Firmly believe Pete behind Russell's Struggles

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok. It's better I just don't talk about this subject any more. It's not worth it, and it never accomplishes anything.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":x7yueoqs said:
It's ok. It's better I just don't talk about this subject any more. It's not worth it, and it never accomplishes anything.

I jus5t foed the blissful people and only even reply if someone I have not foed does and I read it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1hquk3bj said:
Here we go again. He carried the team to victory in the 4th quarter, AGAIN. 12th win of the season.
They scored 20, 20, and 26 against 3 top 10 defenses.
But yeah, he's "struggling"
The team in general was VERY flat for most of the first 3 quarters. But they scored 20 points in the 4th quarter. Why does it matter how they WON? Why is it always on Russ as the reason the offense struggles? What about horrific play calling? Can he play better, hell yes. But after 9 years of this, plenty are still whining and moaning about the guy after WINS. They don't win this game, and they are not even close to 12-4 w/out him. Period. We have seen ugly first half play and scoring for YEARS, why surprised when they turn it on in the 2nd half? This is nothing new. It's annoying, but it's how they do things.

4,212 Yards
40 Touchdowns

13 Picks

Yeah, what a "struggle" he has had this season. His Pass blocking has been horrific at times this year.

I see a piece of the picture in a lot of these posts, and it's not one thing. Russ had a stellar start. We lost Pocic and all of our running backs and the passing game struggled, can't really put it all on Russ, but he is the one with the ball making decisions. A porous line, weaker running backs and some poor decisions by Russ resulted in a spate of interceptions and losses.

I don't know about an ass chewing, but I guarantee Pete and Russ and Schottie had a discussion about how to handle that going forward. Pete told Russ to be more careful with the ball, and it shows in the number of sacks and throwaways. While we now have the running backs, our Oline is still banged up, Obeghuie (sp) is new and Iupati is out. So I think "careful football" is what we will see and is our best chance to win.

Maybe if we get healthy Shel and Iupati back we see some Russ cooking in the playoffs, but not until they show they can protect.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1hm1bber said:
Russ isn't an all time great? Now THAT is funny.
You're not supposed to drink the bong water.

Really? your not supposed to drink bong water? LMAO!!!

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wn2iub2 said:
jamescasey1124":2wn2iub2 said:
This is where you lost me. Not sure why it's hard to figure out. Though you stated he was elite...you went on to say he will never be them, while at the same time he is shattering their person stats and beating ahead of those state at this time in his career aside bradys 6 superbowls. More wins, more tds, less interceptions-minus competing with rodgers low interception clip. But hey you do you boo boo.

Like I said you and legend of whom can have you seahawks suck pity party and the hawks will do fine even when you are b!@ch about nothingness.

I didn't say never, I said "probably," and this year proved it out. When Carson went down and the defense was still playing terrible, Russell had 10 turnovers in five games, and we lost four of those games........and most importantly the offense (under Pete) was still trying to play the same way it played in the first five games.

So sorry, no I do not think he's at the level of those players, and probably never will be. But he's close. If they're 1a, he's 1b.

Does Pete have something to do with that? Some, but I'm not ready to absolve Russell from taking the brunt of the blame, especially with some of his bad decisions for games, and even stretches of seasons.

It's why he hasn't received an MVP vote, he's not at the level of Mahomes and Rodgers, or other QB's that carried their teams for entire seasons to #1 seeds and SB's.

So yeah, blame Pete, but if we're handing out blame, Russell's 80% and Pete and his offense is 20% for me.

I think this issue was multifaceted... it was a bit of a bunch of things but I'm unsure why it's an issue at this point I mean yeah they made the adjustments they needed to make and it's not even relevant at this point. is it?

LTH

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lndfnch said:
4 or 5 times a game? In to triple coverage? I bet you weren't saying that at all when he was moving them up and down the field on back to back to back touchdown drives.

I give up...…...

I was going to talk on this too...no way in hell does he throw 4 or 5 passes a game that I'm like what the hell was that. Not even one a game. Instead I see what he was trying to do and what actually happened. Dbl and triple coverage...really? How? When most of you clamor about him holding onto it for so long he takes a sack. I suppose you see some plays I dont see...by the way I watch every play...where he makes throws to the middle of the field where there only defenders like the back up on the cards did against the rams.

I will even venture to say that all of his interceptions were a result of great corner play instead of a russ throwing error.

