Russ Trade Possibilities Thread.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
knownone":3hn1bgo9 said:
Fade":3hn1bgo9 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3hn1bgo9 said:
After thinking about this for a few days i think if the jets were to give us four first round picks or 3 firsts and a second you have to seriously consider it. In fact i think i would make that trade .Seattle has done very little with Wilson in the Playoffs since the Super Bowl. I don't see that changing you will never get more for him then right now. There's pitfalls for sure but if they drafted right it could revitalize this entire organization.

Wait until you see how much Pete does without Wilson if he ever gets that chance. Trading Wilson isn't the answer. Building him a top level O-Line, and letting the OC run the show on offense in concert with Russ is.
Are you sure? Russell was the 10th and 8th in passing efficiency in our two Super Bowl seasons, and he averaged about 150 fewer throws than every other QB on the list.

I understand believing Russ gives Seattle the best chance of winning, and thus, building around and catering to him. However, I don't understand why you'd then also have to undervalue Pete's ability to coach. If Pete and JS moved on from Russ, I have zero doubt they'd build a viable contender within 2 seasons. Russ gives them the best chance of winning a SB, but he's not the sole reason they are competitive or have been competitive in the past.
I think they're a perfect match for each other style wise. Russell has other ambitions which are perfectly fine, but he's probably gonna have to exercise those ambitions elsewhere.

Fade

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1dnvniuq said:
I think trading RW is the answer! Russ throws interceptions & his Houdini run tricks don’t work anymore! Everybody says he’s a HOF I have no clue why? But I’ll go with it if it gets us our new Franchise Rookie QB and draft picks.

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FSu0aljmbFVghW2Fgiphy

Russell Wilson throws interceptions at the 6th lowest rate in NFL History. Having done that behind bottom of the barrel offensive lines for his entire career. No QB could ever do this for 9 seasons, given the degree of difficulty. Fiction can be fun, but i like to stick with the facts. When you look at the statistical company he keeps pace with, and add the amount of games he's won, then you would know why he's a HoFer. How many franchise QBs have been drafted over the last 5 years, out of how many QBs drafted? If it was guaranteed sign me up. But it isn't, far from it.

Building properly around the Franchise QB you already have is a much easier prospect. Blame the mismanagers not the QB who has to clean up the mess, and then get mad because he cannot pull the rabbit out of the hat every time, propping up what has been a failed process for YEARS.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
chris98251":23n643wz said:
FresnoHawk68":23n643wz said:
SoulfishHawk":23n643wz said:
Again, no trade clause. He would have to approve it. Why in the world would he want to play for the Jets? Other than the media hype. That team is a long way from being a playoff contender.

RW is already playing for the best organization in the league! He should go to the Jets because they’re just as good as anyone else, besides the CAA crew want RW in NY, so adios Seattle & Hello NY. The NY & FL elites are probably fighting over RW right now when the results come in CAA will be notified and instruct Sierra to tell Russ where to go.

It's Ciara..........

My Granddaughter is Sierra.

Sorry I meant no disrespect and it would given me the creeps too.

Fade

Reaction score
knownone":33bhvys0 said:
After thinking about this for a
I understand believing Russ gives Seattle the best chance of winning, and thus, building around and catering to him. However, I don't understand why you'd then also have to undervalue Pete's ability to coach. If Pete and JS moved on from Russ, I have zero doubt they'd build a viable contender within 2 seasons. Russ gives them the best chance of winning a SB, but he's not the sole reason they are competitive or have been competitive in the past.
I think they're a perfect match for each other style wise. Russell has other ambitions which are perfectly fine, but he's probably gonna have to exercise those ambitions elsewhere.

If you watched the games, then you would know Wilson would pull off herculean efforts in the 4th quarter to win a lot of those games. That only a skillset of a franchise QB could pulloff.

TJack and other game managers are not good enough to get it done.

the 2011 Seahawks featured the #2 scoring defense, a top 5 run game, and they went 7-9.

If Pete does not have a franchise QB, he will hover around .500 at best, or be the worst team in the division at worst.

If/When Wilson goes away the winning goes away.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Fade":22ef2jub said:
FresnoHawk68":22ef2jub said:
I think trading RW is the answer! Russ throws interceptions & his Houdini run tricks don’t work anymore! Everybody says he’s a HOF I have no clue why? But I’ll go with it if it gets us our new Franchise Rookie QB and draft picks.

Russell Wilson throws interceptions at the 6th lowest rate in NFL History. Having done that behind bottom of the barrel offensive lines for his entire career. No QB could ever do this for 9 seasons, given the degree of difficulty. Fiction can be fun, but i like to stick with the facts. When you look at the statistical company he keeps pace with, and add the amount of games he's won, then you would know why he's a HoFer. How many franchise QBs have been drafted over the last 5 years, out of how many QBs drafted? If it was guaranteed sign me up. But it isn't, far from it.

