Is Pete losing it?

hawker84

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1o381knm said:
JustTheTip":1o381knm said:
Not losing, lost a long time ago.

Sure. Forget that we were 12-4 last season. But that was a million years ago, eh?

Ya? How'd that work out for us again? Or the year before, or the year before, etc...

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Wait, what's this? Negativity towards Pete?! Sound the alarm!

Nobody panic! Take your 20cc of Copium, fawn over the 2013 season, and try to find something, anything positive to take away from this game.

Defense played decent? Got it.

Hey at least the defense was great!

Now go! Defend Carroll to the bitter end! Tell those other mean "Seahawk fans" that they're fanboying Russell, are not real fans or if they remember the dreaded 1992 Season!

Now fly my monkeys! FLY!!!

redromo

Reaction score
chris98251":20qm0fth said:
Russell needs some Holmgren type tough love, sorry he gets way to much leeway, run the offense the way it is supposed to be run, run the plays called unless the defenders are stacked to stop it.

Parcells would have chewed Wilson up and spit him out, Knox would have benched him simply to prove you are not bigger then the team.

:ditto:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1g4ve7dc said:
It isn't a lie if it is true.

Pete is over the hill.

But nobody should be that upset about losing to GB in GB.

It should be expected when your QB is not only injured but playing his first game after being out so long.

Pete isn't the caliber of the Ram's coach, who could somehow win a playoff game on the road with an injured QB and a rookie QB. Pete is always going to be a gameday disadvantage unless his motivational skills can offset his tactical/strategic ineptitude.

Expecting Pete to somehow win this with an off-target Wilson is pretty ridiculous.

(Though not as ridiculous as the people clinging to the delusion that Geno would have given us a better chance to win.)

But how do you lose a game in GB only down 3-0 at halftime?

- by allowing your QB to dictate when he can play or not, Russell should not have played yesterday

- by not understanding the magnitude of being 3-5 on the road and being more aggressive by going for it instead of punting, twice inside the Packers half of the field.

- By continuing to poorly manage your time outs, challenges and the clock.

So sorry, Pete's not off the hook for this one just because we were on the road in GB and Russell was still hurt. That was a winnable game if we had competent coaching.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete absolutely could have made Russ a week. Now Russ is somehow putting himself above the team. :roll:
Because he's clearly the only player who came back early from an injury.........
Pete has lost this team, and it's been that way for a long while.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
PNW":1jx1v276 said:
How can this man run our team if he can’t tell the difference between an old flip phone or a challenge flag :lol:

During his interview on ESPN 710 this morning (BTW I dont even know why I listened to it because its generally more of the same every week). But he talked about how during the 4th down to punt he was spending too much time to figure out things with the refs and had to quickly make a decision to punt. It really does make me wonder if he really is getting too old and his reaction times are slowing down enough to the point it is a detriment. I mean many people have already made claims he's terrible about his playcall timing and management of timeouts.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The season is a wrap.

Carroll will get more years unfortunately.

Seahawks ownership is just terrible.

It all starts with Jody Allen totally mismanaging this team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3lq3vepf said:
The season is a wrap.

So the question is: If Jody Allen has little to no desire to run the team, and is mismanaging it, is it still worth it she stay owner or sell?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3st9pu0f said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3st9pu0f said:
The season is a wrap.

So the question is: If Jody Allen has little to no desire to run the team, and is mismanaging it, is it still worth it she stay owner or sell?
I personally like for her to sell the team if she has no desire to put the team in the best position to win with the way the NFL is played in the year 2021 and so on.

There’s absolutely no need for her to own this team if all she cares about is letting Carroll run the team into the ground.

But I’m not sure how many billionaires are interested in buying NFL teams.

classicaaron

Reaction score
i think both him and Russ have lost it. i dont know how many times both of them said the game came down to two bad plays. are they too close to the situation to realize it was probably more like 20 bad plays. even if those plays execute how does Pete expect to win games 10-3 in todays nfl when scores are 35-28. he kept saying it was 3-0 in the 4th quarter we had them right where we wanted them. that is so delusional. the fact you held any team to only 3 is a fluke. the fact they didnt have 20 points by that point is a complete failure and they should never expect to win a game in such a manner.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ufa8pfo8 said:
The season is a wrap.

