Russ Trade Possibilities Thread.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Just a matter of time folks....it's going to suck donkey balls. :les:

NOSaintsFan09

Reaction score
As a Saints fan, I wish. But I sincerely doubt you guys trade him lol. Makes great offseason discussion though to pass time.

Forthewin

Reaction score
The NFL has reported teams making calls for Russ...so its not totally crazy...every player is disposable.

If a trade does happen, it would be the biggest trade in NFL history! Records would be broken every where! Like 4 1st rounders or something crazy!

AgentDib

Reaction score
This isn't remotely feasible.

First, if we traded Russ to the Saints they would be on the hook for just $19m of his salary next season while we would have nearly $40m in dead money. Of course they would love to get a bargain like that, but it would still put them at $97 million above the cap. They would have to cut most of their good players, and they couldn't send them to us as part of the trade because we couldn't afford them either due to all the dead money.

Second, the trade compensation in draft picks would need to be enormous in order for us to absorb 40 million in dead cap in 2021 let alone parting with our best player. Except the Saints are going to be drafting 28th this year and so their draft picks are some of the least valuable.

Finally, Russ could be interested in playing for Sean Payton someday, but why would he leave a good team now to go to a Saints team that is already nearly $80mil over the cap and would be gutted in the process of trading for him? Russ has a no trade clause and isn't going to just OK a trade to a worse situation.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":ol1n5p66 said:
This isn't remotely feasible.

First, if we traded Russ to the Saints they would be on the hook for just $19m of his salary next season while we would have nearly $40m in dead money. Of course they would love to get a bargain like that, but it would still put them at $97 million above the cap. They would have to cut most of their good players, and they couldn't send them to us as part of the trade because we couldn't afford them either due to all the dead money.

Second, the trade compensation in draft picks would need to be enormous in order for us to absorb 40 million in dead cap in 2021 let alone parting with our best player. Except the Saints are going to be drafting 28th this year and so their draft picks are some of the least valuable.

Finally, Russ could be interested in playing for Sean Payton someday, but why would he leave a good team now to go to a Saints team that is already nearly $80mil over the cap and would be gutted in the process of trading for him? Russ has a no trade clause and isn't going to just OK a trade to a worse situation.

I'm sorry but facts and rational talk are not welcome, can you please leave.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson / Watson trade ?

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1rjtxcy7 said:
I remember when bait and switches like this would get you banned. Not cool.

I don't think threads like this used to get you banned. The thread would get deleted/edited/locked and the author would get a warning, but nobody got banned unless they kept ignoring warnings over and over.

But either way, yeah, lame (and lazy) bait and switch attempt.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OP, I edited your subject title to add the word OPINION. Please do not start topics that sound like you are reporting real news when you are merely stating an opinion. Thank you.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xray":n08bx3qi said:
Wilson / Watson trade ?
I love Russ but why would Houston make this trade?
Also Russ has a no trade clause in his contract so there is that.

I know you were just spit balling here, no harm, no foul.
Watson and Mahomes are the 2 QB’s I’d trade Russ for.
The other teams wouldn’t do it because the other 2 QB’s are younger and have more tread left on the tires.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I once stayed in a HOLIDAY INN, & played Chinese Checkers in the lobby.
OOOPS, er uh, :oops: while I was wearing my SEAHAWKS baseball cap.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Start out with a minimum of 4 first round picks, then you can start listening. Along with your best O Lineman. Minimum, as a starting point.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I read an article saying that Las Vegas is interested in Russ and that he has strong ties to Gruden. What do people think about a potential Russ trade to Vegas for Carr and a draft haul?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Keep Carr and give up the backup.
The picks better be good for it to happen and it has to be
after June 1st to avoid the $40 million dead money cap charge.

Latest posts