The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Regarding our lack of success with first round picks, we don't always have the luxury of top 10 picks every year but look at Jordyn Brooks. Dude is a freak as is Darrell Taylor pick 48 early second rounder. Pettis and Hurd are 2 embarrassing busts though. Why'd you pick those guys?

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hecr5ey said:
chris98251":1hecr5ey said:
1st rounder starter major contributor.

2nd rounder major contributor work into a starter
3rd rounder pretty much the same but lower expectations
4th rounder thru 5th a contributor that may play special teams or a situational back up someone that could potentially work up to a starter or a major back up. Again the lower expectations to the lower the player selected.

So when people say a bust they need to be aware of what is expected of a player when he is drafted typically.

If a player exceeds expectations like a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a major contributor they are not busts out of the first rounds.

I mean, I get it...

...but Aiyuk WAS a starter and major contributor last season. Its been ONE game into year 2 and he's had a hamstring issue.

I mean...lets be real for a sec....what was the last real impact player the Seahawks took in round one? I don't mean to attack, but really seems like you guys hold Niner management to a different standard.

Lynch also draft Kittle, Warner, Greenlaw, Samuel and even one of YOUR corners, DJ Reed. Don't know what it is, but really think Niners should stock up on 5th round picks, Kittle, Reed, Greenlaw, and even this year Lenoir....they do well in that round.

I was just stating what average perceptions are by round, I don't qualify Aiyuk a bust, first last season without OTA's and practice being screwed up messed with a lot of the orientation and coaching of Rookies, secondly Rookies have to break thru, he got in the rotation and these days that's what a lot of teams do till someone just flat out can't be kept off the field.

He was more then just a guy, 7 TD's and 750 yards or so and 60 receptions I think I read, that's not a bust. Oh and many players have hamstring and ankle issues off and on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3i38x2iq said:
Regarding our lack of success with first round picks, we don't always have the luxury of top 10 picks every year but look at Jordyn Brooks. Dude is a freak as is Darrell Taylor pick 48 early second rounder. Pettis and Hurd are 2 embarrassing busts though. Why'd you pick those guys?

…..so you just name two of the best Seahawks picks, compare to two of the worst Niner picks and then just ignore all the other picks altogether?

Pettis was a bust. No question. Hurd certainly looks that way. However they’ve also taken some of their best players in Warner, Kittle, Deebo and several others.

Hell, Elijah Mitchell just became the first rookie EVER drafted on day three to post over 100 yards in week 1. Deommodore Lenore allowed 3 yards in 55 coverage snaps.

Stop cherry picking.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":27gb1728 said:
https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1438199428301537282?s=21
Ouch

Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2gjggwbs said:
ArlosSpecial":2gjggwbs said:
Ouch

Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.
I did. Sherfield apparently is a much better option as a number 2 receiver. That's what makes your coach a very good one. He doesn't give a rats ass where a guy is drafted he'll play the guy with better productivity just like Pete does. John Lynch is another story. I don't doubt you have a good football team but the way you guys get injured needs looking into by congress. In any other division you would have a higher playoff seed but as it stands now you might be lucky to snag a 7. This is our year for another Lombardi.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1i7pj0h9 said:
Marvin49":1i7pj0h9 said:
ArlosSpecial":1i7pj0h9 said:
Ouch

I did. Sherfield apparently is a much better option as a number 2 receiver. That's what makes your coach a very good one. He doesn't give a rats ass where a guy is drafted he'll play the guy with better productivity just like Pete does. John Lynch is another story. I don't doubt you have a good football team but the way you guys get injured needs looking into by congress. In any other division you would have a higher playoff seed but as it stands now you might be lucky to snag a 7. This is our year for another Lombardi.

That's....not what he said.

He said that Aiyuk has been injured and in and out of the lineup. As such, he's been inconsistent in practice due to missing time.

As for Sherfield, tight now he's found money. guy has been awesome in camp. Larry Fitzgerald loves him.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09...for-rest-of-nfl-to-see-49ers-trent-sherfield/

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2blgcnfk said:
ArlosSpecial":2blgcnfk said:
Marvin49":2blgcnfk said:
ArlosSpecial":2blgcnfk said:
Ouch

That's....not what he said.

He said that Aiyuk has been injured and in and out of the lineup. As such, he's been inconsistent in practice due to missing time.

As for Sherfield, tight now he's found money. guy has been awesome in camp. Larry Fitzgerald loves him.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09...for-rest-of-nfl-to-see-49ers-trent-sherfield/
Sherfield is flat out better. Aiyuk wouldn't be WR1 on any team in the league. The draft pick was a reach for a first rounder. It wasn't a reg flags everywhere like Reuben Foster but it was still a reach. I had Aiyuk going mid 3rd round

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Grant Cohn is a genius and frankly the only non biased analyst that cover the 49ers. Kyle knows he can't rely on Jimmy's arm to ever come back from a deficit and you don't get to play the Lions every week. When you lose you'll say "If we had such and such healthy we would've won". lol

NINEster

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":14ocqxrc said:
Grant Cohn is a genius and frankly the only non biased analyst that cover the 49ers. Kyle knows he can't rely on Jimmy's arm to ever come back from a deficit and you don't get to play the Lions every week. When you lose you'll say "If we had such and such healthy we would've won". lol

He's biased alright. Just not the same type of bias as the other 49er reporters.....

