OBJ a good fit for Seattle?

SlickRick

Reaction score
IMO Odell doesn't make this a 10 win team. Let's throw $ at WR that oughta win us another SuperBowl.. yeah... Right ... No. Wide Receiver isn't the problem.

Odell isn't going to protect Wilson against the Rams updated Pass Rush, he's just another head case & distraction like Percy Harvin. He"ll be good in flashes . But why bring him on now, because it's what Wilson wants ?

Wilson doesn't always get what he wants in Seattle, remember Antonio Brown ? Seattle needs to worry about That O Line & Defense before they go get more toys.

Rat

Reaction score
SlickRick":3b20ibqi said:
IMO Odell doesn't make this a 10 win team. Let's throw $ at WR that oughta win us another SuperBowl.. yeah... Right ... No. Wide Receiver isn't the problem.

Odell isn't going to protect Wilson against the Rams updated Pass Rush, he's just another head case & distraction like Percy Harvin. He"ll be good in flashes . But why bring him on now, because it's what Wilson wants ?

What great pass rusher or offensive lineman is available? Keep in mind, the trade deadline already passed. He'd be cheap anyway, so we'd still have money to spend if someone else surprising becomes avialable.

hawker84

Reaction score
Feels like another Percy Harvin 2.0 trade.

Again, whats the point bringing in another Percy Harvin, when your QB will never have enough time to feed him constantly because he's running for his life.

We have good recievers, and we have good depth. We need to beef up the trenches on both sides of the ball. Just my two nickels...

SlickRick

Reaction score
Rat":dkoi7lvc said:
SlickRick":dkoi7lvc said:

What great pass rusher or offensive lineman is available? Keep in mind, the trade deadline already passed. He'd be cheap anyway, so we'd still have money to spend if someone else surprising becomes avialable.

So you want Percy Harvin 2.0 ? More of locker room cancer ? You're fine with that ? The insanity on these message boards my god. Rather take a level headed player than Harvin 2.0 . How did it work in Cleveland again with him & Mayfield ?

December 19/ 2021 Seahawks Vs Rams in L.A ,
I hope we do get OBJ, just so you see how ridiculous this post was, when the Rams Curb stomp Seattle while OBJ is just standing out there. Seahawks about to get swept again by the Rams. Oh well atleast OBJ is a house hold name.

SlickRick

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36mhvoeu said:
This right here ^^

I forgot about you stankfishhawk how you been ? Still hurt Wilson is 8-12 against the Rams ?

hawkfan68

Reaction score

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There were three main problems with Harvin:

3 - Cost. We had to give up a lot to get him, and his salary ended up being high.

2 - He upset other players. Key players like Kam became upset because Harvin, who barely contributed, was getting paid more than they were. And other players were worried that bringing him in meant they would be pushed out.

1 - WE ALREADY HAD a version of him. Tate did everything that Harvin did, and he did it exceptionally well. He returned punts, often cutting the field in half. He caught short passes for long gains. He wasn't as fast as Harvin, but he was essentially Harvin - lite.

NONE of the above issues are relevant to OBJ. Not even sure the locker room cancer thing makes much sense. And if he did push, he would find that Wilson is firmly entrenched. It wouldn't get far.

The damage Harvin did was due to the above 3 issues. Harvin being a headcase likely caused other problems (ie the fight with the other players) but for the most part, Kam held out because of him, we lost Tate because of him, and he barely even played but cost us a fortune.

Not an applicable comparison at all.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vb52p6wz said:
There were three main problems with Harvin:

3 - Cost. We had to give up a lot to get him, and his salary ended up being high.

2 - He upset other players. Key players like Kam became upset because Harvin, who barely contributed, was getting paid more than they were. And other players were worried that bringing him in meant they would be pushed out.

1 - WE ALREADY HAD a version of him. Tate did everything that Harvin did, and he did it exceptionally well. He returned punts, often cutting the field in half. He caught short passes for long gains. He wasn't as fast as Harvin, but he was essentially Harvin - lite.

NONE of the above issues are relevant to OBJ. Not even sure the locker room cancer thing makes much sense. And if he did push, he would find that Wilson is firmly entrenched. It wouldn't get far.

The damage Harvin did was due to the above 3 issues. Harvin being a headcase likely caused other problems (ie the fight with the other players) but for the most part, Kam held out because of him, we lost Tate because of him, and he barely even played but cost us a fortune.

Not an applicable comparison at all.

I agree with most of what you said. I don't believe that Kam held out because of Harvin. Percy Harvin was traded in the 2014 season. Kam held out beginning of the 2015 season. Kam held out due to Cary Williams not Percy Harvin.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Fade":1l7dyidg said:
The Seahawks have 2 good WRs so they don't need another one argument makes no sense.

Lockett has gotten hurt the last 2 seasons and the offense went into the tank. The Seahawks are 1 injury away from having only 1 good WR in other words.

OK, but adding Odell Beckham, Jr., who hasn't been good in six years, is not going to improve that situation.

