Firmly believe Pete behind Russell's Struggles

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":mk24murt said:
Sgt. Largent":mk24murt said:
TheLegendOfBoom":mk24murt said:
Wilson better get better quickly cause yeah, after a while, blaming coaches become tiresome, Wilson needs to put his football distractions to the side and get better, because it does NOT get easier!

See I think this is who Russell is, a top 5 and at times falls off to more of a top 10 QB.

I never bought into the let Russ cook Russell of the first five games, I knew that had more to do with a VERY polished and experienced offense being way ahead of average to below average defenses that had ZERO time to practice and prepare because of covid.

Far more than some conscious change of offensive philosophy, or Russell all of a sudden turning on a superhero switch.

I love Russell, I'm glad he's our franchise QB for the next 10 years on his way to the Hall of Fame. But this is who he is, a smart prepared elusive and clutch QB that can manage a game and run around and make explosive plays when you need him too.

So he and others can tell us all they want about how he wants to be the greatest QB of all time and win MVP's every year, but IMO that's probably never going to happen, because he's not Aaron Rodgeurs, he's not Drew Brees, he's not Tom Brady in his prime. Guys that can carry the load game in, game out, year in, year out.

He needs that run game and defense, and the good news is he has that now.

Holy $h!t...I've never seen so much constant build up of a person to just tear him down.

The f*** hate is strong here. You would think someone with the name largent in it would respect his players more then those of other teams.

I'm sorry guys, but the f*** expectations of some of you who probably work desk jobs, barely loving life and go around hating on others is severely overrated. Tired as some of you may say.

Hot dam...you would think we were 6-10 this year and sitting out.

Guess you missed the part where I said Russ is a top 5 QB and I'm glad he's our QB for the next 10 years.

But I get it, righteous indignation feels good.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
tersal":pbwto2ca said:
Give it a break.
Wilson's year

YEAR G ATT COMP PCT YDS AVG LNG TD INT 1st 1st% 20+ SCK SCKY RATE
2020 16 558 384 68.82 4212 7.6 62 40 13 213 38.17 45 47 301 105.1

I do not see the problem especially considering a mediocre pass protection on the Offensive line. (the teams most significant weakness right now.)

The early season explosion passing was due to the defenses they played. Was not sustainable considering the last three weeks defenses were all top ten. 40 td's against 13 interceptions is darn good by any standard. Worth 140 million over 4 years.

Actually, the difference between early in the season and late, is that the O-line protection was consistent. Three of Russ' worst games this season missed a combination of Pocic, Iupati, or Shell. We even had Damien Lewis under Center once, something Russ haters can't acknowledge.

Also the Patriots, Dolphins, Vikings, Cardinals were not poor defenses. Even back then. The Cowboys and Falcons were the only truly terrible defenses and even then Russ was pin point accurate

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20aei7f7 said:
jamescasey1124":20aei7f7 said:
Sgt. Largent":20aei7f7 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":20aei7f7 said:
Wilson better get better quickly cause yeah, after a while, blaming coaches become tiresome, Wilson needs to put his football distractions to the side and get better, because it does NOT get easier!

See I think this is who Russell is, a top 5 and at times falls off to more of a top 10 QB.

I never bought into the let Russ cook Russell of the first five games, I knew that had more to do with a VERY polished and experienced offense being way ahead of average to below average defenses that had ZERO time to practice and prepare because of covid.

Far more than some conscious change of offensive philosophy, or Russell all of a sudden turning on a superhero switch.

I love Russell, I'm glad he's our franchise QB for the next 10 years on his way to the Hall of Fame. But this is who he is, a smart prepared elusive and clutch QB that can manage a game and run around and make explosive plays when you need him too.

So he and others can tell us all they want about how he wants to be the greatest QB of all time and win MVP's every year, but IMO that's probably never going to happen, because he's not Aaron Rodgeurs, he's not Drew Brees, he's not Tom Brady in his prime. Guys that can carry the load game in, game out, year in, year out.

Holy $h!t...I've never seen so much constant build up of a person to just tear him down.

The f*** hate is strong here. You would think someone with the name largent in it would respect his players more then those of other teams.

I'm sorry guys, but the f*** expectations of some of you who probably work desk jobs, barely loving life and go around hating on others is severely overrated. Tired as some of you may say.

Hot dam...you would think we were 6-10 this year and sitting out.

