Is Clowney a dirty player?

Seymour

Reaction score
Cheap shot punk??

Please guide me toward the history on this losers?!

It's over. Take your lickin' like a man and go cry to moma.....we aren't buying it!! :177692: :pukeface:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CHawk":ny7bp89k said:
I wouldn't put it past the Eagles fans to do something like make death threats

Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:

ClippedBird

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mglh46in said:
If someone wants to convince themselves that he all the sudden is a dirty player, have at it.
Good luck with that.

gettyimages-1197715562.jpg

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Popeyejones":34nvzp7c said:
CHawk":34nvzp7c said:

Cool hypothetical.

Do you think Clowney calling Eagles fans the "worst fanbase in the world" after beating their team and knocking their QB out of the game on what many believe was a dirty play INCREASES or DECREASES the chance that some jamoke would do wrong and make a death threat?

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... :lol:

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

Seymour

Reaction score
ClippedBird":1jwpsx2k said:
Popeyejones":1jwpsx2k said:
CHawk":1jwpsx2k said:

Cool hypothetical.

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain
. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

Nope!!

Same group as you snivelers....he a 40whiner lookin' for a reason to whine. :49ersmall: :pukeface:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
CHawk":3fmhw7z1 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3fmhw7z1 said:
I'm not comfortable with the hit being a no-call but I realize opinions differ.

Where they shouldn't, though, is with Clowney's telling the press that Philly fans were the "worst in the world" and insinuating death threats. C'mon now. I've read the Twitter and their boards. They're extremely upset, but no one's posing pictures of weapons with his name on it or pledging to go out to PNW and f him up. If anyone thinks "I wouldn't be sad if he's hurt or worse in Green Bay" is the same, I think that person is emotionally 13 and just creating drama.

He doesn't need to apologize for the hit. The adjudication of that was on the refs, not him.

But he should apologize for what he said about the fans. That was all on him.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

If individual fans are making death threats he thinks are credible, he can handle it by reporting to Twitter and or going to law enforcement. But to say the Eagles fanbase are the "worst fans in the world" and bringing in "death threats" is incredulous.

Like I said, the hit was adjudicated. He's not the refs. He can't help it being a no-call.

But he could help what he said afterward. Which should have been limited to "it was a bang-bang, and I did not mean to injure that person specifically." Same as what ET said after the Mason Rudolph hit.

There was no need to make it about a whole fanbase.

He should apologize, not for the hit, but for his absolutely unnecessary dig at that fanbase.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
classicaaron":1zt341ys said:
not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.

I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse.

You can be that silly. Did Russell get knocked out of the game? Also, Barnett let up a lot on that hit.

Seymour

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3p9agh3u said:
classicaaron":3p9agh3u said:
not a dirty player at all. I mean wasn't the late hit on Russell much worse. the eagles dude took three full steps and drilled him in the ribs. that was more intentional but yet no one is calling him dirty. you cant judge the character of a player just strictly based on the outcome. its unfortunate he got hurt but that's football. he was running and Clowney got a hit on him which is what every defensive player is paid to do. just a flukey injury.

You can be that silly. Did Russell get knocked out of the game? Also, Barnett let up a lot on that hit.

So your measurement for how dirty of a play it was is measured by how big of a pussy the player is then?

Go it!!

:snack:

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
No, Wilson did not get did not get knocked out of the game. So it sounds to me that you should be mad at you own QB for not protecting himself and not sliding.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Chipped, Popeye is a 49ers fan :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: (Though he brings a ton to the table)
Don't go away mad, just go away.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3gnj159u said:
CHawk":3gnj159u said:

Cool hypothetical.

IMO if Clowney was actually worried about a death threat he wouldn't say what someone would say if they were trying to provoke one... [emoji38]
I live in PA, yes they are the worse fan base.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
ClippedBird":b8wd9f0k said:
If he wasn't deemed a dirty player before this game, he most certainly will be now. The hit was most definitely cheap and was done for a reason. Carson was already diving to the ground giving himself up. Clowney is a clown and he will get his.

Holy “way to spin it” Batman

Most skewed view I an imagine.

