Is Pete losing it?

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell needs some Holmgren type tough love, sorry he gets way to much leeway, run the offense the way it is supposed to be run, run the plays called unless the defenders are stacked to stop it.

Parcells would have chewed Wilson up and spit him out, Knox would have benched him simply to prove you are not bigger then the team.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":jfxpmtiz said:
Russell needs some Holmgren type tough love, sorry he gets way to much leeway, run the offense the way it is supposed to be run, run the plays called unless the defenders are stacked to stop it.

Parcells would have chewed Wilson up and spit him out, Knox would have benched him simply to prove you are not bigger then the team.

Couldn't agree more with you Chris. but Pete sold his soul to Russ years ago, may be hard for him to do what you said. Hard for a soulless Pete to act.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":2wi4cifh said:
TwistedHusky":2wi4cifh said:
We've already seen what the team looks like without Wilson.

We are one of the worst teams in the league, a little better than the Lions and maybe the Jets. Maybe.

Without a healthy Wilson we are a 4-6 win team, in a 17 game season.

That is what PeteBall without Wilson gets you.

Wilson isn't 100% but we HAVE seen him at 100% and we know he can be fantastic.

We now HAVE seen Pete without Wilson and we know he can be watered-down dog crap.

Not sure why this is a debate. Pete lost it a long time ago.

He is just living off the successes created back when he was a great roster builder.
Our most complete game on offense this year was with Geno as the starter. Our worst was with Russ. As someone pointed out the team doesn't look significantly better the moment we put Russ in.

Pete isn't 'losing it' (I know the concept of the thread related to him not being able to find the challenge flag, which is funny but not really a serious issue). Pete has the exact same issues as a coach he has ALWAYS had. The game has not past him by because the issues he has now are the same issues he had in the year we won the Super Bowl. He just had the talent around him to make up for it (and, in large part, he WAS responsible for us getting that talent INCLUDING Russ).

I think Pete needs to go. I've thought he's needed to go for a couple of years at least but Russ is NOT perfect and he isn't without blame for how the past few years have gone either. The fact that some people think this has to be about 'Russ vs. Pete' or picking sides is crazy. We have issues to fix.

The reason why Pete needs to go more than Russ isn't because he's 'worse' for our team than Russ, it's because he's shown he is incapable of making the changes he needs to address his deficits. We've gone through enough OCs to know that. We've had too many close games we lost because we didn't have enough time outs at the end of the game, we didn't make enough gutsy calls early, we didn't challenge at the right time to know that Pete is never going to suddenly become 'good' at managing a game. We KNOW he won't change while there is still some hope for Russ to adjust his deficits, perhaps under a new system.
When I see 3/ different OCs with the offense looking basically the same, I see a QB problem. The HC doesn't make audibles at the los. He doesn't make reads on pass plays. He doesn't decide where to throw on a given play. The QB runs the show, period. If said QB is a true HOFer, he commands the game at the line of scrimmage.

All of the reasons you give for Pete needing to go are true and are also the same reasons Russell can't win big with it all on his shoulders. Russell needs the run game. He needs a good defense. The problem is, he will never admit that he needs those things. He truly believes he can win it all on his back.

They both need to go for me.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":19b96jrx said:
When I see 3/ different OCs with the offense looking basically the same, I see a QB problem. The HC doesn't make audibles at the los. He doesn't make reads on pass plays. He doesn't decide where to throw on a given play. The QB runs the show, period. If said QB is a true HOFer, he commands the game at the line of scrimmage.

All of the reasons you give for Pete needing to go are true and are also the same reasons Russell can't win big with it all on his shoulders. Russell needs the run game. He needs a good defense. The problem is, he will never admit that he needs those things. He truly believes he can win it all on his back.

They both need to go for me.
Oh, there is definitely issues with Russ. I think one of the biggest issues I have with him, which really hit last year, is I don't know if winning is as important to him as HOW we win. Does he make decisions for what he truly thinks is best for the team or does he think what's best for him and best for the team are the same thing? This might not be fair, but he lost me and with decisions like forcing himself back early in a game that might have sealed our whole season doesn't get him back on my side.

