Russ Trade Possibilities Thread.

hannibalking

Reaction score
We'll trade Russ for 4 first round picks and then draft a bunch of guys who would have been available in the 4th round. :p

SarG3Hawk

Reaction score
If Miami calls and offers:

Tua + their two 1sts + next years first and then maybe sprinkle some 2nd or 3rd round pick...
Do you guys think it’s worth considering?

NJlargent

Reaction score
The fact that there’s a discussion out there about trading Wilson is just further evidence of what a failure PC is. Wilson should have been a hawk his whole career with multiple rings. Mismanaged badly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Raiders are shopping Mariota not Carr (at that's what I saw on ESPN ticker over the weekend). Mariota may make sense because he could run the option but Derek Carr would get lit up more than Russ has behind the current Seahawk OL. Watson would be the best case trade scenario. But I don't see it happening.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The more first round picks we get the more third round quality players we can draft.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chawker":1p7qw8we said:
Just like sand through an hourglass, so are the days of our lives....
LOL, More like,> 'S#*t Through a Tin Horn', "So goes the days of our lives". :rofl:

Rat

Reaction score
SarG3Hawk":2ftc9ofy said:

Tua + their two 1sts + next years first and then maybe sprinkle some 2nd or 3rd round pick...

Easily. I like the idea of targeting Tua while his stock is lower, and then getting someone like Sewell to protect him right off the bat? That'd be an amazing package.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This thread makes no sense.

I would not trade Russ for 5 firsts.

There is no circumstance where trading Russ works out well for us.

We just become the 76ers after they traded Charles Barkley. Remember they were going to the playoffs with him.

Barkley continued to go to playoffs and even an NBA finals. The 76ers went into the toilet.

The 76ers just sucked for a while.

Imagine the Seahawks without a 4th quarter comeback. Those first 3 quarters of a game before Wilson brings us back? That would be the Hawks under Carroll without Wilson. We would still win games because Carroll has perfected that Ty Willinghamesque version of coaching we all call "PeteBall" (Even though Ty did it first).

But the playoffs would be a memory. No chance.

No matter how many 1sts got dumped on our doorstep.

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

UK_Seahawk":31lcqcgh said:
AgentDib":31lcqcgh said:
This isn't remotely feasible.

First, if we traded Russ to the Saints they would be on the hook for just $19m of his salary next season while we would have nearly $40m in dead money. Of course they would love to get a bargain like that, but it would still put them at $97 million above the cap. They would have to cut most of their good players, and they couldn't send them to us as part of the trade because we couldn't afford them either due to all the dead money.

Second, the trade compensation in draft picks would need to be enormous in order for us to absorb 40 million in dead cap in 2021 let alone parting with our best player. Except the Saints are going to be drafting 28th this year and so their draft picks are some of the least valuable.

Finally, Russ could be interested in playing for Sean Payton someday, but why would he leave a good team now to go to a Saints team that is already nearly $80mil over the cap and would be gutted in the process of trading for him? Russ has a no trade clause and isn't going to just OK a trade to a worse situation.

I'm sorry but facts and rational talk are not welcome, can you please leave.
LMAO

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

Aros":13kan4np said:
OP, I edited your subject title to add the word OPINION. Please do not start topics that sound like you are reporting real news when you are merely stating an opinion. Thank you.
Thank you !

TraderGary

Reaction score
NJlargent":5mh4ruro said:
The fact that there’s a discussion out there about trading Wilson is just further evidence of what a failure PC is. Wilson should have been a hawk his whole career with multiple rings. Mismanaged badly.
Absolutely agree 1000%

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1s63m5qu said:
Wilson doesn't have the mental toughness to deal with Gruden's harsh criticism.

If he can't handle being held accountable by Pete, there's no way he would handle Gruden.

I think Russ has proven he is as resilient as they come. Don't mistake the nice guy exterior for lack of internal toughness.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Rat":7xsdkok7 said:
SarG3Hawk":7xsdkok7 said:

Easily. I like the idea of targeting Tua while his stock is lower, and then getting someone like Sewell to protect him right off the bat? That'd be an amazing package.

Sure, if you enjoy going 7-9 for the next 5 years and finishing a consistent 3rd in the division. Amazing doesn;t quite describe it...

Rat

Reaction score
Tusc2000":co5xf0cc said:
Rat":co5xf0cc said:
SarG3Hawk":co5xf0cc said:

Sure, if you enjoy going 7-9 for the next 5 years and finishing a consistent 3rd in the division. Amazing doesn;t quite describe it...
I'd aim higher than that, but even in your scenario, we'd only have one fewer playoff win than we've had over the past four seasons. And even that was a one-possession against a 9-7 team from the league's worst division with a 40-year-old QB who had never taken a snap in a playoff game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Carroll somehow is the impetus for Wilson's departure then Pete would literally be responsible for the 2 biggest Ls in Seahawk football history.

That would be a big part of his legacy.

He won us a SB. Probably the most important win in the history of Seattle sports. Maybe more than any other championship here.

But man, he would be wearing out his welcome fast if he drives Wilson off.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":31md39j0 said:
If Carroll somehow is the impetus for Wilson's departure then Pete would literally be responsible for the 2 biggest Ls in Seahawk football history.

That would be a big part of his legacy.

He won us a SB. Probably the most important win in the history of Seattle sports. Maybe more than any other championship here.

But man, he would be wearing out his welcome fast if he drives Wilson off.
Times are changing man!

Carroll better get off his high horse in believing his way is the only way of winning.

Cause if he continues this he’ll inevitably lose Wilson in the process.

Jody Allen better open her eyes and understand Wilson vs Carroll is now her responsibility and she needs to make a call who she would like to please more.

I am loving this! This makes for a very compelling off-season!

Got my popcorn ready!

Let’s see how this plays out!

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle would be interested in a trade with a AFC team like NYJ, PATs, MAI or CAR ok carolina is a NFC team.

First, Seattle wants to select there next QB. Russ should draw a top 10 selection plus extras, meaning more picks. Why? Its a cap thing. One player they may be interested in is Tray Lance.

But, my money is on Russ being our starting QB for 2021.

W

Welshers

What is the answer at QB? It's incredibly unlikely they would trade him for another QB like Watson. It will most likely be for 1sts. All I know is that Geno is NOT the answer. They will have to pick someone up in the draft.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3vxewhey said:
I read an article saying that Las Vegas is interested in Russ and that he has strong ties to Gruden. What do people think about a potential Russ trade to Vegas for Carr and a draft haul?

Hell no i just don't trust this FO in the draft anymore. They should never have extended Pete for that many years just not a smart decision. If it comes down to Wilson or Pete for me it's not even close . Pete your fired.