Teams rarely make changes mid season, she has a team of people assessing things just as Paul did and give her reports and their opinions, just like she has in the Blazers organization. Mora had a leash also and when changes were needed they happened but not when us as fans wanted.

We have to bite the bullet for now as fans, you have to be doing something really bad to get fired mid season.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":ddwrvsaw said:
TheLegendOfBoom":ddwrvsaw said:
The season is a wrap.

Teams rarely make changes mid season, she has a team of people assessing things just as Paul did and give her reports and their opinions, just like she has in the Blazers organization. Mora had a leash also and when changes were needed they happened but not when us as fans wanted.

We have to bite the bullet for now as fans, you have to be doing something really bad to get fired mid season.

In Jody we trust, she need to react at some point, but this is not the time.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":ib2f7efb said:
Dark,

You know I am considered a 'Wilson hater' here right? Fanboy for Wilson? yeah...
( I am not, btw, but far far from a 'fanboy')

You also know I wanted to keep Wilson out of both the GB and Cards game.

But thinking Geno would have resulted in anything but a loss? Laughable.

Yes Geno should have played. We would have lost. Not just because of Geno but because of all the things GB is better than us at on that list. Notably much better game day coaching.

There was little circumstance we would have won because we were outclassed in so many ways before the kickoff. The Packers are an 8 win team. We are a 3 win team. They are on top of their division, we are at the bottom. Losing to us is like losing the Bengals, it can happen but it isn't likely.

We are in a tier with the Dolphins and Jets. Not Packers and Rams.
This is such mind-numbing reductive thinking. We were not 'outclassed' in any sense in the ACTUAL GAME except on offense.

Thinking Geno might have resulted in anything but a loss is not 'laughable' it's actually reasonable because I expect Geno would have given us equivalent points to what any normal NFL level QB (backup or not) is capable of which would have put us SQUARELY in the game.

There was not 'little' circumstance we would have won. We were down by three up to the fourth quarter! Why do you keep talking about hypothetical Packers team that dominated us when the real Packers team did anything but?

Rodgers nearly threw two pick-6s before the first quarter was even over.

The real problem with this team, the real frustration, the real reason Pete needs to go is NOT because we are not in a tier with the Rams and Packers. It's because we easily could be if we had a coach who was willing to adjust, change, and knew how to manage a game. We are a 3-6 team but we could EASILY be a 6-3 team right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Solid post dark. Everyone has their opinions. But so many refuse to look at the biggest problem with this team: COACHING. With a lack of discipline as a close 2nd.
They have literally handed away 3 or 4 games this year. Period. Well coached teams don't do that.
They won 12 games last year, despite having iffy at best coaching at times. But, that's more Russ saving Pete, like he has been doing for years. And yes, Russ struggled big time mid season last year.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
toffee":2ynzawrb said:
chris98251":2ynzawrb said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ynzawrb said:
The season is a wrap.

And what exactly has Jody done with the Seahawks to earn the "In Jody we trust"? Paul made moves when he had to and let the football people run things otherwise. Jody has only maintained the rapidly spiraling status quo.

chris98251

Reaction score
JustTheTip":1l13w4tx said:
toffee":1l13w4tx said:
chris98251":1l13w4tx said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1l13w4tx said:
The season is a wrap.

And what exactly has Jody done with the Seahawks to earn the "In Jody we trust"? Paul made moves when he had to and let the football people run things otherwise. Jody has only maintained the rapidly spiraling status quo.

You do not know nor I what is being discussed right now, I would wager they are discussing things however. When something looks bad it pops up in the next days meeting list no matter what you run.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":321b0vzf said:
JustTheTip":321b0vzf said:
toffee":321b0vzf said:
chris98251":321b0vzf said:

You do not know nor I what is being discussed right now, I would wager they are discussing things however. When something looks bad it pops up in the next days meeting list no matter what you run.
This! Couldn't put it better.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Latest posts