49ers sux

Sherminator

Reaction score
I know you guys are entitled to your opinions and all, but dang some of these rants are hilarious

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":11ev36w8 said:
It's not like they used the fog horn at Candlestick for fear that ships would hit it in the night.

A ship hitting Candlestick might have cleaned up the place though. :D

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":u0lcow8v said:
chris98251":u0lcow8v said:
Have a question, why does the 49ers use a Foghorn after a Touchdown when they are not even close to the water now?

S.C. not S.F.

Well, 2 things...

1) It's a tradition
2) they are less than a mile from the water.

It's not like they used the fog horn at Candlestick for fear that ships would hit it in the night.
Keep spinning honey. Hint Marvin just do like Frankie says...."Relax" because week 13 is a LONG way away.;)

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":11vfwg1m said:
chris98251":11vfwg1m said:
Have a question, why does the 49ers use a Foghorn after a Touchdown when they are not even close to the water now?

S.C. not S.F.

Well, 2 things...

1) It's a tradition
2) they are less than a mile from the water.

Yeah I understand tradition, I also remember games where the fog would also roll into Candlestick.

Doubt you have that same effect going forward, maybe they should change it to sirens.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Ehhh. Preseason...

I don't typically care too much about the demise of other teams, but in the preseason I care even less. We'll see how it goes in the regular season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Its still only preseason but it is kind of alarming how the first team has had 0TD's.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":58r3vgs7 said:
Ehhh. Preseason...

I don't typically care too much about the demise of other teams, but in the preseason I care even less. We'll see how it goes in the regular season.

Honestly the one thing that has me concerned is that Mike Iupati looked like a matador. Didn't look like himself

Might be that Luiget(sp?) on SD is just that good or it could be that Mike it struggling. He got Kap hit pretty hard three different times. He also missed blocks in the run game. He's been a great player so I gotta think this isn't a sign of decline, but that was my biggest concern by a long shot.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I want the 49ers to suck.

But I know they have talent, I know their coach is a secretive bastard who won't want to show his hand to any team he will face again this season, and I know that having that high quality of an opponent is fundamentally good for my team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jj3kdzzz said:

But I know they have talent, I know their coach is a secretive bastard who won't want to show his hand to any team he will face again this season, and I know that having that high quality of an opponent is fundamentally good for my team.

Some truth in them being uber-vanilla...but that doesn't explain an all-pro lineman paying like a rookie free agent

He's too good a player so hoping it was just a bad day, but that's my biggest concern.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":yjg0drf4 said:
Scottemojo":yjg0drf4 said:

Some truth in them being uber-vanilla...but that doesn't explain an all-pro lineman paying like a rookie free agent

He's too good a player so hoping it was just a bad day, but that's my biggest concern.
Kaepernick isn't running at all. If that game is regular season I count a half dozen times he takes off vs the Chargers. And kills that slow ass D.

I would not worry at all if I were you. Gawddam, I can't believe I am spinning FOR Marv.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":29u168w6 said:
Marvin49":29u168w6 said:
Scottemojo":29u168w6 said:

Kaepernick isn't running at all. If that game is regular season I count a half dozen times he takes off vs the Chargers. And kills that slow ass D.

I would not worry at all if I were you. Gawddam, I can't believe I am spinning FOR Marv.

Lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
All I know is I'd be rather concerned about the Seahawks offense if the first unit looked as poor as the 49ers' first unit has this preseason thus far.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hey Marv, can you use that fancy stadium app to order a rape whistle for your first stingers?

chris98251

Reaction score
I believe that the 49ers offense are much like the Seahawks on defense, we have not shown a lot of aggressiveness nor have we attempted to send any message this preseason but have played pretty straight up zone and used a bend not break mentality.

I am not buying into our defensive play while still not looking like crap anymore then an inept 49ers offense, I think the second team showed more today and ran a much more diverse play set to evaluate players and is why they showed life. Give the first unit more of that and I think the 49er offense looks much better.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How bad is the Martin injury? That could be big. My buess is Iupati will be fine. He's been a beast up until this point so doubt he struggles when it matters.

I know its the preseason and they can iron this stuff out but the offense has just looked bad. The defense will definitely regress and had a pedestrian DVOA last year before the injuries. If the offense can pick up the slack San Fran could be in trouble.

Marvin49

Reaction score
austinslater25":1fs94kvt said:
How bad is the Martin injury? That could be big. My buess is Iupati will be fine. He's been a beast up until this point so doubt he struggles when it matters.

I know its the preseason and they can iron this stuff out but the offense has just looked bad. The defense will definitely regress and had a pedestrian DVOA last year before the injuries. If the offense can pick up the slack San Fran could be in trouble.

Dunno on Martin. MRI tomorrow. Didn't look like much, but you never know with knees.

Ozzy

Reaction score
thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Hope he's alright honestly. Never root for anyone to get hurt.

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":3mayx2vq said:
austinslater25":3mayx2vq said:

Dunno on Martin. MRI tomorrow. Didn't look like much, but you never know with knees.

The hit Bradford took didn't look like much either. Knee injuries suck!