Guess you missed the part where I said Russ is a top 5 QB and I'm glad he's our QB for the next 10 years.

But I get it, righteous indignation feels good.

Nah I chose to indicate the part you were sucking off other QBs who wilson is shattering records to be compared to. Sorry, I read the part you said he was top 5, but i will continue to address people slobbering on others first.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2fd1rqta said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2fd1rqta said:
Sgt. Largent":2fd1rqta said:
Was Pete also behind Russell's struggles mid season when he turned the ball over 10 times in five games?

* I dont know but alotted tip passes and batted balls equal interceptions too. Plus bad snaps and handoff exchanges. Oh did I mention drop balls by the recievers olsen comes to mind. You are right though pete isnt to blame, but nearly is Wilson exclusively.*

I'm not crazy about how the offense is playing either, but I DEFINITELY like this version of the Hawks with a much better defense and a balanced offense that can crank it up when they need to in the playoffs.

*Agree.*

Then an offense that relies on it's QB to have to score 30+ points a game because the defense is so terrible. Not sure how that's a good recipe for success in January.

If Wilson struggled against the Giants, Jets, Washington, Rams, Niners, Arizona, Eagles, and Bills, suffice it to say, that just means, it isn’t going to get any easier.

*Saying wilson struggled all by himself would be pointless for a team game.*

Wilson will most likely struggle in playoffs as well and Seattle will struggle to run the ball.

They dont seem to struggle when they need to win. Aside the giants game.

It doesn’t get any easier on defense, fellas.

It doesn’t matter if Wilson is struggling.

If he’s struggling, all it means is he is not good enough.

*Ok really.*

Can you honestly say you are 100 percent comfortable with this offense moving forward?

*Yes. Yes I can. Because when they need to win, whether it in the fourth quarter or 1st...its always close. *

Wilson may not even be a Top 5 QB right now in playoffs:

1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Brady

The way Wilson has been struggling, consistently, late in the seasons, he’s not even Top 5 in my rankings right now.

*Good thing your rankings don't matter. That would be like saying everything i say is better than what you say.*

Win or go home!

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey are coming for Wilson!

*Oh no...donald and Ramsey. Didnt they lose like two weeks ago? To some team...cant remember the team name...help me out.*

It's clear you favor other teams claims on Twitter to your own team.
Well, James, if you want to say the Rams lost two weeks ago, I can also say, the Rams won, 23-16 in WK10. And?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TwistedHusky said:
Mahomes is playing better football than Wilson. Going farther in the playoffs. And will likely go farther this year.

Nobody outside of Seattle would put Wilson over Mahomes. Likely a fifth of our fans would not.

I live in NC. Soon to be denver again. You have nothing to stand on here.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":yif9hs6m said:
jamescasey1124":yif9hs6m said:
TheLegendOfBoom":yif9hs6m said:
Sgt. Largent":yif9hs6m said:
Was Pete also behind Russell's struggles mid season when he turned the ball over 10 times in five games?

* I dont know but alotted tip passes and batted balls equal interceptions too. Plus bad snaps and handoff exchanges. Oh did I mention drop balls by the recievers olsen comes to mind. You are right though pete isnt to blame, but nearly is Wilson exclusively.*

I'm not crazy about how the offense is playing either, but I DEFINITELY like this version of the Hawks with a much better defense and a balanced offense that can crank it up when they need to in the playoffs.

*Agree.*

Then an offense that relies on it's QB to have to score 30+ points a game because the defense is so terrible. Not sure how that's a good recipe for success in January.

If Wilson struggled against the Giants, Jets, Washington, Rams, Niners, Arizona, Eagles, and Bills, suffice it to say, that just means, it isn’t going to get any easier.

*Saying wilson struggled all by himself would be pointless for a team game.*

Wilson will most likely struggle in playoffs as well and Seattle will struggle to run the ball.

They dont seem to struggle when they need to win. Aside the giants game.

It doesn’t get any easier on defense, fellas.

It doesn’t matter if Wilson is struggling.

If he’s struggling, all it means is he is not good enough.

*Ok really.*

Can you honestly say you are 100 percent comfortable with this offense moving forward?

*Yes. Yes I can. Because when they need to win, whether it in the fourth quarter or 1st...its always close. *

Wilson may not even be a Top 5 QB right now in playoffs:

1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Allen
4. Jackson
5. Brady

The way Wilson has been struggling, consistently, late in the seasons, he’s not even Top 5 in my rankings right now.