You are talking about one of the must accurate passers of all time and you have to be shitting me he makes 4 to 5 bad passes a game. Specially since he goes far out of his way to throw away from defenders. Which is what you see in his overthrows.

*that's not aimed at soul, but largent and legend of whom*

StoneCold

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":qboebj9z said:
SoulfishHawk":qboebj9z said:
4 or 5 times a game? In to triple coverage? I bet you weren't saying that at all when he was moving them up and down the field on back to back to back touchdown drives.

I give up...…...

I was going to talk on this too...no way in hell does he throw 4 or 5 passes a game that I'm like what the hell was that. Not even one a game. Instead I see what he was trying to and what actually happened. Dbl and triple coverage...really? How? When most of you clamor about him holding onto it for so long he takes a sack. I suppose you see some plays I dont see...by the way I watch every play...where he makes throws to the middle of the field where there only defenders like the back up on the cards did against the rams.

I will even venture to say that all of his interceptions were a result of great corner play instead of a russ throwing error.

You are talking about one of the must accurate passers of all time and you have to be $h!t me he makes 4 to 5 bad passes a game. Specially since he goes far out of his way to throw away from defenders. Which is what you see in his overthrows.

Interception to Buddah Baker. is all on Russ. Sent out a floater to a wide open receiver, but he never saw Buddah. I mostly agee with you, but there was a stretch from game 5 to 9 or 10, when Russell had more head scratching plays than I've seen from him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":bnxdiil4 said:
Sgt. Largent":bnxdiil4 said:
jamescasey1124":bnxdiil4 said:
This is where you lost me. Not sure why it's hard to figure out. Though you stated he was elite...you went on to say he will never be them, while at the same time he is shattering their person stats and beating ahead of those state at this time in his career aside bradys 6 superbowls. More wins, more tds, less interceptions-minus competing with rodgers low interception clip. But hey you do you boo boo.

Like I said you and legend of whom can have you seahawks suck pity party and the hawks will do fine even when you are b!@ch about nothingness.

I didn't say never, I said "probably," and this year proved it out. When Carson went down and the defense was still playing terrible, Russell had 10 turnovers in five games, and we lost four of those games........and most importantly the offense (under Pete) was still trying to play the same way it played in the first five games.

So sorry, no I do not think he's at the level of those players, and probably never will be. But he's close. If they're 1a, he's 1b.

Does Pete have something to do with that? Some, but I'm not ready to absolve Russell from taking the brunt of the blame, especially with some of his bad decisions for games, and even stretches of seasons.

It's why he hasn't received an MVP vote, he's not at the level of Mahomes and Rodgers, or other QB's that carried their teams for entire seasons to #1 seeds and SB's.

So yeah, blame Pete, but if we're handing out blame, Russell's 80% and Pete and his offense is 20% for me.

I think this issue was multifaceted... it was a bit of a bunch of things but I'm unsure why it's an issue at this point I mean yeah they made the adjustments they needed to make and it's not even relevant at this point. is it?

LTH

I didn't start the thread, but I do think the offensive not looking as sharp as IMO they need to in order to win in the playoffs is indeed an issue.

Especially true if we lose Reed and possibly Adams playing with one arm. Maybe we can squeak by LA, but if the offense doesn't start cranking it up, then I highly doubt we're rolling into NO or GB and winning.

Is Pete "firmly behind Russell's struggles?" No.........Russell has full command of the offense AND is every bit a part of the gameplanning and playcalling. So anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10f5j4dy said:
LTH":10f5j4dy said:
Sgt. Largent":10f5j4dy said:
jamescasey1124":10f5j4dy said:

LTH

I didn't start the thread, but I do think the offensive not looking as sharp as IMO they need to in order to win in the playoffs is indeed an issue.

Especially true if we lose Reed and possibly Adams playing with one arm. Maybe we can squeak by LA, but if the offense doesn't start cranking it up, then I highly doubt we're rolling into NO or GB and winning.

Is Pete "firmly behind Russell's struggles?" No.........Russell has full command of the offense AND is every bit a part of the gameplanning and playcalling. So anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves.

I just think its more complicated than it being all on Russ... I think they just need to get back to running the ball that to me is the issue... If they can run the ball effectively and pick their shots down field they will be ok... as far as the D I'm not worried about it...

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":20f4e1hd said:
I just think its more complicated than it being all on Russ... I think they just need to get back to running the ball that to me is the issue... If they can run the ball effectively and pick their shots down field they will be ok... as far as the D I'm not worried about it...LTH

I didn't say all, I said I'd put it about 80%.

