Is Clowney a dirty player?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ep77hds said:
No thanks, it gets old when EVERY time the Hawks win a big game, the excuses start rolling out.
Plus, I like talking smack about the 9ers, and I'm sure it goes the other way. :2thumbs:

Said this multiple times in a few different ways in the other thread, but I think you're collapsing two questions, for which I have two different answers.

QUESTION 1:

Was the play dirty or not? Yes, I believe it was very dirty. Does that make Clowney a "dirty player?" I didn't watch him enough on the Texans to say, so I have no idea. I just think the play was VERY dirty (see Reed on the same play for how this is usually done multiple times per game).

QUESTION 2:

Did that play taint the Seahawks vicitory? LOL, no, whatever. I'm sure Eagles fans insist it did but who the heck knows what happens if that play doesn't happen? Maybe Wentz ends up throwing four picks and the Seahawks win by a blowout instead of a smaller margin. Who the heck knows. Players do grimey crap sometimes and calls are missed sometimes but every time we're left with the game as it actually happened. Full stop. Claims of tainted losses are made by multiple fanbases every week. I'm entirely unmoved by them. :2thumbs:

TreeRon

Reaction score
"to make primary contact with the crown of his helmet in the back of Wentz's helmet."

Actually it appears to me that Clowney's shoulder makes primary contact with Wentz's back first.

BTW IMO if that play happens to Russ, he gets up, no problem. We need to acknowledge that RW is just one tough cookie ala Brett Favre.

Seymour

Reaction score
ClippedBird":xhanwr26 said:
If he wasn't deemed a dirty player before this game, he most certainly will be now. The hit was most definitely cheap and was done for a reason. Carson was already diving to the ground giving himself up. Clowney is a clown and he will get his.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1213950499210301441

Nice username!! I suggest not attempting to drive with those blinders on. Enjoy your off season! :irishdrinkers:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ClippedBird

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tfy2vh1 said:
Whatever gets you thru the day. You lost, no need to start making excuses.

Did I complain that the Eagles lost and use that as an excuse? I did not. The Seahawks were the better team but come on man. Clowney cheated us out of an opportunity, plain and simple. Karma is a mofo. Go Packers!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

He became a runner when he took a dive forward. He should have slid. But because he's a QB, it's not ok to hit a guy in a football game?

Karma? Yep, clearly an Eagle's fan. Enjoy yet another offseason and watching the Hawks in the playoffs next week.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But he should apologize for what he said about the fans. That was all on him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1c3sck88 said:

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But everyone knows that Philly fans are the worst in the world. That's totally justified.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Apologize to Philly fans? Meh
That has been one of if not THE worst fanbase full of psycho's for decades. Clowney is 100 percent accurate.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2n0e3xp0 said:

I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
ClippedBird":gxtrp0b4 said:
SoulfishHawk":gxtrp0b4 said:

Did I complain that the Eagles lost and use that as an excuse? I did not. The Seahawks were the better team but come on man. Clowney cheated us out of an opportunity, plain and simple. Karma is a mofo. Go Packers!

There is no history of this and he's a stand up good dude, so shut the pie hole on this pathetic sniveling BS! :177692:

Maybe McCown can lead you and Wentz in a sniveling fest!

You poor people all need a hug!! :twisted:

Thumb 13 1024x537

ClippedBird

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xqqimnq said:
Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

He became a runner when he took a dive forward. He should have slid. But because he's a QB, it's not ok to hit a guy in a football game?

Karma? Yep, clearly an Eagle's fan. Enjoy yet another offseason and watching the Hawks in the playoffs next week.

Nothing on offense with him in the game? All 9 minutes.

It is OK to hit a player in a football game. It is NOT OK to blatantly spear another players head into the hard turf when they have clearly gave themselves up and were on the way to the ground.

Karma will be in full effect on Sunday night in Lambeau. I usually hope for a close playoff game when the Eagles are not playing but not this time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
If I was an Eagles fan, I would be upset as well. If it had happened to RW, we would be livid.

However, it was not dirty. Just unfortunate.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Seymour":34ipstjw said:
ClippedBird":34ipstjw said:
SoulfishHawk":34ipstjw said:

There is no history of this and he's a stand up good dude, so shut the pie hole on this pathetic sniveling BS! :177692:

Maybe McCown can lead you and Wentz in a sniveling fest!

You poor people all need a hug!! :twisted:

Thumb 13 1024x537

Stand up dude my @zz. Clowney is a cheap shot punk! If this happened to Russell how would you be reacting?

gettyimages-1197715562.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You're moaning to the wrong group of people.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21q2ciun said:
If I was an Eagles fan, I would be upset as well. If it had happened to RW, we would be livid.

However, it was not dirty. Just unfortunate.

Can't happen to Wilson, he is still on his recovery water regimen! :irishdrinkers:

Wilson 13xeklp0p319r1bkv11o2aeui1

ClippedBird

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tjv811c said:
Why would it even be up for debate? That fanbase? Their tears are extra delish today.

That is ok. Yours will be especially delish come sunday night.

Packers promo articleLarge

Uncle Si

Reaction score
An Eagles fan pulling for the Packers. He must be a new fan.

The trash talk and overall whinging needs to move to the Shack.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Mad Dog":x282wjzl said:
SantaClaraHawk":x282wjzl said:

But everyone knows that Philly fans are the worst in the world. That's totally justified.

Clowney is not only dirty but also an instigator. The worse fans in the world. How original.

gettyimages-1197715562.jpg