Should have let fans in

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":f0s9lpoy said:
Tokadub":f0s9lpoy said:
Maelstrom787":f0s9lpoy said:
Tokadub":f0s9lpoy said:
Glad someone else made the post because this is what I logged in for...

I don't understand how all these stadiums that had MUCH colder weather (corona viruses like the cold)... they are allowed to have fans in the stadium?

It seems pretty obvious the far left politics in Washington State is being unreasonably strict about Covid-19, not having fans for a playoff game is truly disgusting. It's not like this is the Ebola Virus we are dealing with... The death rate of Covid-19 is very, very low... it's just contagious... a lot of people don't even have symptoms... leads me to believe the research I've done that the testing with PCR test is easily manipulated. You could have a common cold a couple years ago and get a positive Covid-19 result if they abuse the testing procedure (from my understanding).

I agree with a lot of the view of the left, police reform etc... but this is just out of control...

I don't even think we might of won with a few thousand fans in the stand... but the fact we didn't have that psychologically we had no advantage whatsoever in our game... that's inexcusable and I don't think the science matches up to lose home field advantage from what I've researched.

Are we seriously unable to operate within a very clear set of parameters on this board? It's not that hard to not bring politics into this.

Bro I'm sorry but you're wrong on this one. The reason we can't have fans is we have a super far left government. There is no other reason we can't have fans and other cities do. That's a fact, do your research.

I don't give a $h!t if you think I'm wrong or right. This is neither the time nor place. Exercise some self-governance and stop bringing political affiliation into a discussion on a board that doesn't allow such discussions. Everyone has been fine up until this point, and the discussion shouldn't have to be deleted because you decided you couldn't follow the basic rules of the board. It's a disservice to the OP and the rest of the people here who are doing just fine.

Covid-19 is political, that's the problem. It's not strictly medical, it's VERY political. Democrats used it as a weapon vs Trump. I don't care what side anyone is on, I'm in the middle. I think police need a LOT of reform, I think we should support struggling communities... but if you think covid-19 ISN'T political you've got blindfolds on.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s impossible to discuss COVID and the government response at any level without discussing politics. Everyone is at a different knowledge level on COVID and a different point on the freedom vs. security scale it is near impossible to have rational, fact based discussions.

For example - if cancelling a full season saved a single life of someone that would otherwise would not have contracted and died from COVID is it worth it?

And then change COVID to “died from a car accident on I-5” in the example and answer that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There are plenty of politically-charged discussions that affect sports. Taxes are one of them. If I'm discussing free agency and the topic of state income tax comes up in the context of it being a strength/weakness for one team, it's not necessary to start spouting off political opinions about taxation and which political party wants to introduce state income taxes.

The discussion was operating perfectly well without delving into an overtly political realm until Tokadub brought political affiliation into it, going so far as to deride one group and literally name drop a divisive political figure. The topic didn't have to cross that line, and to make a conscious decision to do so was ill-advised. Just take it to the political forum if you want to talk about why one wing is wrong and the other is right.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2wnw35lk said:
There are plenty of politically-charged discussions that affect sports. Taxes are one of them. If I'm discussing free agency and the topic of state income tax comes up in the context of it being a strength/weakness for one team, it's not necessary to start spouting off political opinions about taxation and which political party wants to introduce state income taxes.

The discussion was operating perfectly well without delving into an overtly political realm until Tokadub brought political affiliation into it, going so far as to deride one group and literally name drop a divisive political figure. The topic didn't have to cross that line, and to make a conscious decision to do so was ill-advised. Just take it to the political forum if you want to talk about why one wing is wrong and the other is right.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think I'm being fair and the forum as a whole is encouraging free speech. I'm not crossing a line I'm in the middle.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Agreed. Kind of a joke we are told to stay in our homes GB looked like it had a decent amount of fans on that last TD.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Tokadub":1y09zt8f said:
Maelstrom787":1y09zt8f said:

Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think I'm being fair and the forum as a whole is encouraging free speech. I'm not crossing a line I'm in the middle.

And on top of all that you are not wrong.

balakoth

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":361blrr6 said:
6000 People that were tested and 3000 people that were Medical and first responders so if there was a situation...it could be handled. Interesting. They should have sent in Military too as they are probably screened for medical reasons all the time too. And some of us are able to take care of those that have injuries.

Reality....please.

Kinda like science you all differ to when claiming media science.

Full dumb. Too bad none of you can read a god damn graph

balakoth

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":30kqo0tp said:
It’s impossible to discuss COVID and the government response at any level without discussing politics. Everyone is at a different knowledge level on COVID and a different point on the freedom vs. security scale it is near impossible to have rational, fact based discussions.

For example - if cancelling a full season saved a single life of someone that would otherwise would not have contracted and died from COVID is it worth it?

And then change COVID to “died from a car accident on I-5” in the example and answer that.

Its impossible to discuss COVID when none one can refer to 20 years of data. That's the problem

Its more about opinion than actual fact.. then people trying to claim " science " who can't even look up the science of our history.

If my wife's business wasn't doing so well in this danky State, we'd move

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2kf6hl2u said:
Tokadub":2kf6hl2u said:
Maelstrom787":2kf6hl2u said:

Who cares if he's wrong or not? That's missing the point. Dude is actively denigrating a political ideology on the main forum. It's dumb. No one comes to the main forum for political discussion.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Tokadub":1yo035cg said:
Glad someone else made the post because this is what I logged in for...

