A few observations from the game...

Josea16

Reaction score
Smellyman":2vzyta4v said:
chris98251":2vzyta4v said:
Smellyman":2vzyta4v said:
At some point the selling point for a wide receiver being a good blocker needs to stop.

'He may suck as a receiver, but he can block.' Maybe we should just line Reece out there. He can block better and perhaps catch better too.

No it doesn't Kearse and Baldwin are both good at blocking down field in the running game, Holmgren applauded Ingrum and Jackson as well as Robinson for their ability to Block as well, Diva WR's that can't block and take plays off if they are not getting the ball hurt the team more then those that are involved every play in some way. Kearse plays the whole game because of this, don't blame him if others can't step up with a more complete game and take his spot.

complete game? Minus the getting open and catching the ball part.

We'll just rename the position to Wide Blocker for Kearse.
Exactly resigning him was ridiculous and worse then the Jeremy Lane resigning.

Josea16

Reaction score
Smellyman":mrb4lqyp said:
chris98251":mrb4lqyp said:
Smellyman":mrb4lqyp said:
chris98251":mrb4lqyp said:
No it doesn't Kearse and Baldwin are both good at blocking down field in the running game, Holmgren applauded Ingrum and Jackson as well as Robinson for their ability to Block as well, Diva WR's that can't block and take plays off if they are not getting the ball hurt the team more then those that are involved every play in some way. Kearse plays the whole game because of this, don't blame him if others can't step up with a more complete game and take his spot.

complete game? Minus the getting open and catching the ball part.

We'll just rename the position to Wide Blocker for Kearse.

Yet you fail miserably to address the fact nobody has taken his spot because they "GET OPEN BETTER" " CATCH BETTER", as well as block better for the running game.

I am not the GM. It should've been addressed ages ago and they definitely should not have given him a big extension when nobody in the league wanted him as a free agent. Now he is dead weight, but at least he blocks well.
Woo hoo, a wide receiver that can't catch anything when totally open that blocks in the run game. Why not carry 4 TE"s? He is a wasted roster spot.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Kearse receives too much hate IMO. He was very integral part of many of this teams biggest moments. OT game winner vs GB with a defender hanging all over him to say the least. Numerous plays in big games vs Carolina. Last year was a down year but shouldn't overshadow all the work he's done IMO.

Smellyman

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":39rutyxu said:
Kearse receives too much hate IMO. He was very integral part of many of this teams biggest moments. OT game winner vs GB with a defender hanging all over him to say the least. Numerous plays in big games vs Carolina. Last year was a down year but shouldn't overshadow all the work he's done IMO.

3 picks were his fault that game. You're right though. a defender all over him i.e. not open. Luckily RW dropped a perfect dime and he had no choice but to hang on.

chris98251

Reaction score
And this is why the haters have no validity or real argument, hates for hates sake. I bring up that if he is so bad then someone should easily be able to replace him, yet he remains, he gets a extension because of what he brings and the haters can only bitch and moan and not present a argument to why anyone can't replace him.

Bring something to the table other then just bitching for a change.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":x08wm5b9 said:
And this is why the haters have no validity or real argument, hates for hates sake. I bring up that if he is so bad then someone should easily be able to replace him, yet he remains, he gets a extension because of what he brings and the haters can only bitch and moan and not present a argument to why anyone can't replace him.

Back in the Holmgren days it was Chris Gray. Tons of fan hate, but he was our starting left guard for several years, and could play center and RG, too. Some fans just seem to need someone to rag on. Of course, it is the coaches fault for "not playing the best guys."

:34853_doh:

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":244rvsdk said:

~sigh~

Kearse is fine and will again be a valued blocker this season.

Josea16

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3pb96695 said:
That isn't the point or why I think he sucks balls. Again he is so bad as to literally not be
covered yet not able to catch a simply open perfect pass. Get out already. I don't care that you are a tiny OL guy, how about doing what you are actually paid for and what the job description expects? Catch the frackkin ball you loser.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't hate Kearse. I'm just ready to see what Kassan Williams can do.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":29095088 said:
chris98251":29095088 said:

~sigh~

Yeah, way to support your argument, figured as much.