Building properly around the Franchise QB you already have is a much easier prospect. Blame the mismanagers not the QB who has to clean up the mess, and then get mad because he cannot pull the rabbit out of the hat every time, propping up what has been a failed process for YEARS.

Nah I’m done with Russ the Arizona game proved to me his best is behind him. But if you want ti call him a HOFer I’m cool with that, it’s going to get us better trade value.

Fact Justin Fields is a better prospect than RW was. Is Justin Fields the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th best QB in this draft? We have lots of options looking from afar. Hopefully Schneider has targeted at least 2 guys. Loved the fact Schneider was on the hunt for Mahomes & Josh Allen and only those 2 QB’s.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Fade":3dpagref said:
knownone":3dpagref said:
After thinking about this for a

If you watched the games, then you would know Wilson would pull off herculean efforts in the 4th quarter to win a lot of those games. That only a skillset of a franchise QB could pulloff.

TJack and other game managers are not good enough to get it done.

the 2011 Seahawks featured the #2 scoring defense, a top 5 run game, and they went 7-9.

If Pete does not have a franchise QB, he will hover around .500 at best, or be the worst team in the division at worst.

If/When Wilson goes away the winning goes away.

If you watched the games in 2020 he failed over & over again to make come backs. It’s over RW probably sucks.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":3ambvvh0 said:

This 100%

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Fade":28eua7cc said:
Northwest Seahawk":28eua7cc said:
After thinking about this for a few days i think if the jets were to give us four first round picks or 3 firsts and a second you have to seriously consider it. In fact i think i would make that trade .Seattle has done very little with Wilson in the Playoffs since the Super Bowl. I don't see that changing you will never get more for him then right now. There's pitfalls for sure but if they drafted right it could revitalize this entire organization.

Wait until you see how much Pete does without Wilson if he ever gets that chance. Trading Wilson isn't the answer. Building him a top level O-Line, and letting the OC run the show on offense in concert with Russ is.
Where is the money for this top level OL?
It takes 2-3 yrs to develop a rookie unless he is sure fire top 5 pick
which we won't have if we stand pat.
We don't have FA $ either if we stand pat.
We could just cut/trade his weapons off at WR and on D
Then the story will be:He has no offense around him.
He has no D to support him.
Meanwhile we will get stuck with an aging fast QB with no
value.
You that short sighted?The Rams offense needed a D to work(Btw)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What Fade said, accurate...….
People literally just make stuff up about Russ that doesn't exist. All while ignoring FACTS about how much he has done w/what he has had to work with.
But, this is the same page that someone said he was concentrating on perfume more than football :?

Fade

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1eb4czjs said:
Fade":1eb4czjs said:
Northwest Seahawk":1eb4czjs said:

Where is the money for this top level OL?
It takes 2-3 yrs to develop a rookie unless he is sure fire top 5 pick
which we won't have if we stand pat.
We don't have FA $ either if we stand pat.
We could just cut/trade his weapons off at WR and on D
Then the story will be:He has no offense around him.
He has no D to support him.
Meanwhile we will get stuck with an aging fast QB with no
value.
You that short sighted?The Rams offense needed a D to work(Btw)

Impossible. I was told you can't build an O-Line and Defense if you pay the QB.

The irony.

ducks41468

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1z3p9i7i said:
Fade":1z3p9i7i said:
FresnoHawk68":1z3p9i7i said:

Nah I’m done with Russ the Arizona game proved to me his best is behind him. But if you want ti call him a HOFer I’m cool with that, it’s going to get us better trade value.

Fact Justin Fields is a better prospect than RW was. Is Justin Fields the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th best QB in this draft? We have lots of options looking from afar. Hopefully Schneider has targeted at least 2 guys. Loved the fact Schneider was on the hunt for Mahomes & Josh Allen and only those 2 QB’s.

You're putting an awful lot of faith in this team being able to immediately draft a high-end starting quality QB right off the bat, when history shows that teams are overwhelmingly incapable of doing so. Even after the Colts ended up with Luck shortly after Manning they never accomplished anything and ran him into the ground.

Like your absolute upside is that you get another Wilson and end up back in the same position you were in with Wilson to begin with, while the downside is that you spend two decades trying to get back to the playoffs at all after sacrificing 5 years of Wilson. It's not like you're trading Wilson for an immediate upgrade to a 23 year old Brady who's going to win you 6 SB's. There are decades of history that prove that finding and then winning with a generational QB is virtually impossible, given that even guys like Brees and Rodgers have the same number of SB wins as shitty old Wilson

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
ducks41468":buq0k9d9 said:
FresnoHawk68":buq0k9d9 said:
Fade":buq0k9d9 said:
FresnoHawk68":buq0k9d9 said:

You're putting an awful lot of faith in this team being able to immediately draft a high-end starting quality QB right off the bat, when history shows that teams are overwhelmingly incapable of doing so. Even after the Colts ended up with Luck shortly after Manning they never accomplished anything and ran him into the ground.

