Fire Pete!!! Anyone down?

chris98251

Reaction score
JustTheTip":31wwj50u said:
chris98251":31wwj50u said:
JustTheTip":31wwj50u said:
chris98251":31wwj50u said:
There is a easy fix for that, go watch old games with Mora and Flores.

No thanks, watching them in real-time (for some of Florres I had season tickets) was bad enough. Saying we shouldn't contemplate a coaching now simply because of then is a bit ridiculous though.

No, the BULLSHIT is that Pete doesn't win the way YOU want him to so he should be fired for winning differently, you offer NO legitimate replacement, YOU offer no reason why other then he does not follow the flow chart that other coaches do.

That is RIDICULOUS ! :thgeterdone2:

About as ridiculous as many Seahawks fans thought Pete's hiring was in the first place. And how is MY opinion on how the team should operate any less relevant than YOUR opinion or any other fan's opinion. In the end that is all discussions like this are, opinions being thrown around.

And a cop out answer, go back to your participation Trophy case and polish them up.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3cobu3fn said:
chris98251":3cobu3fn said:
JustTheTip":3cobu3fn said:
chris98251":3cobu3fn said:
There is a easy fix for that, go watch old games with Mora and Flores.

No thanks, watching them in real-time (for some of Florres I had season tickets) was bad enough. Saying we shouldn't contemplate a coaching now simply because of then is a bit ridiculous though.

No, the BULLSHIT is that Pete doesn't win the way YOU want him to so he should be fired for winning differently, you offer NO legitimate replacement, YOU offer no reason why other then he does not follow the flow chart that other coaches do.

About as ridiculous as many Seahawks fans thought Pete's hiring was in the first place. And how is MY opinion on how the team should operate any less relevant than YOUR opinion or any other fan's opinion....
Because the stats (W/L record, playoff appearances, SBs, etc.) don't back up your opinion.

warden

Reaction score
This thread is a complete joke

It is comical that some of you are serious

Some need to go back to playing your Madden football game because you are completely clueless when it comes to NFL football

JustTheTip

Reaction score
getnasty":21fcwrhr said:
JustTheTip":21fcwrhr said:
Uncle Si":21fcwrhr said:
Stagnated? You know how many fan vases wish they had the Seahawks "stagnation?"

Come on man... since PC took over this team has been competing for a playoff spot at worse every year. Only one other team can brag the same in that period.

He's seen a whole recycle of his team once, and is doing it again.

Like I said, in the absence of a trophy I would prefer to be entertained. Pete is not willing to change his brand of football (in any relevant way) and that brand for me is not nearly as entertaining as it was with Lynch and the LOB (and rest of that defense.) It felt like something special was going on, it really doesn't feel that way anymore.

Really it is how I felt about Holmgren the last 2 years, he was unwilling to adapt to the talent he had available and instead continued to act like he had all the right pieces available for his system and force players not suited to it to conform.

Can you at least share how you would like him to adapt to the players he has? I feel like Russell Wilson while maybe not chucking it arould like Mahomes certainly throws the ball a lot more then he used too. Pete still wants to run the ball to set up the pass and help the defesne but it's opened up quite a bit.

Big one would be to stop with the 3 man rushes on long passing downs. I understand he is trying to protect the secondary and bringing pressure is a risk. But too often the secondary gives up the big play anyways because the QB has plenty of time for them to break down.

I was quite happy with how they opened on offense today, then they quickly reverted and after the game found out no helmet communication to start the game. If Pete stays on the sideline I would like to see him stay out of the offense completely.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ncwnqtg said:
JustTheTip":2ncwnqtg said:
chris98251":2ncwnqtg said:
JustTheTip":2ncwnqtg said:

About as ridiculous as many Seahawks fans thought Pete's hiring was in the first place. And how is MY opinion on how the team should operate any less relevant than YOUR opinion or any other fan's opinion....
Because the stats (W/L record, playoff appearances, SBs, etc.) don't back up your opinion.

Unless you actually take time to understand my opinion and then they do. Not that I expect anybody to do that (and not even saying that in a sarcastic way.)

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
JustTheTip":11zbc5fp said:
Uncle Si":11zbc5fp said:

Come on man... since PC took over this team has been competing for a playoff spot at worse every year. Only one other team can brag the same in that period.

Like I said, in the absence of a trophy I would prefer to be entertained. Pete is not willing to change his brand of football (in any relevant way) and that brand for me is not nearly as entertaining as it was with Lynch and the LOB (and rest of that defense.) It felt like something special was going on, it really doesn't feel that way anymore.

Really it is how I felt about Holmgren the last 2 years, he was unwilling to adapt to the talent he had available and instead continued to act like he had all the right pieces available for his system and force players not suited to it to conform.