Giphy

Josea16

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3vs2ak2l said:
I don't hate Kearse. I'm just ready to see what Kassan Williams can do.
Among at least three others that fit his role on our roster right this second. Personally I blame Russell for this crap. For some reason he seems to trust this loser in actual real games. He targets him any chance he gets. I have hated this guy for 3 years. At this point my only hope is Russ will finally get it if some random Vulcan does a mindmeld with him.:)

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":215i2di8 said:
Smellyman":215i2di8 said:
chris98251":215i2di8 said:

~sigh~

Giphy

Kasen, PRich (please stay Healthy), Mcevoy, even Lawler. Anybody but kearse and wasting a contract on a guy NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED. He reached his ceiling which was already quite low. Move on instead of sinking deeper.

It's not a hard concept.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing Kearse does many of the little overlooked things that Pete likes to keep him around. Plus someone had a stat that said his drops were in line with many of our other receivers

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":3g934bzs said:
chris98251":3g934bzs said:
Smellyman":3g934bzs said:
chris98251":3g934bzs said:

~sigh~

Giphy

Kasen, PRich (please stay Healthy), Mcevoy, even Lawler. Anybody but kearse and wasting a contract on a guy NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE WANTED. He reached his ceiling which was already quite low. Move on instead of sinking deeper.

It's not a hard concept.

The Hate is Strong with this one, maybe we should ask Harvin to come out of retirement or Tommy Kane even.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":36u7sq9s said:
Smellyman":36u7sq9s said:
chris98251":36u7sq9s said:
Smellyman":36u7sq9s said:
~sigh~

Giphy

It's not a hard concept.

The Hate is Strong with this one, maybe we should ask Harvin to come out of retirement or Tommy Kane even.

Giphy

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Josea16":vcmlerop said:
EverydayImRusselin":vcmlerop said:
That isn't the point or why I think he sucks balls. Again he is so bad as to literally not be
covered yet not able to catch a simply open perfect pass. Get out already. I don't care that you are a tiny OL guy, how about doing what you are actually paid for and what the job description expects? Catch the frackkin ball you loser.

And yet he was top 10 in the league in catch rate in 2015 at 72% right behind Baldwins 75%.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I re watched the first half last night. Williams has to make the squad. He absolutely has to because he has earned it in camp and on the field. If he isn't on the final roster then Pete's mantra is out the window. Everyone expects the odd man out would be Kearse but it could be someone else. Kasan Williams has said he will not go to the practice team again this season so something has to give. On a similar subject Russell threw the ball up to tall receivers and threw the ball over the middle a few times too. He got the ball out of his hands quickly.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Millen Hawk":3meld9lt said:
Seymour":3meld9lt said:
I've been on the Walsh "concerned list". Great to see him stepping up, but it may be crunch time in a bigger game for me to get comfortable with him. I sure as heck don't want to see him miss for any reason though. :?:

I was also expecting to see Walsh shank a few, not because he is a bad kicker but I thought our kicking issues last year were mostly due to our LS inconsistent snaps and inability to block. Hauschka has been solid for BUF so it's a win win for both teams...except we're paying Walsh about half of what Hauschka is getting paid.
More like 1/3.

Source.... https://overthecap.com/position/kicker

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And one thing is very clear about Walsh that we didn't see from Haush last year: His kicks go much higher from point of contact. Haush seemed to kick a lot of line drive type kicks, lower angle, easier to block etc.
I love how strong Walsh's leg is too. We are likely to see very few kick returns this year, more so than some other kickers out there.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
When the ball actually hits Kearse in the hands, he has one of the lowest drop rates in the NFL.

However, when Wilson targets Kearse, Russ suffers some of his worst statistics.

This is the frustrating conundrum of Kearse in a nutshell.