Beckham's last reasonably good season was 2015. His only two good seasons were 2014 (his rookie season) and 2015. And he's been downright bad in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

The Seahawks have two WRs who are very clearly better than Beckham will ever be again in his career. The thing is that I'm not convinced Beckham would be better than sixth on the depth chart if the Seahawks were to actually acquire him. Should all the promise (and actual performance!) Beckham showed in 2014-2015 weigh more than his piss-poor play in 2019-2021 or his league-average performance in 2016-2018? I say no. There's a clear trend in his career, and it's not the good kind.

Beckham is very famous and quite wealthy, and he's made some truly spectacular plays, but he just isn't a very good wide receiver.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If OBJ was a D-lineman or cornerback, I'd be all for the 7-8M gamble.

But he's not, he's a WR that'd be part of a WR corp that already doesn't see enough targets for it's main two WR's. So not sure how adding OBJ helps that problem.

But I wouldn't put it past Pete to pull the trigger, he's desperate to show ownership and the rest of the league that the Hawk's are still relevant and good.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lagartixa":26i4co49 said:
Fade":26i4co49 said:
The Seahawks have 2 good WRs so they don't need another one argument makes no sense.

Lockett has gotten hurt the last 2 seasons and the offense went into the tank. The Seahawks are 1 injury away from having only 1 good WR in other words.

OK, but adding Odell Beckham, Jr., who hasn't been good in six years, is not going to improve that situation.

Beckham's last reasonably good season was 2015. His only two good seasons were 2014 (his rookie season) and 2015. And he's been downright bad in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

The Seahawks have two WRs who are very clearly better than Beckham will ever be again in his career. The thing is that I'm not convinced Beckham would be better than sixth on the depth chart if the Seahawks were to actually acquire him. Should all the promise (and actual performance!) Beckham showed in 2014-2015 weigh more than his piss-poor play in 2019-2021 or his league-average performance in 2016-2018? I say no. There's a clear trend in his career, and it's not the good kind.

Beckham is very famous and quite wealthy, and he's made some truly spectacular plays, but he just isn't a very good wide receiver.

His stats state otherwise. He had 74 receptions for 1035 yards in 2019 and 77 receptions for 1052 yards in 2018.
https://www.nfl.com/players/odell-beckham/stats/career

He's more of a threat to a defense than any other WR on the Seahawks roster not named Lockett or Metcalf.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson wants him.

What Wilson cares about is his playoff legacy.

So either you give Wilson what he wants or you start winning games in the playoffs.

We are doing neither, which isn't going to win us a whole lot of happy from Wilson.

Wilson wanted AB. We ignored him. And AB made a difference in helping the Bucs get to the SB and win it.

Now Wilson supposedly wants OBJ. IF this is true, then they need to marshall whatever they can to get him because that is what the most important member of the team (and likely the organization) wants. When Wilson leaves, this team becomes irrelevant.

So you make him happy by giving him what he wants. Because NOT giving him what he wants is not working any better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2hog0nri said:
Wilson wants him.

What Wilson cares about is his playoff legacy.

So either you give Wilson what he wants or you start winning games in the playoffs.

We are doing neither, which isn't going to win us a whole lot of happy from Wilson.

Wilson wanted AB. We ignored him. And AB made a difference in helping the Bucs get to the SB and win it.

Now Wilson supposedly wants OBJ. IF this is true, then they need to marshall whatever they can to get him because that is what the most important member of the team (and likely the organization) wants. When Wilson leaves, this team becomes irrelevant.

So you make him happy by giving him what he wants. Because NOT giving him what he wants is not working any better.

I'm luke warm on OBJ, get him, don't get him. I just don't think he'll make that much of a difference for half a season on a team that has to win 80% of it's remaining games to even sniff a wild card spot.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If we're looking at paper, of course. OBJ > Swain and is worth the value he would cost dollar wise.

Now not looking at paper. PC doesn't really want a pass heavy scheme. OBJ would be #3. DK always wants the ball more than he's getting it (not less). OBJ also wants the ball a lot (hence all the drama leading up to his exit from the Browns). The distractions that would come out of this would be an issue as well.

So is OBJ a good fit for Seattle? my answer is no. And my main issue would be all the media distractions that come with OBJ when he's unhappy, which I think would happen quickly if he came to Seattle as this team would put him #3 and is already a run first offense.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3qplw6ww said:
With Ruggs gone I could see him landing with the Raiders.

We never used Miller either once in a while, last TE we used effectively was.....

Stevens under Holmgren or Carlson, Miller had 102 catches in 48 games under Pete, but really that's low compared to Carlson and Stevens and how they were used, also all three of them actually Blocked also. Stevens wasn't great at it on the line but was an animal down field. Mili should also be added, but yeah Miller is the outlier, and as the line went his use was less impactfull.

It is sad to see how rarely the TEs are used other than blocking for Pete. We've all seen how good Miller was, and Dissly and Everett with the ball in their hands yet they are always after thoughts. Graham had good numbers, but I think most people would agree that he was capable of A LOT more.

Latest posts