And for the record that Tim Kawakami was hard AF on Harbaugh....

As for Cohn, a lot of 49ers hate him and his father, and yet I happen to know his neighbors by freak coincidence and they can't say nicer things about them. Clearly their real life and media personalities diverge quite a bit.......Simon Cowell these guys are not.

Not many NFL QBs can come back from a deficit. So not a huge indictment on Jimmy.

Although not many teams beat Drew Brees scoring 46 points in the Superdome either....

NINEster

Reaction score
Fade":aptbpra6 said:
Adam Schefter reports:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...riots-would-take-mac-jones-at-no-3/ar-AAOm9zq

The Niners panicked, and fleeced themselves.

Where's the proof? LOL.

And btw, is that Seth Wickersham tell all article a few years back about the Seahawks accurate in the least bit?

You know, the article that just feels more true over time. :D

Bottom line, all that matters is if Lance is good or not. If he's good enough to get it done, then it was worth it. If not, it fails, but not going for it is the biggest fail.

Shanahan is not on a 30 year program to get a QB, so if it had to be this year, that's what was needed.

NINEster

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3mipvc7y said:
94Smith":3mipvc7y said:
Also regarding possible turnovers , Jimmy is prone to throwing bone headed ints as well.

It feels like Lynch force fed Jimmy G down everyone's throat because he jumped to sign him to such a ludicrous deal without first learning his limitations. What are Jimmy's limitations? Where do I start. Blind as a bat and doesn't see the field. Wobbly off target balls. Turnover machine. Can't throw well past 4 yards. Can't run and doesn't know how to slide but he's good with the hand offs and shovel passes. He's making 27 mil against the cap and your roster isn't all that great. Ranked dead last in fact by ESPN and Fox. None of that matters obviously if you run 80/20 lol Still......How do you give a guy $139 mil for 8 short passes per game. Tim Tebow could do that for the league minimum and run better

Not all of this is true.

Throws great short and intermediate between the #s, at top 10 level. Faster release than most.

If his outside the #s and overall deep ball were better, he'd be definite franchise QB.

Clear over the top bias. You must fight all the guys in the Hawk forum that question Russell Wilson not being God QB with cleats. :D

Wilson still hasn't made a SB without a #1 defense. Jimmy G might luck into that one day in this league, but definitely not 3-4 years in a row.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":36h2sioz said:
Fade":36h2sioz said:
[youtube]hoV-CSv9UGY[/youtube]
PROJECT. :shock: I'd be mortified to start him, both Kurt & Kyle agree.

He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.

OMG that’s hilarious.

Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

Stunner.

You only quote the second one. Lol.

And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
NINEster":1bn7yphe said:
Marvin49":1bn7yphe said:
Fade":1bn7yphe said:

He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.

OMG that’s hilarious.

Stunner.

I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
"We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":r423g0kb said:
NINEster":r423g0kb said:
Marvin49":r423g0kb said:
Fade":r423g0kb said:

OMG that’s hilarious.

Stunner.

OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
"We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol

Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

I dream of the day he retires. :)

I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":2qsc6r32 said:
ArlosSpecial":2qsc6r32 said:
NINEster":2qsc6r32 said:
Marvin49":2qsc6r32 said:
OMG that’s hilarious.

Stunner.

Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":uizi0wmj said:
Marvin49":uizi0wmj said:
ArlosSpecial":uizi0wmj said:
NINEster":uizi0wmj said:

I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol

117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Washington49er":1ipf68pt said:
ArlosSpecial":1ipf68pt said:
Marvin49":1ipf68pt said:
ArlosSpecial":1ipf68pt said:

Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":ybxpq8lp said:
Washington49er":ybxpq8lp said:
ArlosSpecial":ybxpq8lp said:
Marvin49":ybxpq8lp said:

Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust

Thanks for proving my point.

P.S. 2-0

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Marvin has a lot of anger in his heart, and too much time on his hands. Don't encourage him, he's embarrassed himself enough already.

JimmyG is a mostly good, but can't stay healthy, hot B+ QB. Nothing to be ashamed about. He sure is easy on the eyes tho, which I'm sure the NFL Entertainment Complex appreciates esp in a market like SF. See also formally: Saleh. More close-ups please!

And yeah, the Nooners haven't wont the SB in 26 years, so that is literally a generation ago. But keep referencing it ad nausea, that will surely help your return to glory. Half of the current roster wasn't even born then.

Remember when the Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup? In 1917? I'm never going to let that go, ever. LOLZ.

1GoldenPuck is my new handle.

Latest posts