49ers sux

rideaducati

Reaction score
Weadoption":e69b86uh said:
I thought the stadium was pretty badass, there must be bazillion monitors in that place.
Sun just beat down on us though it was definitely 15 dollar cold beer time.
My thoughts on the upcoming year for this team are no different than last year really.
The secondary will struggle at times but the front 7 D will be more than good enough barring additional injuries or bomb threats.
The O line will gel and be average to good in pass blocking and very good in run blocking.
The running game will we good to very good.
My real worry for the team really starts and ends with the play and decision making of Kap.
All other considerations pale in comparison to him learning how to exist and succeed in the pocket.
Dude is still the king of the 1-read bailout laser throw(usually Boldin).
He just makes the game look hard at times, while RW seems to do exactly the opposite.
If the game ever slows down for him mentally he could still be Jesus with a football.

The game would have to stop for Kaep to get a hold of it mentally...ain't gonna happen.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Does Carlos Hyde get significant playing time this season? I drafted him in my fantasy league because let's face it, Gore has more wear than a 1994 Ford Taurus whose sole owners were smuggling Mexicans through the desert at high speeds since it left the showroom. And Hyde is basically a brand new lifted 4x4 diesel van with 35" mud tires on it so you know he's gonna see some action.

I just wonder how soon?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HansGruber":3sx30cvz said:
Does Carlos Hyde get significant playing time this season? I drafted him in my fantasy league because let's face it, Gore has more wear than a 1994 Ford Taurus whose sole owners were smuggling Mexicans through the desert at high speeds since it left the showroom. And Hyde is basically a brand new lifted 4x4 diesel van with 35" mud tires on it so you know he's gonna see some action.

I just wonder how soon?

If you have watched Gore this preseason he looks like someone stuck a fork in him this off season. Great guy and team leader but to me there is no doubt his expiration date has expired and he is starting to smell.

Hyde looks very good and like an upgrade over what Gore brings now but we will have to see how he looks when the real games start.

If you got Hyde late I think it could be a steal but I wouldn't waste good picks on him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":4en86fog said:
HansGruber":4en86fog said:

I just wonder how soon?

If you have watched Gore this preseason he looks like someone stuck a fork in him this off season. Great guy and team leader but to me there is no doubt his expiration date has expired and he is starting to smell.

Hyde looks very good and like an upgrade over what Gore brings now but we will have to see how he looks when the real games start.

If you got Hyde late I think it could be a steal but I wouldn't waste good picks on him.

....sometimes I just don't know where you get this stuff.

Gores entire Preseason has consisted of about 6 snaps.

3 carries. A 9 yards gain, a 3 yard gain for a first down on 3rd and 1, and a loss on the first carry of the game last week when he got nailed in the backfield.

I'm not saying he won't slow down, but just where in his grand total of 6 snaps did he look like "someone stuck a fork in him?"

Agree on Hyde...looks fantastic. My only complaint is that I think he needs to get his pads down in crowds. He sometimes lets a LB get under his pads and knock him backwards.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1e4dfctx said:
HansGruber":1e4dfctx said:

I just wonder how soon?

Got him in the second-to-last round and I need a quality starter at RB. I've got Knowshon Moreno and Zac Stacy in my starting lineup for Week 1 and am considering activating Carlos Hyde and putting Moreno on the bench.

I grabbed Hyde for his potential later in the season, but I'm not feeling good about Moreno. Just curious how Niner fans felt about Hyde out of the gates - i.e., does he get many touches to start the season or are the Niners going to continue to lean mostly on Gore?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't want to play eight games on that turf that's for sure. Injuries waiting to happen there. Hope we survive it the one week we play in Santa Clara.

There's just been such a negative vibe around the Niners this year. The reported fall-out between GM & coach. Harbaugh being linked with other jobs. It got ugly.

They're good enough to rally when the season begins but we'll see. It just all seems to be unravelling a bit.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I have to say, Marvin, that Kaepernick demonstrated the difference between "quick" (Wilson) and "fast" (Kaepernick) for a QB when it comes to consistently poor pass protection this past weekend pretty effectively. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":hkxqxfan said:
RichNhansom":hkxqxfan said:
HansGruber":hkxqxfan said:

I just wonder how soon?

3 carries. A 9 yards gain, a 3 yard gain for a first down on 3rd and 1, and a loss on the first carry of the game last week when he got nailed in the backfield.

