see them ACTUALLY TRY it, I'm not going to assume he can't do it. This guy has made a ton of contested catches, including game winners. Not sure where that narrative came from that he can't make contested catches. And yes, some people do claim he can't.
He was WIDE OPEN for a TD, he got mad. MANY WR's around the league would do that. They would get called "passionate" for it.
But, he retaliated, so he has a way to go before he starts actually getting the benefit of the doubt from people. And more importantly, the refs. IF he lets them get in in head, they already won.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Toffee

No question about DK's physical superiority. He was raw when he came and is still learning his craft, but he has otherworldly physical ability the team needs to enhance and encourage development of. At present he has a lot of growing up to do. However he can at times be extraordinarily special, and does need to embrace improving his game.

I like him as a Seahawks player and am expecting to see more from him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DK is having a good year so far, as is the entire offense given the early challenges they have faced. He's averaging 11 yards per target, Geno has a 111 QB rating throwing him the ball, and he only has one official drop thus far. If you want to see what most passing games look like without an OL take a look at the Giants receivers thus far this year.

Having lots of targets is why the offense has been mostly OK despite practically our entire OL being injured, and if that means posters complaining about stats on message boards then that's a sacrifice I'm just willing to make.
Don't think the Kam and DK penalties are comparable. Kam was a hard hitter and was penalized on CLEAN hits at times.
And at times Kam was penalized because the hit ended up a bit late, exactly like DK's block on Sunday. In both cases, the coaching point is that the execution needs cleaned up a bit not that the aggression needs toned down.

Just look at Carroll's response, which was to completely downplay Sunday's penalty and provide the explanation that DK didn't hear the whistle. He clearly doesn't want DK to back off on the aggression, and DK's statement to that effect is not in disagreement with the coaching staff, but rather exactly what fans should want to hear from him.

Personally, I'd love to see DK knock K'Von Wallace into the stands on Sunday, just with better execution that doesn't draw a flag.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How do we know he doesn't embrace and/or want to improve his game? I've heard nothing but how hard he works. And that's coming from people who are around him all the time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bobo did it.
I'm talking about DK. He is very capable of it. Throw the damn ball up and let him go get it.
I like Bobo, but SOME people are acting like he's the next Steve Largent or Cooper Kupp. Hilarious. Slow the roll a little.......let's see what he can do before we get the Gold Jacket ready :ROFLMAO:

yes, I'm exaggerating so save the lecture..........

toffee

Reaction score
Toffee

No question about DK's physical superiority. He was raw when he came and is still learning his craft, but he has otherworldly physical ability the team needs to enhance and encourage development of. At present he has a lot of growing up to do. However he can at times be extraordinarily special, and does need to embrace improving his game.

I like him as a Seahawks player and am expecting to see more from him.
Same here! As an alum, I wish him well

hoxrox

Reaction score
DK is having a good year so far, as is the entire offense given the early challenges they have faced. He's averaging 11 yards per target, Geno has a 111 QB rating throwing him the ball, and he only has one official drop thus far. If you want to see what most passing games look like without an OL take a look at the Giants receivers thus far this year.

Having lots of targets is why the offense has been mostly OK despite practically our entire OL being injured, and if that means posters complaining about stats on message boards then that's a sacrifice I'm just willing to make.

And at times Kam was penalized because the hit ended up a bit late, exactly like DK's block on Sunday. In both cases, the coaching point is that the execution needs cleaned up a bit not that the aggression needs toned down.

Just look at Carroll's response, which was to completely downplay Sunday's penalty and provide the explanation that DK didn't hear the whistle. He clearly doesn't want DK to back off on the aggression, and DK's statement to that effect is not in disagreement with the coaching staff, but rather exactly what fans should want to hear from him.

Personally, I'd love to see DK knock K'Von Wallace into the stands on Sunday, just with better execution that doesn't draw a flag.
I'm ok with the aggression. But was that block even near the play? Or was it in retaliation to getting a pass broken up by Taylor-Britt? Was it out of frustration for Geno missing him down the sideline?

DK chalks it up to being "competitive" but it's not. It gets him out of his element and he doesn't help the offense on a day it was desperately needed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Well, listening to actual former NFL players like KJ, Wyman and Bumpis, they ALL talk about how hard DK works, and that he cares A LOT.
Just because people don't like the guy, that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. That's a load of BS, just assuming he doesn't care.
But if he can’t stop the tantrums and it’s hurting the team in very costly penalties adding to losses, how much more, do you need to see from Metcalf?

Eventually, players end up talking their way out the organization or at least their actions will lead them out the door.

DK, hasn’t done anything to better his chances of staying in Seattle or at least express his desire to be a better teammate.

There comes a time where the return on investment doesn’t match the price you paid for the services.

Is DK currently worth his salary??

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm more impressed with BOBO at the moment. He gives 110% on every play vs this defiant fake tough guy act.
Well slightly off topic but to your point:

I still cannot believe Bobo hung onto that ball after the catch. Jesus.

If ya forgot:

That's grit. THAT is the kind of determination that I'd like to see. Don't want to see guys take it in the head like that all the time - but impressed me.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'd love to hear from Bwagz on the topic.

Gotta say I'm not really trustin' the Pete approach ;)

hoxrox

Reaction score
Well slightly off topic but to your point:

I still cannot believe Bobo hung onto that ball after the catch. Jesus.

If ya forgot:

That's grit. THAT is the kind of determination that I'd like to see. Don't want to see guys take it in the head like that all the time - but impressed me.

More Bobo.

Latest posts