The Russell Wilson Ankle Injury Thread (post updates here)

hawknation2016

Reaction score
“He’s pretty good. He’s not in a boot," Carroll said of Wilson, who had his ankle stepped on by Miami defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh in Sunday's 12-10 season-opening win over the Dolphins. "He’s walking around and he’s practicing on Wednesday and he’s planning on playing. We’ll see how it goes.”

"So that’s why I tell you, he’s walking around today, you can hardly tell anything’s wrong with him," Carroll said. "We’ll help him in practice during the week to make sure that we take care of him, but he’s planning on playing.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... practicing
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/775455290888032256[/tweet]

"He got a sprained ankle and he’s got a little bit of swelling and he’ll make it through," Carroll said of Wilson, who was attended to by athletic trainers on the sideline and didn't miss a play against Miami, returning to lead a 75-yard game-winning drive. "I mean, how could you think otherwise? He’s going to make it through it. But we have to take into account that it’s going to be hard, it’s going to be hard for him to practice and stuff like that, so we’ll have to do a few things here.”

Carroll was then asked about results of any testing on Wilson's ankle, such as MRIs or X-rays, to which he replied, "Yeah, he’s all fine there." Later, asked if Wilson's injury was a high-ankle sprain, Carroll noted, "There’s a little bit of everything, but nothing’s very serious. He’s just got a sprained ankle.”

Wilson has never missed a game or practice during his four-plus years in the NFL, with Carroll calling the quarterback's pain tolerance "unbelievable."

“He doesn’t care what it feels like,” Carroll said. “He’s going to go anyway, it doesn’t matter what it is. He was banged up a couple years ago and you guys never even knew it. His teammates didn’t even know it. So he’s a stud.”

Carroll said Wilson took finishing Sunday's game with a setback as "a welcome challenge."

“He took it as a challenge, and a welcome challenge," Carroll said. "He was kind of smiling about, saying, ‘OK, this is going to be harder. Here we go.’ And it was awesome.”

While the quarterback's status will "go day-to-day" this week, Carroll said he expects Wilson to "do everything he possibly can to get back and get right."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... it-through

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/775330180990590977[/tweet]

"It feels a little sore," Wilson said. "I'll be all right -- just a little ice, a little prayer, a lot of treatment."

"I'll be all right. I'll be ready to roll," he said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1752 ... kle-injury

Bob Holtzmann of ESPN reports that Wilson had an x-ray on the ankle after the game, but Wilson didn’t seem concerned about any lingering issues when he spoke to the media after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-alright/

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BobHoltzmanESPN/status/775120818179153921[/tweet]

Carroll said they wanted to limit Wilson’s mobility for a period after the injury occurred by keeping him in the pocket.
“We weren’t sure what he could do," Carroll said. "We didn’t want to tax him too much so we kept him in the pocket more than normal."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/11 ... r-dolphins

uncle fester

Reaction score
Rapoport update.

‏@RapSheet
#Seahawks QB Russell Wilson shrugged it off, but I'm told his sprained ankle is significant. It puts his availability vs #Rams into question

Part of me says put Boykin in vs Rams, Rams don't get to have their usual fun going Hulk Smash on Wilson. May lose, but better long term.

A

Anonymous

NFL Mobile reporting this morning Wilson has a "significant sprain... ...Rams game could be in question".

Still very early in the process folks. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic at this juncture.

Considering the opponent this week and how I feel about Boykin, we may be safe either way. One thing is for sure, Russ will do whatever it takes to start that game.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hate to say it but there's absolutely nothing to be gained by having an injured Wilson play through this. He's better off resting, recovering, trying to get to 100% and returning whenever possible.

They need someone who can lead a conservative offense, get them in and out of plays and run the ball. Defense and running game is good enough to win with that scenario.

Should've had an experienced backup weeks ago. It was a bad decision to roll with an UDFA rookie as the only alternative. A wasted opportunity.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Fisher is good against us since he has played us so many times but if Boykin plays then the game plan would change significantly. This would definitely help us. If it would help us enough only time will tell. At least we have our run game and Graham back (sort of).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like how the offensive line performed. We went up against an absolutely loaded front 7 with Mario Williams, Suh, Cameron Wake, Kiko Alonso, and some very good depth players and, while some players didn't do very well, I think the group as a whole has promise. Glow will grow, Sowell held his own, Britt is far better at center than any other position he's played, and Gilliam did indeed grade out well at RT. When Ifedi gets back, I expect growing pains with him as well. But I am optimistic about the direction of the line.

I fully expect them to get pounded next week against an even better defensive line, but they're going to grow.

What happened to Wilson was a little bit of a freak accident. I don't blame the offensive line. Whiffing on the best DT in the game, it happens. All part of the learning curve.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1k59vjjn said:
Fisher is good against us since he has played us so many times but if Boykin plays then the game plan would change significantly. This would definitely help us. If it would help us enough only time will tell. At least we have our run game and Graham back (sort of).

Boykin can't even get us in and out of plays -- which isn't a major knock on him. He's an UDFA rookie who played in an extreme spread, hurry up offense.

They have to bring in a veteran this week. Somebody who can at least organise the offense in the huddle and has experience reading a defense pre-snap.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Now we see if recovery water actual very good for make better. That ankle feel like terrible today.

getnasty

Reaction score
Not a lot of positive thoughts coming out of this topic. Let's hope it isn't that bad, Ciara keeps it iced and elevated and he's fine. Also if he can't go, I'd rather have Boykin against the Rams then most guys, at least he'll be able to escape pressure which could lead to big plays.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":30qulj67 said:
Now we see if recovery water actual very good for make better. That ankle feel like terrible today.

This guy/gal is turning into my favorite poster.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
We are screwed....royally!! Thank god we have an early bye this season, that might be a blessing in disguise. Boykin will NOT win a game for us.

CPHawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":31y6z7uw said:
Rapoport update.

‏@RapSheet
#Seahawks QB Russell Wilson shrugged it off, but I'm told his sprained ankle is significant. It puts his availability vs #Rams into question

Part of me says put Boykin in vs Rams, Rams don't get to have their usual fun going Hulk Smash on Wilson. May lose, but better long term.

He also reported earlier in the day, that Cushings (Texans LB) had a torn ACL and was done. Turned out to be wrong, it's a torn MCL and he's out for 4-6 weeks. He's not always right.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Not like their QB position is in a much better spot. Mannion and Keenum are barely replacement level and Goff has just as much experience in the NFL as Boykin (absolutely squat).

Their D-line will give our O-line huge problems but our D-line was looking incredible as well, while their O-line isn't all that great. Both sides will have just as much trouble with this.

Thing is that we have a superior secondary and better receiving options.

Even if Russ doesn't play it's not like it's a definite loss.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":txlivrxj said:
[He also reported earlier in the day, that Cushings (Texans LB) had a torn ACL and was done. Turned out to be wrong, it's a torn MCL and he's out for 4-6 weeks. He's not always right.

Rapoport's track record recently has been awful. He said Jack Mewhort was out for the season for the Colts. Said SEA leaning towards starting Joey Hunt vs Miami.

Seems to be speaking with some authority here tho -- three tweets on the subject today already. And we all saw yesterday how bad it appeared to be. He could barely move.

Jac

Reaction score
I don't know how to post Twitter from my phone, but Wilson seemed in fine spirits a few minutes ago with a message saying "see you in LA".

Largent80

Reaction score
They just need to get the ball out quick and RW will be fine, plus he has all week to get treatment.