Jamal Adams injury

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Aros":oqqw1dzw said:
The hyperbole in this thread is delicious.

Adams will play next weekend. Just like he's been playing the last few games with a bum shoulder.

R - E - L - A - X

Agree with some reservations. This one is to his OTHER shoulder. So, at best, he'll be playing with BOTH shoulders less than 100%.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
All we can hope for is that these injuries do not require surgery. I've had three shoulder surgeries and can testify that post surgery you are "done" for six weeks. His year would be over....period.....as well as his career. Surgeons can never put it back together "like new".

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TypeSly":3oigmflu said:
WillySchu":3oigmflu said:
He took the field again after the injury, so it's hard to imagine it's super serious.

He didn't come back onto the field of play, just the sidelines. Seeing Adams at the end of every normal win, he's always fired up and smiling. Seeing him just miserable at the end of today's win, especially the way we came back... I gotta say, it's hard to imagine that it's just something minor. He threw his helmet with anger when he came back out of the tent, and his look after that, he definitely had the look of someone who's going to miss some time. It really sucks, but this is whatI saw. I hope to God, I'm wrong.

Again, you're letting Vilma's prattle get into your head.

He was probably mad because he wanted to play.

Do you honestly think he would have had a diagnosis leading him to KNOW he was out for the season 4 minutes after it occurred? An injury so bad he sat on the bench and then roamed the sidelines?

Cmon guys.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Hawkpower":5fkmlee8 said:
TypeSly":5fkmlee8 said:
WillySchu":5fkmlee8 said:
He took the field again after the injury, so it's hard to imagine it's super serious.

He didn't come back onto the field of play, just the sidelines. Seeing Adams at the end of every normal win, he's always fired up and smiling. Seeing him just miserable at the end of today's win, especially the way we came back... I gotta say, it's hard to imagine that it's just something minor. He threw his helmet with anger when he came back out of the tent, and his look after that, he definitely had the look of someone who's going to miss some time. It really sucks, but this is whatI saw. I hope to God, I'm wrong.

Do you honestly think he would have had a diagnosis leading him to KNOW he was out for the season 4 minutes after it occurred? An injury so bad he sat on the bench and then roamed the sidelines?

Cmon guys.

Hey, I hope I'm flat out wrong... and I really hope you're right. I'm definitely paranoid that's for sure, because losing him for any amount of time would really hurt at this point in the season.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Bullmeister":1205a78m said:
Milehighhawk":1205a78m said:
Lots of people with X-ray TVs and M.D.’s up in here.

None of that but I suffered an AC joint injury under similar circumstances. It's not painful when it happens and it can come from a seemingly inconsequential minor lateral impact on to a shoulder, and that is what it looked like happened to Adams. The pain comes from when you try to raise your arm.

Trust me, I hope I am wrong and he is OK, but his body language spoke volumes to me about what he might already know about his chances of playing playoffs this year despite his incredible year and being one of (if not the) biggest factor in getting the Seahawks to where they are this year.

I'm guessing you are also a elite athelete, injuries effecting people differently and all.

balakoth

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2c48mu4t said:
My assessment is it looks pretty serious and can be a weeks of recovery.

So much for a playoff run.

Should have taken him out the game when Green Bay and New Orleans were clearly going to win the game.

Such a shame.

Even though he was out on the field at the end of the game

Your assessment sucks clearly

balakoth

Reaction score
TypeSly":2cc08p1g said:
Hawkpower":2cc08p1g said:
TypeSly":2cc08p1g said:
WillySchu":2cc08p1g said:

Cmon guys.

Hey, I hope I'm flat out wrong... and I really hope you're right. I'm definitely paranoid that's for sure, because losing him for any amount of time would really hurt at this point in the season.

Im guessing you also didn't watch the last 4 minutes where he was out on the field.. DERP

hawk45

Reaction score
If PC is uncertain about him playing in that upcoming game then clearly there is an injury of some magnitude. Perhaps quite small but if Pete, the guy who played his starter in a meaningless 3rd and 4th quarter, is considering keeping him out then that argues against it being insignificant since the upcoming game is, by contrast, as meaningful as it gets.

Maybe he’ll be 100%, but if he’s on the fence at the moment it’s not 100%. It’s some percentage where there is a chance of damaging the player and jeopardizing his availability for future games.

This isn’t “sky is falling” this is just pointing out that before the meaningless 3rd and 4th quarter we had a player who seemed to be a key piece on defense healthy, and now he is less healthy.

Thank goodness we kept momentum. I’m sure the locker room will have much more confidence with a dinged up or out Adams because they beat the mighty niners and beathard. Win forever!

I hope he’s healthy but even the chance of this is why I absolutely despise the decision not to pull the starters.

andyh64000

Reaction score
hawk45":2jj0ql86 said:
If PC is uncertain about him playing in that upcoming game then clearly there is an injury of some magnitude. Perhaps quite small but if Pete, the guy who played his starter in a meaningless 3rd and 4th quarter, is considering keeping him out then that argues against it being insignificant since the upcoming game is, by contrast, as meaningful as it gets.

Maybe he’ll be 100%, but if he’s on the fence at the moment it’s not 100%. It’s some percentage where there is a chance of damaging the player and jeopardizing his availability for future games.

This isn’t “sky is falling” this is just pointing out that before the meaningless 3rd and 4th quarter we had a player who seemed to be a key piece on defense healthy, and now he is less healthy.

Thank goodness we kept momentum. I’m sure the locker room will have much more confidence with a dinged up or out Adams because they beat the mighty niners and beathard. Win forever!

I hope he’s healthy but even the chance of this is why I absolutely despise the decision not to pull the starters.

The bears were within a score well into our 4th quarter so it wasn't meaningless at the time. Having the 2nd seed over GB would have been huge.

Optimus25

Reaction score
No matter how you want to dice it the fact is we are fortunate our biggest injury hit the defense.

We have to get by the Rams any way necessary and if we lost any significant offensive players we would have zero, nil, no chance.

The Rams offense isn’t even worth concern. We HAVE to score early and often on the Rams ONE DAMN GAME.

It’s the future opponents (divisional round/nfccg) we can’t afford to lose defensive players against.