*Good thing your rankings don't matter. That would be like saying everything i say is better than what you say.*

Win or go home!

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey are coming for Wilson!

*Oh no...donald and Ramsey. Didnt they lose like two weeks ago? To some team...cant remember the team name...help me out.*

It's clear you favor other teams claims on Twitter to your own team.
Well, James, if you want to say the Rams lost two weeks ago, I can also say, the Rams won, 23-16 in WK10. And?

That's cool. Who won the NFC west? Not your rams!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":367it15q said:
getnasty":367it15q said:
My thoughts
-I don't think Russ is getting an ass chewing.
-Why won't Pete put an emphasis on turnovers?
-There was a change in philosophy after the Rams game, not only to protect the ball but also to help the defense.
-We've turned the ball over in games we've lost.
-Not exciting to watch but we've won 7 of 8 with Pete ball.
-If Russ wants to be regarded as a great he needs to be better despite the limitations of the offense.
We have also not played many teams worth noting. The only winning team we've played in that period are the Rams, Goff was also injured himself during that game. The Cardinals are 8-8, but they were on a losing streak when we played them -- dropping 6 of their last 9 games. Kyler Murray is also the only notable healthy QB that we've gone against in that span.

Beathard, Colt McCoy, Carson Wentz, injured Goff, Sam Darnold, and Dwayne Hashkins aren't exactly world beaters. So, yes while we won 7 out of 8 I think attributing that to Pete Ball is a bit of a erroneous. The fortunes of the Seahawks defense shifted when we acquired Carlos Dunlap, Flowers got replaced by Reed, and Jamal Adams became healthy. This revised defense also has not faced real competition yet. I think they are good, but not as good as we're seeing at the moment. We're going to have to go through the likes of Brees, Rodgers, or Brady in order to get to the Super Bowl, perhaps two of these guys. You think that what we're doing now is going to cut it against those teams?

This is the problem with Pete Ball, and it has been the problem with it all along. It is punished with extreme prejudice by better teams in the postseason. Last minutes heroics against the 49ers are cool and all, but that kind of play won't cut it against the likes of the Bucs, Saints, or Packers. It's exactly the same thing that has happened to the Seahawks for the last five years now.

AMEN!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3575umlx said:
Sgt. Largent":3575umlx said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3575umlx said:

So he and others can tell us all they want about how he wants to be the greatest QB of all time and win MVP's every year, but IMO that's probably never going to happen, because he's not Aaron Rodgers, he's not Drew Brees, he's not Tom Brady in his prime. Guys that can carry the load game in, game out, year in, year out.

Well at least we are under no illusions that you don't put your feelings and bias first, ahead of facts.

Russ can make every throw. The first 5-6 weeks of the season was indicative of great O-line protection (which is what Rodgers, Brees, etc. gets), and him making pin point accurate throws.

The actual FACTS, shows that Seattle was passing on neutral downs more compared to past years. In fact, even with a decent running game we are still statistically a pass first team. The running game has only been dominant in ONE game, the Washington game. And in that game, Russ accounted for over 40 of those yards.

Also, can you name ONE great QB who has gone far without a running game or defense. Name one, since you're not at all biased. You can't possibly love Russell if you also have an agenda to ignore any and all objective facts that contradict your point.

Why do you and everyone else keep holding up the first five weeks of the season as the holy grail of proof, and not the middle of the season, or the end of the season?

Kinda disingenuous don't you think to not use the sum of the whole of this season, and the past 10 years for that matter as to who Russell is as QB?

You wanna blame Pete for Russell not playing as well as he did the first part of the season? Go ahead, but IMO it's you and others that aren't being honest with yourselves.......because if you were you'd stop typing "WELL WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST FIVE GAMES!!"

As a whole Russell is a fantastic elite QB in the league, but he cannot carry a team on his own, and is far more effective with a good run game and solid defense.

So to just allow him and the offense to be some high flying one dimensional offense throwing the ball all over the place risking turnovers is not a very smart strategy come December and January.

I also find it hilarious that people are calling me out for being a Russell hater, but this entire thread is yet another Pete hate thread.