I'm not saying he won't slow down, but just where in his grand total of 6 snaps did he look like "someone stuck a fork in him?"

Agree on Hyde...looks fantastic. My only complaint is that I think he needs to get his pads down in crowds. He sometimes lets a LB get under his pads and knock him backwards.

I had to go back and watch the beginning of the game again.

Hey I'll admit when I screw up. Apparently I had more to drink than I had thought. Thought he had several carries. I was wrong. He did look bad on his one carry but you are correct it was just one and that is not a good enough sample to base anything off of.

Not sure why I was so convinced he had several carries. Apparently 8.3% beer has a better kick than I thought.

I didn't see the Denver game so I can't comment on that one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rich, times like this are where the supremely expensive price of $27/year for a Pro Football Focus subscription come in handy; checking fact-based (i.e. things that can't be biased) pieces of information like snap counts for a player.

Just sayin'.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1ruxso71 said:
Marvin49":1ruxso71 said:
RichNhansom":1ruxso71 said:
HansGruber":1ruxso71 said:

I just wonder how soon?

I had to go back and watch the beginning of the game again.

Hey I'll admit when I screw up. Apparently I had more to drink than I had thought. Thought he had several carries. I was wrong. He did look bad on his one carry but you are correct it was just one and that is not a good enough sample to base anything off of.

Not sure why I was so convinced he had several carries. Apparently 8.3% beer has a better kick than I thought.

I didn't see the Denver game so I can't comment on that one.

Lol. No worries.

I'm not saying he won't decline this year BTW, just sayin I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that. ;-)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i1oxof0 said:
Rich, times like this are where the supremely expensive price of $27/year for a Pro Football Focus subscription come in handy; checking fact-based (i.e. things that can't be biased) pieces of information like snap counts for a player.

Just sayin'.

That's good advice but like anyone sometimes you just think you are right and this was one of those times. I had to go back and check, I was that convinced.

Oh well, mistakes happen, I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong.

Seems the o'l gray matter just ain't what she use to be.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I agree with Rich that Gore is done. He looks just like Shaun Alexander did his last year here. I kept thinking "Well he's got a cracked bone in his foot and Detroit/Minnesota have elite run defenses." But in retrospect it was pretty obvious that he was done.

I see the same thing with Frank, he looks like his expiration date was 12 months ago and Harbaugh just keeps hoping that it ain't so.

And what's with this story Erin Andrews asked Harbs what's wrong with the offense and he drags Kap in between him and Erin and says "Ask him" as he walks away? Sounds like big trouble in little china to me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":1xoknyn3 said:
I agree with Rich that Gore is done. He looks just like Shaun Alexander did his last year here. I kept thinking "Well he's got a cracked bone in his foot and Detroit/Minnesota have elite run defenses." But in retrospect it was pretty obvious that he was done.

I see the same thing with Frank, he looks like his expiration date was 12 months ago and Harbaugh just keeps hoping that it ain't so.

And what's with this story Erin Andrews asked Harbs what's wrong with the offense and he drags Kap in between him and Erin and says "Ask him" as he walks away? Sounds like big trouble in little china to me.
Well if it's true (I think it is) they have some good young options so I don't see them falling off a cliff with the run game. I do think the actual issue is that Harbaugh is hell or high water actually going to make Keapernick attempt to be a dropback passer. He knows that if he doesn't win it all this year he is gone and likely Keapernick with him so he's trying to win a battle of wills between the two and it doesn't matter if he fails because he has his golden parachute already packed and ready to go.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Couple thoughts on this:

KILGORE: The 9ers obviously have things to be worried about, but I don't think Kilgore is one of them. Goodwin was the weak link of that OLine, and was getting worse with age. Roman has even talked about how Goodwin's inability to get to the second level changed their playcalling and what they could do last year. In the last preseason game the major problem with the OLine was that Iupati just got absolutely abused. For the first game it was Looney and Martin, and in the second preseason game it was Martin again getting tossed around the field (although he looked better in the 3rd; he lost a ton of weight and strength from having mono, but I also just don't think he's a tackle in the NFL). So, they've got problems no doubt, but so far Kilgore has been pretty steady and even an upgrade over Goodwin (which isn't saying much at all).

