The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Washington49er":27vzhi6o said:
ArlosSpecial":27vzhi6o said:
Washington49er":27vzhi6o said:
ArlosSpecial":27vzhi6o said:
I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol

117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.
Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust

Thanks for proving my point.

P.S. 2-0
This thread is about first round busts for the 49ers in general. Specifically Trey Lance but I'll give the kid a fair shake at least. Aiyuk on the other hand has had 3 years to prove himself and so far he's a first round bust.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":nrkw2jun said:
Washington49er":nrkw2jun said:
ArlosSpecial":nrkw2jun said:
Washington49er":nrkw2jun said:
117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

P.S. 2-0
This thread is about first round busts for the 49ers in general. Specifically Trey Lance but I'll give the kid a fair shake at least. Aiyuk on the other hand has had 3 years to prove himself and so far he's a first round bust.

Bro….just stop posting. You are lost.

1) Thread was about 49ers supposedly screwing up QB position.
2) Its week three of Aiyuks SECOND season. Not “3 years”. He’s played 14 carrier games and has over 800 combined yards and 7 TDs.

Bro. What on gods green earth are you babbling about?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":3uq9u186 said:
ArlosSpecial":3uq9u186 said:
Washington49er":3uq9u186 said:
ArlosSpecial":3uq9u186 said:

P.S. 2-0

Bro….just stop posting. You are lost.

1) Thread was about 49ers supposedly screwing up QB position.
2) Its week three of Aiyuks SECOND season. Not “3 years”. He’s played 14 carrier games and has over 800 combined yards and 7 TDs.

Bro. What on gods green earth are you babbling about?

This clown doesn't know football. Where's the other clown that was talking smack about Detroit putting up 33 on the 9ers D?

0-2 Vikings carved up their D and put up 30. At least 9ers beat Detroit

Threedee

Reaction score
Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Threedee":298jxxdo said:
Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.

Sigh.

He was in their own damn backyard at Cal and WANTED to be a 49er. He was the guy I wanted too. They did take Gore in the third round tho.

Worst part to me? The OC in SF that year who helped pick Alex Smith over him? Mike McCarthy.

Niners did it in 2000 as well with another QB who wanted to play for SF but ended up in NE instead. Took Giovanni Carmazzi. That #12 from Michigan (#10 while in school) turned out OK.

I love Bill Walsh, but the man wasn't infallible.

94Smith

Reaction score
Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

Trey has looked great in the few attempts he has had in goaline situations.

Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

Looks like the only "botching" that was done was by wishful Seahawks fans!

No one is taking "the fall" for this because there is no fall. :2thumbs:

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":2umt14by said:
Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

Considering the amount of injured running backs and wr corp, I think Jimmy is do as good as anyone can expect under the circumstances.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
94Smith":3qw9v47b said:

Jimmy is a stop gap and impeding the development of Lance. He has no long-term future with the team.

Lance is currently being used like Taysom Hill.

What you're seeing around the league with rookie QBs is Lance next year, only delaying the inevitable. Lance only started 17 games in college, and played in 1 game last year. He needs real reps reading NFL defenses, being the trigger man.

Realistic hypothetical: The Niners finish with a losing record this year, Trey plays bad next year in his first full year starting. Kyle would then have a losing record in 5 of 6 seasons. Someone's head is going to roll.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Fade":3l6llw8d said:
94Smith":3l6llw8d said:

Jimmy is a stop gap and impeding the development of Lance. He has no long-term future with the team.

Lance is currently being used like Taysom Hill.

What you're seeing around the league with rookie QBs is Lance next year, only delaying the inevitable. Lance only started 17 games in college, and played in 1 game last year. He needs real reps reading NFL defenses, being the trigger man.

Realistic hypothetical: The Niners finish with a losing record this year, Trey plays bad next year in his first full year starting. Kyle would then have a losing record in 5 of 6 seasons. Someone's head is going to roll.

This is utter shit. Look at Mahomes.

Take off your blue and green glasses.

94Smith

Reaction score
Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so

Washington49er

Reaction score
94Smith":rw4ozp5r said:
Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so

Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Washington49er":2j2fhhej said:
94Smith":2j2fhhej said:

Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol

94Smith

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":60x7yrwy said:
Washington49er":60x7yrwy said:
94Smith":60x7yrwy said:

Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol

1-2 Seahawks with their vaunted defense coming up next I guess.

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1loj6kcw said:
Washington49er":1loj6kcw said:
94Smith":1loj6kcw said:

Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Washington49er":c80nzlup said:
ArlosSpecial":c80nzlup said:
Washington49er":c80nzlup said:
94Smith":c80nzlup said:

I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.
You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2rsknooh said:
Washington49er":2rsknooh said:
ArlosSpecial":2rsknooh said:
Washington49er":2rsknooh said:

You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.

"Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":2foe9fk1 said:
ArlosSpecial":2foe9fk1 said:
Washington49er":2foe9fk1 said:
ArlosSpecial":2foe9fk1 said:

You can claim him we have him in the Lost and Found area.

Washington49er

Reaction score
chris98251":njlsl455 said:
Washington49er":njlsl455 said:
ArlosSpecial":njlsl455 said:
Washington49er":njlsl455 said:

Lol

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Washington49er":ncxlyoef said:
chris98251":ncxlyoef said:
Washington49er":ncxlyoef said:
ArlosSpecial":ncxlyoef said:

Lol
From a intellectual who calls everyone “butt hurt” all the time. You are lame…

Washington49er

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":ihqx8gn9 said:
Washington49er":ihqx8gn9 said:
chris98251":ihqx8gn9 said:
Washington49er":ihqx8gn9 said:

Lol
From a intellectual who calls everyone “butt hurt” all the time. You are lame…

If you can't see the difference I can't help you.

Latest posts