Hypocrite much?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Russ being a great QB and saying he needs to be better are not mutually exclusive, I don't understand why some people don't get this.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Pete Ball thing worries me for the playoffs and I think it is behind a lot of our struggles in the playoffs since the SB loss.

The military had (has?) a phrase : "Fight like you train". Whatever you spent most of your time preparing and practicing to do, is likely how you will respond in the heat of the moment. You could make the argument this team has honed playing PeteBall to a sharp edge and tends to fall into it. Even when counterproductive.

We have spent at least half the year running this brainless version of offense that does not fully leverage Wilson's strengths.

Considering the impact on the salary cap, elite QBs must produce at an elite level, consistently or at least in the playoffs, to make up for how they hamstring their team's ability to be competitive in other areas.

To expect to go into the playoffs and suddenly expect Wilson to carry this team with his greatness, ignores the reality that we haven't really played that way all year and expecting us to shift gears to suddenly count on being productive with him isn't massively rational.

(Yes, he threw a number of picks in the 'Russ Cook' phase - but as pointed out, he knew that if he did not score TDs he was going to fall behind as his defense was damned sure going to give up TDs. )

PeteBall doesn't seem to work in the playoffs outside of wildcard games. Shifting away from it in the playoffs might be hard because that is what our team is used to playing.

Wilson is a streak-ish QB anyway but this seems to exacerbate it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":74238dlx said:
Scorpion05":74238dlx said:
Sgt. Largent":74238dlx said:
TheLegendOfBoom":74238dlx said:

So he and others can tell us all they want about how he wants to be the greatest QB of all time and win MVP's every year, but IMO that's probably never going to happen, because he's not Aaron Rodgers, he's not Drew Brees, he's not Tom Brady in his prime. Guys that can carry the load game in, game out, year in, year out.

Well at least we are under no illusions that you don't put your feelings and bias first, ahead of facts.

Russ can make every throw. The first 5-6 weeks of the season was indicative of great O-line protection (which is what Rodgers, Brees, etc. gets), and him making pin point accurate throws.

The actual FACTS, shows that Seattle was passing on neutral downs more compared to past years. In fact, even with a decent running game we are still statistically a pass first team. The running game has only been dominant in ONE game, the Washington game. And in that game, Russ accounted for over 40 of those yards.

Also, can you name ONE great QB who has gone far without a running game or defense. Name one, since you're not at all biased. You can't possibly love Russell if you also have an agenda to ignore any and all objective facts that contradict your point.

Why do you and everyone else keep holding up the first five weeks of the season as the holy grail of proof, and not the middle of the season, or the end of the season?

Kinda disingenuous don't you think to not use the sum of the whole of this season, and the past 10 years for that matter as to who Russell is as QB?

You wanna blame Pete for Russell not playing as well as he did the first part of the season? Go ahead, but IMO it's you and others that aren't being honest with yourselves.......because if you were you'd stop typing "WELL WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST FIVE GAMES!!"

As a whole Russell is a fantastic elite QB in the league, but he cannot carry a team on his own, and is far more effective with a good run game and solid defense.

So to just allow him and the offense to be some high flying one dimensional offense throwing the ball all over the place risking turnovers is not a very smart strategy come December and January.

I also find it hilarious that people are calling me out for being a Russell hater, but this entire thread is yet another Pete hate thread.

Hypocrite much?

Well, according to jamescasey, I am also a Wilson hater. Welcome to the club. Those that see things differently, objectively, are labeled haters.

Don’t know why people here aren’t even a little nervous about facing the Rams. McVay has had Carroll’s number for a while now. You don’t want to play your division rivals a third time. Especially, since they are very motivated to play you a third time. This game is going to be physically brutal.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":sv0cnbqo said:
Sgt. Largent":sv0cnbqo said:
Scorpion05":sv0cnbqo said:
Sgt. Largent":sv0cnbqo said:

Hypocrite much?

Well, according to jamescasey, I am also a Wilson hater. Welcome to the club. Those that see things differently, objectively, are labeled haters.

Don’t know why people here aren’t even a little nervous about facing the Rams. McVay has had Carroll’s number for a while now. You don’t want to play your division rivals a third time. Especially, since they are very motivated to play you a third time. This game is going to be physically brutal.

Well when you are hating...expect to be called out for it go ahead a look back through this thread...I called largent a hater too. You guys can have your club and opinions. So will i... but dont get but hurt cuz someone called you on your bs.