So basically it comes down to the fact that Peteball is not entertaining to you. I’ll take the winning culture thank you very much. BTW, I’m highly entertained by Seahawks football. Have been since 1976 even when it doesn’t turn out the way I like. Maybe you should choose a team that plays like you think a team should play. Or perhaps enter the coaching world and do it yourself.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3cb72bbj said:
Uncle Si":3cb72bbj said:

I don't think you give yourself much wiggle room there as a,fan...

Also, this team.has been highly entertaining the last few years. Offense might not always come off, but the success on the field is unparalleled for the Seahawks, and only beaten by one other team in the NfL...

Wonder how the 3-3 Rams and Cowboys feel about their entertaining teams.

PackerNation

Reaction score
JustTheTip":c3amic5y said:
Could just as easily be 2-4 or even 1-5 with the way the games have gone.

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

lol

But they aren't, they are 5-1. Wilson is currently the leading candidate for MVP, the GM stocked the roster, Pete is leading them on the field and...... you want him fired?

lol - You whiners are such a disgrace to the fan base.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3qlswpp8 said:
JustTheTip":3qlswpp8 said:
Uncle Si":3qlswpp8 said:

I don't think you give yourself much wiggle room there as a,fan...

Also, this team.has been highly entertaining the last few years. Offense might not always come off, but the success on the field is unparalleled for the Seahawks, and only beaten by one other team in the NfL...

Wonder how the 3-3 Rams and Cowboys feel about their entertaining teams.
Yes, it is a special kind of hell I create for myself.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PackerNation":19m9wwqd said:
JustTheTip":19m9wwqd said:

Pete consistently wastes quarters and halves of football games. He consistently makes poor decisions on both what he does challenge and what he doesn't. He consistently makes very poor time management decisions. He consistently gets out game planned.

Today they had 4 turnovers to 1 (2 of which were very lucky) and a blocked punt, yet still only managed to win by 4.

lol

But they aren't, they are 5-1. Wilson is currently the leading candidate for MVP, the GM stocked the roster, Pete is leading them on the field and...... you want him fired?

Says the guy who supports a QB who likely tanked to get his coach fired. Maybe read the entirety of the thread before forming an opinion?

Edit to add: If this is true
PackerNation":19m9wwqd said:
As of right now, Wilson is THE MVP, bar none. Lots of games to be played but he still looks as good as he did his first couple of years in the league.

Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are 2-4 team right now. He can take the team on his back and has done so, this season. Regardless of a ring or not.

Not sure why the league or fans don't give the proper respect to Wilson. He is looking like a 1st ballot HOF QB.

How is my opinion on PC so ridiculous?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
So winning close games year after year isn't entertaining?

Maybe your doing it wrong. I suggest, instead of turning off the TV after the first half and fuming on internet boards, you sleep in some more, turn the game on after halftime and watch the last 2 quarters. You'll be rested and see some awesome entertaining halves of football.

People complaining about style points in the NFL is so BCS.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3gwwcak7 said:
getnasty":3gwwcak7 said:
JustTheTip":3gwwcak7 said:
getnasty":3gwwcak7 said:
Look at the Chiefs the last two weeks, the Rams the last 3 weeks, Dallas the last three weeks, the list can go on and on. There are really talented teams that are losing football games they should be winning, doesn't mean they all have bad coaches it just means it's really hard to win in the NFL. Sure we can fire Pete today after a 5-1 start but once again who are you going to go get? Name one coach that your gonna hire right now that is better then Pete, just one.

For the record, I don't think Pete should be fired mid-season and would prefer he not be fired at all. I would like to see him realize the sideline on gameday isn't where he provides the most benefit to the team anymore and give up that role on his own while continuing to focus on where he does provide the most value to the team.

The only Seahawk coach I would have advocated for firing mid-season was Mora. He wasn't just piss poor at being head coach here, he was toxic to the team. Was very happy with the way Pete cleaned up that mess so fast, could have easily been a culture that lingered for a decade. Pete was definitely the right coach at the right time then.

So at the end of the year when Pete steps down who are you bringing in?

If I had the knowledge and experience to decide that, I would be making a lot more money than I am now doing something I like a lot more than what I do now. But I have never liked the "but who do you think is better" statement. Was hearing that a lot at the end of Holmgren's tenor as well, but if we stuck with him another 2 years, we would easily still be without a Lombardi.

I think this is where the problem resides. Nature of competition. Both teams on the field are trying to win. Someone has to lose. There is a winner and loser on every play at just about every position matchup. Each team is trying to keep the other from doing what they want to do. You can't judge an individual football game results by the rosters on paper. Competition rarely plays out how the "paper" says it should.

If at this place in time of the Seahawks' history, you think it's time for a new coach, you need to either convert to a pats fan or quit football. Those are your only 2 options that MIGHT satisfy you.

PackerNation

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1iwy2wl4 said:
PackerNation":1iwy2wl4 said:
JustTheTip":1iwy2wl4 said:

lol

Says the guy who supports a QB who likely tanked to get his coach fired. Maybe read the entirety of the thread before forming an opinion?