GORE: I think Gore will start the season getting about 2/3rd to 3/4s of the snaps, and by the end will be down to a full-time share. For fantasy purposes I think he's a good candidate to draft relatively late as an RB 2 and then trade early when his value is high. As for him being "done", I don't think so. If you've watched Gore's career he has already physically slowed down, and he's still effective because his best attributes aren't things that are as harshly effected by age. He doesn't hit the hole as hard as he used to and he hasn't had breakaway speed for years now, but it's patience, vision, and taking great angles at the second level that make him who he is. I even think he'll be serviceable as a transitionary player for a crappy team next year after he's gone from the 9ers (think Emmitt Smith on '04 on the Cardinals).

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":23p0zdra said:
ivotuk":23p0zdra said:

Well if it's true (I think it is) they have some good young options so I don't see them falling off a cliff with the run game. I do think the actual issue is that Harbaugh is hell or high water actually going to make Keapernick attempt to be a dropback passer. He knows that if he doesn't win it all this year he is gone and likely Keapernick with him so he's trying to win a battle of wills between the two and it doesn't matter if he fails because he has his golden parachute already packed and ready to go.

Um...wha?

Right...if they don't win the SB the Niners are gonna can the best coach they've had since Walsh and get rid of the QB they just signed to the biggest contract in their history.

Do peeps actually think about what they say post before they post it? I understand peeps hate the Niners, but at least make sense please.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":22492mn8 said:
Couple thoughts on this:

KILGORE: The 9ers obviously have things to be worried about, but I don't think Kilgore is one of them. Goodwin was the weak link of that OLine, and was getting worse with age. Roman has even talked about how Goodwin's inability to get to the second level changed their playcalling and what they could do last year. In the last preseason game the major problem with the OLine was that Iupati just got absolutely abused. For the first game it was Looney and Martin, and in the second preseason game it was Martin again getting tossed around the field (although he looked better in the 3rd; he lost a ton of weight and strength from having mono, but I also just don't think he's a tackle in the NFL). So, they've got problems no doubt, but so far Kilgore has been pretty steady and even an upgrade over Goodwin (which isn't saying much at all).

GORE: I think Gore will start the season getting about 2/3rd to 3/4s of the snaps, and by the end will be down to a full-time share. For fantasy purposes I think he's a good candidate to draft relatively late as an RB 2 and then trade early when his value is high. As for him being "done", I don't think so. If you've watched Gore's career he has already physically slowed down, and he's still effective because his best attributes aren't things that are as harshly effected by age. He doesn't hit the hole as hard as he used to and he hasn't had breakaway speed for years now, but it's patience, vision, and taking great angles at the second level that make him who he is. I even think he'll be serviceable as a transitionary player for a crappy team next year after he's gone from the 9ers (think Emmitt Smith on '04 on the Cardinals).

Agree on Kilgore.

Gore...dunno. I think it's safe to say that Carlos Hyde is the biggest obstacle to playing time he's ever had in his time in SF. I think Gore is gonna get plenty of touches, but more than DIxon and Hunter before him, they'll probably make an effort to get Hyde some touches with an eye toward Gore being gone next year and having Lattimore spell Hyde in future years.

Then again, who knows...maybe Frank does what Justin Smith did and sees the RB market and extends for peanuts moving forward. They never touched Franks contract even though he's making 6 mil this year...which is far more than the market would dictate otherwise. I've read in the past that Baalke trusts Franks opinion on personnel matters so it wouldn't surprise me if Frank stays with the organization for a long, long time.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ivotuk":6g2hopl2 said:

He didn't look done when he broke off that 50 yarder last year to be us.

We wish he was done.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1y47f90n said:
ivotuk":1y47f90n said:

He didn't look done when he broke off that 50 yarder last year to be us.

We wish he was done.

Honestly the biggest problem with Frank is that they rely on him too much early in the year and he ends up slowing down in the playoffs. I think Hyde will get a lot of touches so that they can keep Frank fresh when the big games start.

If I were in a fantasy league, I probably wouldn't look at either of them till late and I'd jump all over taking Hyde in a keeper league.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I was going for effect with Keapernick but Harbaugh? He's as good as gone once we repeat. He's a maverick type and it's obvious something bad is going on front office wise between Balke and Harbaugh. It's eerily similar to the Holmgren situation we had to me.

Latest posts