ClippedBird

Reaction score
Seymour":lp6jtk0i said:
ClippedBird":lp6jtk0i said:
classicaaron":lp6jtk0i said:

So your measurement for how dirty of a play it was is measured by how big of a pu$$y the player is then?

Go it!!

TO call CW a pu$$y is ridiculous. Let's put on a helmet on you, take a 280 pound man and drive his helmet into yours and then to the turf. Your pu$$ @ss would probably die.

And yes, Barnett is a dirty player and that was a dirty play as well. Barnett is a dirty player just like your boy Clowney is. The proof is in what your eyes see.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Literally every single ex-player and media person is saying it wasn't intentional but should have been a penalty.

cymatica

Reaction score
ClippedBird":fpz4iu20 said:
SoulfishHawk":fpz4iu20 said:
Cheated? They did absolutely NOTHING on offense with him IN THE GAME.

He became a runner when he took a dive forward. He should have slid. But because he's a QB, it's not ok to hit a guy in a football game?

Karma? Yep, clearly an Eagle's fan. Enjoy yet another offseason and watching the Hawks in the playoffs next week.

Nothing on offense with him in the game? All 9 minutes.

It is OK to hit a player in a football game. It is NOT OK to blatantly spear another players head into the hard turf when they have clearly gave themselves up and were on the way to the ground.

Karma will be in full effect on Sunday night in Lambeau. I usually hope for a close playoff game when the Eagles are not playing but not this time.

He didn't give himself up AT ALL. He was running, got tripped up and fell forward exactly at the same time as Clowney was diving at him from behind to prevent a 1st down run. The play didn't even look bad in real time, and it's no wonder you have to use a still shot to make your argument.

Wentz was playing like trash in those 9 minutes, and he has always struggled against Seattle. Seattle also has a history of making backup QBs look like all pros. So Clowney actually helped the Eagles not get blown out, you should thank him

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ClippedBird":12g6yozj said:
Popeyejones":12g6yozj said:
CHawk":12g6yozj said:

Cool hypothetical.

Wow. An actual Seahawk fan typing with their brain. Thank you Popeyejones. Clowney is a clown and saying those things shows how ignorant he is.

I'm not a Seahawks fan. Just a 9ers fan who has happened to post here for the last seven years.

I'm one of "the good ones" whenever my opinions happen to align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (e.g. the non-call on Warner for DPI last week, which was obviously a bad call IMO), and a "damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives" whenever my opinions happen to not align with what's flattering to Seahawks fans in the moment (the non-call on Clowney for a very dirty that he should have been ejected for IMO).

Unlike last week when I was arguing against my team's win I'm now a damn dirty 9ers fan with ulterior motives again. :roll: :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even close to intentional. Certainly it could have been called, but you see these kinds of hits all the time not getting called. Also, the OBVIOUS offsides that was ignored by the refs cost the Hawks a chance to get a TD.
60 minute game, they get some right and get some wrong.

Seymour

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3sk8bhpx said:
Seymour":3sk8bhpx said:
ClippedBird":3sk8bhpx said:
classicaaron":3sk8bhpx said:

So your measurement for how dirty of a play it was is measured by how big of a pu$$y the player is then?

Go it!!

TO call CW a pu$$y is ridiculous. Let's put on a helmet on you, take a 280 pound man and drive his helmet into yours and then to the turf. Your pu$$ @ss would probably die.

And yes, Barnett is a dirty player and that was a dirty play as well. Barnett is a dirty player just like your boy Clowney is. The proof is in what your eyes see.

Makes about as much sense as calling a player dirty because their QB was knocked out of the game!

If Wentz doesn't get knocked out of the game, we never hear word one from you whiners. :177692:

That means you are hell bent to avenge the results of the play, not the play itself that happens every week!

Gotta eat again....losing my breakfast for the 3rd time. :pukeface:

Hawkman90

Reaction score
Right... I've watched this incident alot of times now and my conclusion is that wentz was never giving himself up what happened was that mcdougald tripped wentz and clowney has went for the tackle for him literally milliseconds after, if mcdougald doesn't trip wentz clowney has a clean tackle the helmet hit only occurs when clowney tries to roll out of it when wentz starts going down.... Watch it in normal speed there is no way its dirty just unfortunate

Latest posts