PackerNation":1iwy2wl4 said:
As of right now, Wilson is THE MVP, bar none. Lots of games to be played but he still looks as good as he did his first couple of years in the league.

Take Wilson off the Seahawks and they are 2-4 team right now. He can take the team on his back and has done so, this season. Regardless of a ring or not.

Not sure why the league or fans don't give the proper respect to Wilson. He is looking like a 1st ballot HOF QB.

lolololol - How is Rodgers going to get his coach fired???

Rodgers is a HOF QB. 1st ballot. Dumbass fans like you just don't get it that all games, despite the talent level are not a blow out.

So the Hawks only won by 4 points and committed a ton of turnovers and mistakes. So what? They won and that is all that matters. Great teams don't always play great. They found a way to win and somehow, that is not good enough for you.

Pack sand.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Mad Dog":yinflnfv said:

Maybe your doing it wrong. I suggest, instead of turning off the TV after the first half and fuming on internet boards, you sleep in some more, turn the game on after halftime and watch the last 2 quarters. You'll be rested and see some awesome entertaining halves of football.

I have probably turned off a total of 2 or 3 games since I became a serious fan of the Seahawks following the Krieg evading another likely sack by Thomas to throw a game-winning TD to Skansi against the Chiefs.

Before you lambast me for not being a true fan think about this, I went from a casual fan to a serious fan in 1990 and still stuck with it through the '90s. Not a lot of joy there before the sparse times hit. I also had season tickets from 1996 through when they moved to Husky Stadium for the year. At the time I gave them up because they put me way up in the corner and increased my ticked prices by a lot.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":28rjwgby said:
Mad Dog":28rjwgby said:

I have probably turned off a total of 2 or 3 games since I became a serious fan of the Seahawks following the Krieg evading another likely sack by Thomas to throw a game-winning TD to Skansi against the Chiefs.

Before you lambast me for not being a true fan think about this, I went from a casual fan to a serious fan in 1990 and still stuck with it through the '90s. Not a lot of joy there before the sparse times hit. I also had season tickets from 1996 through when they moved to Husky Stadium for the year. At the time I gave them up because they put me way up in the corner and increased my ticked prices by a lot.

Ah, now we see where the bitterness is coming from. As long as PC keeps this team winning, you're pushed out of the financial ability to be part of the loud and proud 12s.

Sorry to hear that, but it explains much.

Go Hawks!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PackerNation":23miwbon said:
JustTheTip":23miwbon said:
JustTheTip":23miwbon said:

lol

Rodgers is a HOF QB. 1st ballot. Dumbass fans like you just don't get it that all games, despite the talent level are not a blow out.

So the Hawks only won by 4 points and committed a ton of turnovers and mistakes. So what? They won and that is all that matters. Great teams don't always play great. They found a way to win and somehow, that is not good enough for you.

Pack sand.

I realize that it is probably the equivalent for you of somebody else trying to read War and Peace in the original Russian, but again go read the rest of the thread please. It is a stretch to make anything you are saying relate to the points I am trying to make.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1xcr4yyk said:
JustTheTip":1xcr4yyk said:
Mad Dog":1xcr4yyk said:

Ah, now we see where the bitterness is coming from. As long as PC keeps this team winning, you're pushed out of the financial ability to be part of the loud and proud 12s.

Sorry to hear that, but it explains much.

Go Hawks!

Nope. As much as I enjoyed being there for those years and wanted to be there after the move to the new stadium, I much prefer to watch the game with friends in the comfort of a home.

PackerNation

Reaction score
JustTheTip":o9esu62f said:
PackerNation":o9esu62f said:
JustTheTip":o9esu62f said:
lol

Pack sand.

I realize that is probably the equivalent for you of somebody else trying to read War and Peace in the original Russian, but again go read the rest of the thread please. It is a stretch to make anything you are saying relate to the points I am trying to make.

I did before I responded and you are dead wrong. You are shortsighted and short on facts. Despite being happy with your current record, you fail to acknowledge and give credit where credit is due.

Meaning you have little talent and understanding of football. Especially Professional football.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
PackerNation":2y1sl426 said:
JustTheTip":2y1sl426 said:
PackerNation":2y1sl426 said:
JustTheTip":2y1sl426 said:

Pack sand.

I realize that is probably the equivalent for you of somebody else trying to read War and Peace in the original Russian, but again go read the rest of the thread please. It is a stretch to make anything you are saying relate to the points I am trying to make.

I did before I responded and you are dead wrong. You are shortsighted and short on facts. Despite being happy with your current record, you fail to acknowledge and give credit where credit is due.

Meaning you have little talent and understanding of football. especially Professional football.

Oh, so reading comprehension is your problem. Got it. You finally made a valid point though. I never had any talent as far as playing football is concerned.

You say take Wilson off the team and they are 2-4. So why give PC the credit for Wilson bailing him out from the results of the wasted quarters to start the game?