Should have let fans in

W

Welshers

Without getting political they should have found a way to get a few thousand fans in. It's not a safety risk at all if you spread everyone out + it is outside where covid transmission is extremely low. I'm watching rogers playing in front of 9k fans and he is FEEDING off their energy. We would most likely have beaten the giants and gotten the 1st round bye if we had a couple thousand 12's in there. Covid screwed us.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sucks for the fans, but that old home field advantage hasn't paid off in a few years. The team has been pretty average at home the last couple specifically prior to this year. Last year they were bad at home with fans.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Much better to err on the side of safety when we're getting close to 400,000 dead. This is way bigger than football. Regardless of what happens inside of the stadium, you've got 9000 people (using the numbers at Lambeau) going to and from the same place at the same time. That's going to cause at least moderate risk of exposure regardless of how well you space them out when they actually get there to watch the game.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Furthermore, home field advantage has declined to the point where its not even sure to be an advantage. In 2019, it wasn't one at all, league-wide.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Should have been free for anyone on the front lines fighting covid.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
6000 People that were tested and 3000 people that were Medical and first responders so if there was a situation...it could be handled. Interesting. They should have sent in Military too as they are probably screened for medical reasons all the time too. And some of us are able to take care of those that have injuries.

Reality....please.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Seahawkfan80":rrkc7aj8 said:
6000 People that were tested and 3000 people that were Medical and first responders so if there was a situation...it could be handled. Interesting. They should have sent in Military too as they are probably screened for medical reasons all the time too. And some of us are able to take care of those that have injuries.

Reality....please.
...what?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty disgusted and that's a hypochondriac talking. There's absolutely no reason we couldn't have allowed 6-12K fans in the stands this season, especially for the wild card game. I trust we would have had the proper systems in place to allow a safe gameday experience. And yes, I do believe the outcome may have been different had the players been able to feed off of several thousand 12's in the stands that day.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Welshers":2eim000k said:
Without getting political they should have found a way to get a few thousand fans in. It's not a safety risk at all if you spread everyone out + it is outside where covid transmission is extremely low. I'm watching rogers playing in front of 9k fans and he is FEEDING off their energy. We would most likely have beaten the giants and gotten the 1st round bye if we had a couple thousand 12's in there. Covid screwed us.

That's quite the assumption considering they were 4-4 at home last year with a full house and 7-1 (in the regular season) without a soul.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Last year, schmast year. This is a year like no other in history. All previous stats do not apply.
Some fan momentum could have been key.

-just a casual 12 observer

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Welshers":2o2hy834 said:
Seahawkfan80":2o2hy834 said:

Reality....please.
...what?

Some of us military are trained for medical service. Some of us have to protect all for everything. I think that is what you were thinking. I was off duty in a watering hole and a fellow veteran was having a heart attack. I went there before drinking a drop of my post work libation and saved his life. We are in my field trained almost like marines to sew ourselves together and finish the mission as there is NO ONE ELSE THERE. If we dont do it, WE DIE. so That is my position. I hope you understand it was not meant as an insult..but as a preparatory situation to take care of lives. If we go out 200 miles...there is no go call safe people....they are NOT THERE. So My point will stand. Peace to yall.....We are still here.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Glad someone else made the post because this is what I logged in for...

I don't understand how all these stadiums that had MUCH colder weather (corona viruses like the cold)... they are allowed to have fans in the stadium?

It seems pretty obvious the far left politics in Washington State is being unreasonably strict about Covid-19, not having fans for a playoff game is truly disgusting. It's not like this is the Ebola Virus we are dealing with... The death rate of Covid-19 is very, very low... it's just contagious... a lot of people don't even have symptoms... leads me to believe the research I've done that the testing with PCR test is easily manipulated. You could have a common cold a couple years ago and get a positive Covid-19 result if they abuse the testing procedure (from my understanding).

I agree with a lot of the view of the left, police reform etc... but this is just out of control...

I don't even think we necessarily would of won with a few thousand fans in the stands... but the fact we didn't have that psychologically we had no advantage whatsoever in our game... that's inexcusable and I don't think the science matches up to lose home field advantage from what I've researched.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":4e9iaawa said:

I don't understand how all these stadiums that had MUCH colder weather (corona viruses like the cold)... they are allowed to have fans in the stadium?

It seems pretty obvious the far left politics in Washington State is being unreasonably strict about Covid-19, not having fans for a playoff game is truly disgusting. It's not like this is the Ebola Virus we are dealing with... The death rate of Covid-19 is very, very low... it's just contagious... a lot of people don't even have symptoms... leads me to believe the research I've done that the testing with PCR test is easily manipulated. You could have a common cold a couple years ago and get a positive Covid-19 result if they abuse the testing procedure (from my understanding).

I agree with a lot of the view of the left, police reform etc... but this is just out of control...

I don't even think we might of won with a few thousand fans in the stand... but the fact we didn't have that psychologically we had no advantage whatsoever in our game... that's inexcusable and I don't think the science matches up to lose home field advantage from what I've researched.

Are we seriously unable to operate within a very clear set of parameters on this board? It's not that hard to not bring politics into this.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1fqi3u7y said:
Tokadub":1fqi3u7y said:

I don't even think we might of won with a few thousand fans in the stand... but the fact we didn't have that psychologically we had no advantage whatsoever in our game... that's inexcusable and I don't think the science matches up to lose home field advantage from what I've researched.

Are we seriously unable to operate within a very clear set of parameters on this board? It's not that hard to not bring politics into this.

Bro I'm sorry but you're wrong on this one. The reason we can't have fans is we have a super far left government. There is no other reason we can't have fans and other cities do. That's a fact, do your research.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3pct0qeu said:
Much better to err on the side of safety when we're getting close to 400,000 dead. .

You do realize the death rate in the United States has increased an average of .07% a year for the past 10 years...

During this pandemic we increased by .08%, it's almost the exact average of the last 10 years...

You could make the argument quarantine saved lives... but the counter-argument is that the suicide rate is at an all time high... overdose levels all time high... murders up from last year (I don't know about all time high on that one)... AND people are straight up scared to even go to doctor offices because this fear about covid-19... that means A LOT of people who need medical help aren't seeking it... all things considered seems way overblown to me.

If my memory serves correctly at least 1 or 2 years was around a .20% increase (in past 10 years)...

Meaning the death rate in 2020 was about average as it was from 2010-2019... almost identical on average...

It was no where close to our worst year... do your research man... mainstream media lies a lot, hate to break it to you.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":17ikbv2z said:
Maelstrom787":17ikbv2z said:
Tokadub":17ikbv2z said:

Bro I'm sorry but you're wrong on this one. The reason we can't have fans is we have a super far left government. There is no other reason we can't have fans and other cities do. That's a fact, do your research.

I don't give a shit if you think I'm wrong or right. This is neither the time nor place. Exercise some self-governance and stop bringing political affiliation into a discussion on a board that doesn't allow such discussions. Everyone has been fine up until this point, and the discussion shouldn't have to be deleted because you decided you couldn't follow the basic rules of the board. It's a disservice to the OP and the rest of the people here who are doing just fine.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tokadub":1dpa9rli said:
Maelstrom787":1dpa9rli said:
Tokadub":1dpa9rli said:

I dont agree with you much Tok....but I do on this factor. I am in Idaho. I travel to Oregon a lot...but still have some freedom. Some do not. Peace brothers....we will endure.