A few observations from the game...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The subject of Kearse and drops is really telling when listening to Hawk fans. Never ceases to amaze how a factually, empirically, scientifically wrong conclusion can become the gospel. Gospel is a really good word to describe it too.

Basically you show your hand. Most of the time you emphatically show how dumb you are at that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, if people don't think Kearse is a great WR and/or think it might be time to move on etc. they are stupid?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If they think he's "great" they might be stupid, the level of talent now at the position coupled with price begs the question of whether or not you could move him or cut him, yes. However, with no cap savings you'd be looking at a trade or just a net loss in money.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's crossed my mind that you could cut Kearse and he might even stick around anyway and get brought back in week 2 when Richardson goes out for a lengthy period of time.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1or43h3a said:
So, if people don't think Kearse is a great WR and/or think it might be time to move on etc. they are stupid?

No, but if they think he drops passes, they might be a little ignorant.

Like I said, Kearse is a conundrum. I think there is a very valid argument for moving on, but it has nothing to do with his drops. It has to do with the fact that Wilson's statistics are awful when he targets Kearse.

Seymour

Reaction score
Kearse made him look bad in SB49, now payback is going to be hell to pay for Kearse. :stirthepot:

Baldwin doesn't trust him either, he stole a TD pass right in front last year too. :twisted:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't see a bunch of people saying he drops a lot of passes. Thought flat out did in the NFC Championship. Throw it up to him on a fade, and he RARELY makes the play. Yet guys like Graham would make the play OFTEN

Seymour

Reaction score
Kearse gets little to no separation. Russell is friends with him, and I'm sure he tries to get him his targets. The only way to do that is put it up where only Kearse can get it, and it is off the least bit nobody is catching it.

I think Russell felt bad at some point then started forcing throws to Kearse. It ended being a comedy act by years end. Both of them need to wise up, or Pete needs to put an end to it. Those 2 killed a lot of drives last season.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
There's the revisioning yet again. If Sherm slaps a a guy's right arm away .3 seconds before the ball gets there then you call it what it is, a PBU.

That was absolutely positively not a drop. In NE they called that a great play by Butler. In SEA, emotionally irrational people called it a drop.

You WANT to blame Kearse and so you do...the idea has become the institution.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2idvpkze said:
There's the revisioning yet again. If Sherm slaps a a guy's right arm away .3 seconds before the ball gets there then you call it what it is, a PBU.

That was absolutely positively not a drop. In NE they called that a great play by Butler. In SEA, emotionally irrational people called it a drop.

You WANT to blame Kearse and so you do...the idea has become the institution.

What are you talking about? That was Lockette. Kearse missed the block he is so famous for.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In what world did ANY of us say Kearse dropped that pass??? Um, Lockette was the one who was picked. Kearse was attempting a block and got owned by Browner. I get that Kearse is known as a good blocker, but there's a lot more to a WR than just being able to block.
Perfect example of how he is NOT stepping it up was in the Vikings game. Throw up a fade, Kearse doesn't come close to catching it. Next play, throw up a fade to Kasem, and he makes the play, AGAIN.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Misread that somehow that you were talking about sb49, which wasn't a drop.

I would say that Kearse has caught more fade routes than any WR on the team though. Particularly seems to be money on that against the Panthers for some reason.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":m04nbjqq said:

I would say that Kearse has caught more fade routes than any WR on the team though. Particularly seems to be money on that against the Panthers for some reason.

I was joking that Russell was paying Kearse back for missing the block (making him look bad), not the catch.

Russell is not that cruel, thought it was an obvious joke.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2retnlqm said:
Kearse is money on fade routes? :?
Against the Panthers, absolutely. He had previously had the best ratio for that pass of any pass catcher on the team.

Obviously, you want to get Graham on that action, but we usually don't for some reason. I sort of wonder if it's because we ask him to be more of a traditional TE and he doesn't even line up wide that often.

Enter Kasen....he's always had a superior skillset for a fade route and not just for the Seahawks. He's just that good at it.

But yes, previously, I'd say Kearse has had the most fade route completions of all our pass catchers.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, I don't know what Tanner's vert is, but the couple chances he's had on a fade....hardly gets off the ground. He came down with the one last year, but dude made it more difficult and even dramatic than it had to be.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":21e0edpd said:
vin.couve12":21e0edpd said:

I was joking that Russell was paying Kearse back for missing the block (making him look bad), not the catch.

Russell is not that cruel, thought it was an obvious joke.
Not sure I caught that you even said it. I probably shouldn't post when I gotta jet to go get inventory on a chassis.....for multiple reasons. lol

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's not about Kearse. It's about always com Pete ing! We have other guys who have earned a shot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":5fgrbt19 said:
Also, I don't know what Tanner's vert is, but the couple chances he's had on a fade....hardly gets off the ground. He came down with the one last year, but dude made it more difficult and even dramatic than it had to be.
Tanner got up a little higher for that pass tonight. Also, I guess it's not a relevant if you're a f'n giraffe.

randomation

Reaction score
Tanner goes up as high as he needs to. If he went up to his full extension on the td tonight he might catch it earlier but he probably isn't going to be able to get into the endzone after coming down. Those massive leap type catches usually end at the catch point.