I don't understand how all these stadiums that had MUCH colder weather (corona viruses like the cold)... they are allowed to have fans in the stadium?

It seems pretty obvious the far left politics in Washington State is being unreasonably strict about Covid-19, not having fans for a playoff game is truly disgusting. It's not like this is the Ebola Virus we are dealing with... The death rate of Covid-19 is very, very low... it's just contagious... a lot of people don't even have symptoms... leads me to believe the research I've done that the testing with PCR test is easily manipulated. You could have a common cold a couple years ago and get a positive Covid-19 result if they abuse the testing procedure (from my understanding).

I agree with a lot of the view of the left, police reform etc... but this is just out of control...

I don't even think we necessarily would of won with a few thousand fans in the stands... but the fact we didn't have that psychologically we had no advantage whatsoever in our game... that's inexcusable and I don't think the science matches up to lose home field advantage from what I've researched.

It is hard to beat fear. Nearly 3 million people die in the US every year from all causes. From 2019 to 2020, the total deaths went up .075%. Normal is considered to be 1.2%. They simply are counting a high percentage of pneumonia and flu deaths as Covid, along with heart attacks, strokes and just plain old people dying.

I got the covid test while sick with typical symptoms. I lived, though it was not fun. My M.I.L. who is 95 got sick with the same symptoms but survived, as did my wife who is 60. I was the worst, and ended up with pneumonia but it ended and I am better now. I am a cancer patient taking chemo, and I survived, but out of 3 of us I am the only one who tested positive. Yet all were sick in the same time period. Did I have CV-19 or influenza? They simply do not test for the flu.

It would be nice though if doctors were curious enough to treat people with currently approved drugs. There are several that help, but they would rather slap a mask on the really bad patients and hope for the best. That is not medicine.

The only way out from a disease is to get as many people infected, and survive. Survival rates are 99% for healthy people under 55. That is Herd immunity, what Sweden did and is now open for business with the worst over.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3gnuwzqs said:
Tokadub":3gnuwzqs said:
Maelstrom787":3gnuwzqs said:

I know people who have died from Covid-19. Can we please not do this?

The original topic was whether we should have fans. How this became a “far left” vs “far right” thing is beyond me. I would have loved to have fans at the stadium but safety matters more. If a baby died in a stroller because it malfunctioned I would never buy that stroller, and neither would most people. Same concept here. Our fellow Americans, especially those with pre-existing conditions and black Americans, have been more affected by it. There’s nothing more to be said other than “it would be nice to have fans but every state has its own rules. But it would have still been cool” and leave it at that.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1za4i5nh said:
JayhawkMike":1za4i5nh said:
Tokadub":1za4i5nh said:
Maelstrom787":1za4i5nh said:

Who cares if he's wrong or not? That's missing the point. Dude is actively denigrating a political ideology on the main forum. It's dumb. No one comes to the main forum for political discussion.

How is it political to discuss medicine and the very reason why the football season sucked no matter what happened on the teevee? That is not football to me. Watching in person is totally different than watching a show. Football without live fans? Not football.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jeremiah":ghkmvxsv said:
Maelstrom787":ghkmvxsv said:
JayhawkMike":ghkmvxsv said:
Tokadub":ghkmvxsv said:

How is it political to discuss medicine and the very reason why the football season sucked no matter what happened on the teevee? That is not football to me. Watching in person is totally different than watching a show. Football without live fans? Not football.

1. It quite literally is football.

2. Maybe you should actually stop to read the thread before commenting, seeing as you missed the overtly political parts of the discussion, including a critique of "far left" policy and how it was used against Donald Trump. If you can't see how that is political, I don't know how to help you.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Cyrus12":2n5o23ca said:
i didnt want it to be political man I just meant that if we had let fans in things may have been different

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
balakoth":2dfs4nr8 said:
Seahawkfan80":2dfs4nr8 said:
6000 People that were tested and 3000 people that were Medical and first responders so if there was a situation...it could be handled. Interesting. They should have sent in Military too as they are probably screened for medical reasons all the time too. And some of us are able to take care of those that have injuries.

Reality....please.

Kinda like science you all differ to when claiming media science.

Full dumb. Too bad none of you can read a god damn graph

I can manipulate any graph you have to show what you want to see. Maybe we should all understand that the manipulators are the ones that are driving this. Blind followership........is FRACKING STUPID. Intelligence is a learned response to stupid responses that mean you need to gather intelligence. A LEADER in a medical field that changes his mind every 3 days...is a chaos. Probably has an agenda. Or Could be misinformed. I HOPE THE LATTER. After all, misinformed means you can learn. Stupid people spout garbage and never learn. Yes, this is a Bevellation. :evil:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Welshers":3ia0o5ex said:
Cyrus12":3ia0o5ex said:
i didnt want it to be political man I just meant that if we had let fans in things may have been different

I was trying to stick up for you. Tokadub loves to try to get otherwise orderly threads locked, and it isn't very fair.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
This thread got real dumb real fast with the conspiracies.

I have zero confidence that this team would be any different with a crowd of 6000 or whatever fans. That's not the type of energy that would have changed anything.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Fans under 55 should have been allowed. They could avoid elderly contact for 2 weeks. Over 95% of the deaths are 65+.