The Russell Wilson Ankle Injury Thread (post updates here)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2xqfaflh said:
........Sowell held his own...............
Only after Mario Williams went out with a concussion. Until then Sowell was dominated (2 holding penalties and at least 2 whiffs on run blocking that I saw and I'm guessing some QB pressures).

kmeleon

Reaction score
The dude will play. Really not a doubt in my mind. But I do think they need to stick with the "Pocket QB" game plan for this week coming up. No scrambling around, take the easy run up the middle if it's there to keep them honest. Deep breath everyone :mrgreen:

Wartooth

Reaction score
It kind of looked to me like he was playing possum a little.
The 3 rolls of tape, the struggle when he went back in seemed more related to the discomfort of the tape.
That last drive, when he took off running, he looked fine.
I'm willing to wait and see what the team says, not some guy looking for clicks on his twitter.

A

Anonymous

Seems to me the O-line penalties accumulated were no different than any other Seahawks game I watched in recent years. Hell, Okung would get whistled like 2 or three times a game for holds. The good news is Sowell didn't light anybody up for 15, at least, not that I saw. It could have been a LOT worse.

The Russell Tweet sounds encouraging (somebody post please).

BTW, somebody enlighten us on how the whole doctor/player thing goes when he wants to go and they see something fishy. I just got a flash of Billy Bob telling Booty (sp) Miles to not get the shot. (Or am I getting movies swapped around again?)

:snack:

Followthelegion

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":62jx376a said:
BTW, somebody enlighten us on how the whole doctor/player thing goes when he wants to go and they see something fishy. I just got a flash of Billy Bob telling Booty (sp) Miles to not get the shot. (Or am I getting movies swapped around again?)

Haha the Booty Miles injury was Friday Night Lights, with Billy Bob as the coach. He did his knee with a ligament tear and then tried to play again (despite doctors advice) in the big game and destroyed it completely. No shots were given though.

The scene you're thinking of is from Varsity Blues I think? Anyone out there please feel free to correct me....

randomation

Reaction score
Yeah it's Varsity Blues. On topic can we grab Vick for a one a week rental I don't like the idea of a hobbled Russ dealing with that Rams Dline.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If Russ is walking around the Children's Hospital this week in his normal shoes, I think he be alright.

seahawksny

Reaction score
In 4 years he has not missed a game if im not mistaken.

He obviously has played through pain.

He is smart enough to detect what is a serious injury and what isnt

If he plays, i dont think its forced. If he sits, then its because he understands better to sit and come back healthy

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sign Josh Freeman.

Really the only veteran FA that fits the style and has really proven NFL talent back with the Bucs.

:mrgreen:

RCATES

Reaction score
I'm ok with Russ standing in the pocket if he can get decent protection. We are fortunate to have a mobile qb with the poor o-line play buy Russ also takes quite a few sacks and negative plays by always scrambling. Some of his most impressive moments have come from him throwing from the pocket.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3eun5hfi said:
Seems to me the O-line penalties accumulated were no different than any other Seahawks game I watched in recent years. Hell, Okung would get whistled like 2 or three times a game for holds. The good news is Sowell didn't light anybody up for 15, at least, not that I saw. It could have been a LOT worse.....
Yeah at least Sowell didn't get a couple of false start penalties.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Followthelegion":1se26tlj said:
HoustonHawk82":1se26tlj said:

Haha the Booty Miles injury was Friday Night Lights, with Billy Bob as the coach. He did his knee with a ligament tear and then tried to play again (despite doctors advice) in the big game and destroyed it completely. No shots were given though.

The scene you're thinking of is from Varsity Blues I think? Anyone out there please feel free to correct me....

Friday Night Lights- he had a signifigant tear. He played, lied to the coach, telling him he was ok and then re-injured it for career. Not smart. "Booby" Miles was players name.

Varsity Blues- A couple of times, Jon Voight used to infuse them with cortizone ( or something) to cover up serious injuries as quick fix, only to make them vulnerable to serious injury. He was a corrupt coach in that film.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Not worried, RW drinks recovery water with nanobubbles. He'll be fine. #NanoBubbles ;)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/636649695952039936[/tweet]

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Soak it in a bucket of DMSO.. Will take the swelling, pain and heal it in no time.

A

Anonymous

Bobblehead":27krbmkb said:
Soak it in a bucket of DMSO.. Will take the swelling, pain and heal it in no time.

Or, he could soak it in cider.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":8s9ouiqb said:
TatupuIsRRRR":8s9ouiqb said:
Now we see if recovery water actual very good for make better. That ankle feel like terrible today.

This guy/gal is turning into my favorite poster.

Definitely not, grammar matters people.

A

Anonymous

NFSeahawks628":pobliupe said:
Mistashoesta":pobliupe said:
TatupuIsRRRR":pobliupe said:
Now we see if recovery water actual very good for make better. That ankle feel like terrible today.

Sure it does.

Unless, of course, you're from Northeastern Europe and English is your third language.

:34853_doh:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":17kq6yn4 said:
Mistashoesta":17kq6yn4 said:
TatupuIsRRRR":17kq6yn4 said:

So does punctuation, people.