If you or others think it's less, great. But it's not 100% Pete that's for sure. This offense is a three headed monster, Pete, Russ and Schotty. All three are in every single gameplan meeting all week installing the week's offense.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
"Pete ball" = a formula for winning close games. I don't believe RW is struggling at all. Just playing vanilla O.

Russell's struggles, if he's truly struggling, may just be the team dialling down the film they are putting out there and sandbagging a bit to be ready for the playoffs. Don't show anything more than vanilla conceptually.

When the team needs RW to dial it up amazingly he can do just that it which causes me to think it could be intentional.

It'd be nice to also have a RT that can be depended upon to pass block. This something RW hasn't truly had for the last 5 games.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
StoneCold":q8o3qe60 said:
jamescasey1124":q8o3qe60 said:
SoulfishHawk":q8o3qe60 said:

I give up...…...

I was going to talk on this too...no way in hell does he throw 4 or 5 passes a game that I'm like what the hell was that. Not even one a game. Instead I see what he was trying to and what actually happened. Dbl and triple coverage...really? How? When most of you clamor about him holding onto it for so long he takes a sack. I suppose you see some plays I dont see...by the way I watch every play...where he makes throws to the middle of the field where there only defenders like the back up on the cards did against the rams.

You are talking about one of the must accurate passers of all time and you have to be $h!t me he makes 4 to 5 bad passes a game. Specially since he goes far out of his way to throw away from defenders. Which is what you see in his overthrows.

Interception to Buddah Baker. is all on Russ. Sent out a floater to a wide open receiver, but he never saw Buddah. I mostly agee with you, but there was a stretch from game 5 to 9 or 10, when Russell had more head scratching plays than I've seen from him.

Ehh not even that one cuz you can see what he was throwing to...avoiding the original defender and not seeing budda. Baker is a hell of a safety though and I agree with you. He had a stretch of some weird passes trying to force the situation. By no means is he lesser of a qb than anyone else in this league because we have see that from many players. Like brady in the SB against us. Didnt see lane sitting underneath and threw it right at him. Interception and that play lane got injured and went out the rest of the game because the low tackle.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1pz3ndjd said:
"Pete ball" = a formula for winning close games. I don't believe RW is struggling at all. Just playing vanilla O.

Russell's struggles, if he's truly struggling, may just be the team dialling down the film they are putting out there and sandbagging a bit to be ready for the playoffs. Don't show anything more than vanilla conceptually.

When the team needs RW to dial it up amazingly he can do just that it which causes me to think it could be intentional.

It'd be nice to also have a RT that can be depended upon to pass block. This something RW hasn't truly had for the last 5 games.

I thought the same thing in the back of my mind...but I was afraid to say it because if you think about it it's a VERY arrogant thing to do... I want to believe it... but... it just seems out there...If they are that good then it shouldnt matter whats on tape...

LTH

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wviv29g said:
LTH":1wviv29g said:
I just think its more complicated than it being all on Russ... I think they just need to get back to running the ball that to me is the issue... If they can run the ball effectively and pick their shots down field they will be ok... as far as the D I'm not worried about it...LTH

If you or others think it's less, great. But it's not 100% Pete that's for sure. This offense is a three headed monster, Pete, Russ and Schotty. All three are in every single gameplan meeting all week installing the week's offense.

It's not a 3 headed monster. If you count russ you need to count the other ten. Plus playing is separate from coaching from Playcalling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just double checking, you guys do realize this is a 12-4 team playing a HUGE playoff game on Saturday right?
Let's Rock :irishdrinkers:

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2c963uee said:

Funny...I made a thread about this being a possibility that Pete is under scheming to not tip our hand to teams in order to destroy teams in the playoffs. Are you in my head? Haha.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2n4cr6hr said:
Sgt. Largent":2n4cr6hr said:
LTH":2n4cr6hr said:

It's not a 3 headed monster. If you count russ you need to count the other ten. Plus playing is separate from coaching from Playcalling.

If you think this, then you don't understand how NFL football works.

During the week game film is reviewed, issues are brought up to make notes to correct during team and position grouping meetings. Then the coach and coordinators meet to install next week's gameplan.

Of which now Russell is 100% a part of, not the other 10 offensive players. This is normal for any franchise QB of Russell's stature of competency. He is involved in the week to week scheming, gameplanning and playcalling. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a part of his contract negotiations during the last extension.

He wanted to get paid and he wanted a bigger role within the offense and how it's run, and he got it.

Latest posts