Like your absolute upside is that you get another Wilson and end up back in the same position you were in with Wilson to begin with, while the downside is that you spend two decades trying to get back to the playoffs at all after sacrificing 5 years of Wilson. It's not like you're trading Wilson for an immediate upgrade to a 23 year old Brady who's going to win you 6 SB's. There are decades of history that prove that finding and then winning with a generational QB is virtually impossible, given that even guys like Brees and Rodgers have the same number of SB wins as $h!t old Wilson

Yes I’m putting faith in Schneider & Carrol! The timing must be perfect! There must be a QB or 2 that they believe will be better than RW. I suspect this draft is a draft where Seattle could source RW’s replacement, if not keep RW. I suspect RW is upset because Pete & John want him upset so he will waive his “no trade” clause.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":jdkjwyvj said:
Has anyone seen this ridiculous 4 way trade suggestion? So we end up with Jimmy G and the Niners get Deshaun Watson? Um, hard pass.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-yo ... am-darnold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, A Niners fan wet dream. Jimmy Glass is not good, and wouldn’t last one game with our O-line, he’d be stretchered off in the first quarter of the first game.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
No way Seattle pays 23 million for a QB. Seattle needs a draft pick for a certain QB in this draft & a cheap veteran QB to play most of the 2021 season. All of the complaining in the media by RW is to try to develop a deal. Dolphins have made it known they would go after Watson if he’s available = they should be interested in RW too.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2e410z0e said:
ducks41468":2e410z0e said:
FresnoHawk68":2e410z0e said:
Fade":2e410z0e said:

Like your absolute upside is that you get another Wilson and end up back in the same position you were in with Wilson to begin with, while the downside is that you spend two decades trying to get back to the playoffs at all after sacrificing 5 years of Wilson. It's not like you're trading Wilson for an immediate upgrade to a 23 year old Brady who's going to win you 6 SB's. There are decades of history that prove that finding and then winning with a generational QB is virtually impossible, given that even guys like Brees and Rodgers have the same number of SB wins as $h!t old Wilson

Yes I’m putting faith in Schneider & Carrol! The timing must be perfect! There must be a QB or 2 that they believe will be better than RW. I suspect this draft is a draft where Seattle could source RW’s replacement, if not keep RW. I suspect RW is upset because Pete & John want him upset so he will waive his “no trade” clause.

32 Teams have thought this same thing over the years. Ask the Broncos how easy that is, ask the Browns how easy that is, ask the Jets how easy that is, ask the Bills, Vikings, and the list goes on and on.

There is more to a QB then being on a team that has personnel head and shoulders above their competition, They don't get pressured and think under duress as much, they can be sloppy, they can let others lead.

Lets look at the Great QB's recently, Brady, not a athlete, more a statue. Same could be said for Manning, but they have guile, smarts, quick thinking.

Then Farve, not the sharpest tool in the shed about a lot of things, but was middle of the road athletically but had a knack of challenging the odds and paying off, had a factor that got everyone playing at a higher level, got by on guts and an arm many times.

Montana's and Young's history is well documented, but they were leaders and had the it factor as well, not physically above the rest other then Young being mobile and both unflinchingly tough and could make microsecond decisions.

Measuring Heart and toughness is almost impossible, measuring guile and the IT factor really hard to do unless you look past measurables and see the way a team respects and rallies and plays up a level for that guy. Measuring processing, reaction, and execution speed is the hardest because it varies by situation. The greats have this ability and it's all very fast.

Why Kurt Warner was able to succeed, really fast processing ability to execution.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3ubp732t said:
FresnoHawk68":3ubp732t said:
ducks41468":3ubp732t said:
FresnoHawk68":3ubp732t said:

32 Teams have thought this same thing over the years. Ask the Broncos how easy that is, ask the Browns how easy that is, ask the Jets how easy that is, ask the Bills, Vikings, and the list goes on and on.

There is more to a QB then being on a team that has personnel head and shoulders above their competition, They don't get pressured and think under duress as much, they can be sloppy, they can let others lead.

Lets look at the Great QB's recently, Brady, not a athlete, more a statue. Same could be said for Manning, but they have guile, smarts, quick thinking.

Then Farve, not the sharpest tool in the shed about a lot of things, but was middle of the road athletically but had a knack of challenging the odds and paying off, had a factor that got everyone playing at a higher level, got by on guts and an arm many times.

Montana's and Young's history is well documented, but they were leaders and had the it factor as well, not physically above the rest other then Young being mobile and both unflinchingly tough and could make microsecond decisions.

Measuring Heart and toughness is almost impossible, measuring guile and the IT factor really hard to do unless you look past measurables and see the way a team respects and rallies and plays up a level for that guy. Measuring processing, reaction, and execution speed is the hardest because it varies by situation. The greats have this ability and it's all very fast.

Why Kurt Warner was able to succeed, really fast processing ability to execution.
Your right on those QB's..Processing ability to execution.
Which is my biggest problem with RW..I don't see much of that if the deep ball isn't there.
His legs hid that flaw until they couldn't anymore.