That said, some of our offensive problems are DEFINITELY the coach, not just Wilson. Pete is the reason why 3rd and anything longer than 6 yards equals 'draw play up the middle' (unless he's feeling frisky and goes for a screen pass which nets us the same exact result). Pete is the only coach I know who seems to plan his third downs like he's trying to set up his punter for 4th. He's the reason we play the game like a team trying to hold onto a 3 point lead late in the 4th even if in reality we are a team down by 3 and it isn't even halftime yet.

That flavors everything our offense does, INCLUDING the QB.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":26fodv4g said:

Time for Pete to take the keys away?

Tokadub

Reaction score
There are a lot of things you could question about how Pete and Schneider have ran this team lately but him dropping his phone...

Everyone knows if you have multiple items in your pocket it can be difficult to grab the right one.

For example I find often times I try to grab my car keys and the Covid-19 mask gets in the way. I bring the Covid-19 mask with me just in case someone freaks out in public for me not wearing one...

I don't care about him dropping his phone that's the last of our concerns with the way this team is being managed.

John63

Reaction score
So the whole thread is full of bs, and lies and assumptions by the typical haters who don't know anything or don't care that everything we are seeing goes right along with the history of PC as a head coach in the NFL.

Every qb under PC as a HC in the NFL has been amongst the most:

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

The reality is these problems existed here I. Seattle under PC before Wilson.

As to rest like I said the same old crap that does not match the facts.

Example Wilson can't win with it all on his shoulders yet he is the most winning qb in his for 9+ years. Most without the LOB. That stated is called a lie.

Reality is once again PC himself said he would. To still be here without Wilson. Enough said.

No let thr lies continue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3fquzkbb said:
chris98251":3fquzkbb said:

Time for Pete to take the keys away?

Yes to if nothing else reset Wilsons gauge of importance, we know what he is capable of doing if he works in the framework of the offense, this offense looks nothing like we were led to believe with Waldron coming from the Rams, that is Pete and Russell or both.

Coaches have did this historically, it's not popular but it tends to send a message that gets results.

It's time I believe.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":20x0ovcf said:
So the whole thread is full of bs, and lies and assumptions by the typical haters who don't know anything or don't care that everything we are seeing goes right along with the history of PC as a head coach in the NFL.

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

Example Wilson can't win with it all on his shoulders yet he is the most winning qb in his for 9+ years. Most without the LOB. That stated is called a lie.

Reality is once again PC himself said he would. To still be here without Wilson. Enough said.

yeah the biggest lie of all "Pete is over the hill..."

John63

Reaction score
LTH":2ybt6tgp said:
John63":2ybt6tgp said:

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

I never said that. I just think we need a new HC.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3id5rkv2 said:
LTH":3id5rkv2 said:
John63":3id5rkv2 said:

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

Ok well your welcome to your opinion for sure...But the one thing you guys keep looking past is that no matter if you are Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson or anybody else in the NFL its really friggin hard to win a SB ... to many things working against you the competition is unbelievable... Most of you nay sayers just don't give this point enough credit..

just sayin man...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2rubmrqm said:
John63":2rubmrqm said:
LTH":2rubmrqm said:
John63":2rubmrqm said:

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

Ok well your welcome to your opinion for sure...But the one thing you guys keep looking past is that no matter if you are Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson or anybody else in the NFL its really friggin hard to win a SB ... to many things working against you the competition is unbelievable... Most of you nay sayers just don't give this point enough credit..

just sayin man...

LTH

Not true, we do, we also know that taking a gun and shooting yourself in the foot every game is going to gimp the team so you stack the odds against yourself and make it even more difficult which is what people have been saying is going on for the last few years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't a lie if it is true.

Pete is over the hill.

But nobody should be that upset about losing to GB in GB.

It should be expected when your QB is not only injured but playing his first game after being out so long.