I'm not worried about the rams. Dont care what the past says. The best point is that neither you or me control who wins this next playoff game. Rams or Seahawks. Not last week, not the superbowl, not any game the seahawks have played. All we can do is talk about it.

What is the point of being worried about something you cant control? Instead of sitting back and enjoying what the team is doing?

Oh I know...you'll be here...on the board for days talking about I told you so...

Still I dont see it. Go hawks!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who isn't nervous about facing the Rams? It's the playoff's, there's always going to be nervous excitement.
But it's a hell of a lot better than doom and gloom.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3e09b30y said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3e09b30y said:
Sgt. Largent":3e09b30y said:
Scorpion05":3e09b30y said:

Hypocrite much?

Well when you are hating...expect to be called out for it go ahead a look back through this thread...I called largent a hater too. You guys can have your club and opinions. So will i... but dont get but hurt cuz someone called you on your bs.

I'm not worried about the rams. Dont care what the past says. The best point is that neither you or me control who wins this next playoff game. Rams or Seahawks. Not last week, not the superbowl, not any game the seahawks have played. All we can do is talk about it.

What is the point of being worried about something you cant control? Instead of sitting back and enjoying what the team is doing?

Oh I know...you'll be here...on the board for days talking about I told you so...

Not that I care or anything, and I can always count on you to rub people here the wrong way, but didn’t you say you had enough of the people here, and you were tired of explaining to everyone, that you are smarter than everyone, so you decided to leave? Why are you back, if you despise everyone on here so much?

I also recall you got banned?

How did you manage to get reinstated?

Can you give Josh Gordon some reinstatement pointers?

Thanks!

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
We all know what Carroll is by now.

Run first, ball control, good defense

Outscoring teams 45-42 doesn't work as well in the playoffs.

I don't know what happened to Rusty - marital stuff, death in the family, maybe just some off games.

He's a really good quarterback. He's not an all time great at this point.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1nmnmwwn said:
jamescasey1124":1nmnmwwn said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1nmnmwwn said:
Sgt. Largent":1nmnmwwn said:

Hypocrite much?

Not that I care or anything, and I can always count on you to rub people here the wrong way, but didn’t you say you had enough of the people here, and you were tired of explaining to everyone, that you are smarter than everyone, so you decided to leave? Why are you back, if you despise everyone on here so much?

Thanks!

Actually...
While you are pointing that out...
I said what I said and maybe you need to reread it. Because I never said any of that until someone else claimed I was smarter than everyone else. Which was not my words. But it's cool you keep me in mind.

Yes i did get banned, but here i am to clean up your whining ass posts to describe our team on how you view it to be so poorly, even though they are winning.

Man I'm glad to be here today. Maybe i can get banned again cussing you out and the mods out.

Haha.

Oh I dont rub on anyone by the way. That's a little far fetched. I'm more than willing to give you the business when you make ignorant comments though.

As far as reinstated...idk...go ask your friends. I talked to your mom and she gave me the ok.

Funny how that works.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2bo9zxva said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2bo9zxva said:
jamescasey1124":2bo9zxva said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2bo9zxva said:

Thanks!

Yes i did get banned, but here i am to clean up your whining ass posts to describe our team on how you view it to be so poorly, even though they are winning.

Man I'm glad to be here today. Maybe i can get banned again cussing you out and the mods out.

Haha.

Oh I dont rub on anyone by the way. That's a little far fetched. I'm more than willing to give you the business when you make ignorant comments though.

As far as reinstated...idk...go ask your friends. I talked to your mom and she gave me the ok.

Funny how that works.

Please, by all means, feel absolutely free to do so....I’m sure the mods will enjoy that.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ha8vtd7d said:
jamescasey1124":ha8vtd7d said:
TheLegendOfBoom":ha8vtd7d said:
jamescasey1124":ha8vtd7d said:

Thanks!

Haha.

Funny how that works.

Please, by all means, feel absolutely free to do so....I’m sure the mods will enjoy that.

There we go...atleast we agree on something. See seahawks fans. Compromise does exist.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":8c656adk said:

Which part of what I said is BS?

A. The Russell's an elite top 5 QB
B. Russell's a future HOF QB
C. Russell plays better with a good defense and run game
D. I don't think he's on the same level as Rodgers and Brees and Brady in their prime
E. My names jamescasey and I really don't know what I'm yelling about but it feels amazing