Pete isn't the caliber of the Ram's coach, who could somehow win a playoff game on the road with an injured QB and a rookie QB. Pete is always going to be a gameday disadvantage unless his motivational skills can offset his tactical/strategic ineptitude.

Expecting Pete to somehow win this with an off-target Wilson is pretty ridiculous.

(Though not as ridiculous as the people clinging to the delusion that Geno would have given us a better chance to win.)

John63

Reaction score
LTH":14tdrwiz said:
John63":14tdrwiz said:
LTH":14tdrwiz said:
John63":14tdrwiz said:

Sacked qbs
Worst ttt

Etc etc.

just sayin man...

LTH

I am not baseing my opinion on needing a new HC on SB wins. I am.baseing it on the constant bad clock management, bad drafts, bad fas etc etc.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3m746x5m said:
It isn't a lie if it is true.

Pete is over the hill.

But nobody should be that upset about losing to GB in GB.

It should be expected when your QB is not only injured but playing his first game after being out so long.

Pete isn't the caliber of the Ram's coach, who could somehow win a playoff game on the road with an injured QB and a rookie QB. Pete is always going to be a gameday disadvantage unless his motivational skills can offset his tactical/strategic ineptitude.

Expecting Pete to somehow win this with an off-target Wilson is pretty ridiculous.

(Though not as ridiculous as the people clinging to the delusion that Geno would have given us a better chance to win.)

There are things Pete did in this game (poor challenge, poor clock management, poor offensive rhythm) that could easily have easily had a positive impact if handled properly. We saw quite a few plays of the time Russ standing there for 5-10 seconds doing nothing while waiting for the play clock to get under 5 seconds, often snapping the ball at 1 second. Defenses love that.

I didn't expect them to win today but it was a winnable game. And even though it was winnable there was never really a point in the game that felt like it was going to be a win.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
But why?

Expecting a win made no sense.

GB had:

the better coach

better defense

better run game

better OL

better DL

better play-calling

And a QB that is not injured

Frankly the defense did better than anyone had a right to expect, not all of that was Rodgers being rusty. But there was no scenario we win that game. Without a healthy Wilson? No chance.

xray

Reaction score
Carroll has lost the QB---the locker room---the season and the fans .

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":401w69c1 said:
But why?

Expecting a win made no sense.

GB had:

the better coach

better defense

better run game

better OL

better DL

better play-calling

And a QB that is not injured

Frankly the defense did better than anyone had a right to expect, not all of that was Rodgers being rusty. But there was no scenario we win that game. Without a healthy Wilson? No chance.
This is borderline ridiculous fan-boying for Russell. We were down BY THREE up to the 4th Quarter with an offense that Russ led to a grand total of zero points.

Do you know how many other NFL QBs this year have led there offense to zero points against GB? None.
How many games did Geno Smith start where our offense scored zero points? None.

Nobody is trying to say that Geno should get Russ's starting job but in THIS game Russ hurt our team, so yes, even an average Geno performance would have given us a better chance to win then the performance Russ gave us. Heck, Geno got us the same number of points from the bench as Russ did on the field.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, so is it fair to question whether it was the right call at the time to put Geno in over Russ? Sure, but if you can actually look at this and see what Russ gave us (which, by the way, I scored as many points for the Seahawks watching on TV as Russ did) and say 'Nope, there was no possible way that could have gone better', you're absolutely beyond the point of having any reasonable conversation about this team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Dark,

You know I am considered a 'Wilson hater' here right? Fanboy for Wilson? yeah...
( I am not, btw, but far far from a 'fanboy')

You also know I wanted to keep Wilson out of both the GB and Cards game.

But thinking Geno would have resulted in anything but a loss? Laughable.

Yes Geno should have played. We would have lost. Not just because of Geno but because of all the things GB is better than us at on that list. Notably much better game day coaching.

There was little circumstance we would have won because we were outclassed in so many ways before the kickoff. The Packers are an 8 win team. We are a 3 win team. They are on top of their division, we are at the bottom. Losing to us is like losing the Bengals, it can happen but it isn't likely.

We are in a tier with the Dolphins and Jets. Not Packers and Rams.