All good things must come to an end

Jville

Reaction score
kearly,

I think your rational for ceasing publication here is sound. I would have to concur with your perspective on the differences between message boards and blogs.

With regards to personal attacks, I'm certain many who visit here are reluctant to post. It certainly makes no sense to continue to invest time and thought into an endeavor that attracts personal attacks. That is especially true for someone with the obvious skill and experience you have clearly accumulated over the years.

I've enjoyed your "Random Thoughts™ threads". You have have developed a very good feel for the hierarchy of thought, language and detail that appeals to a general audience. It is to your credit.

Sadly, I had to do a search for "Fareed Zakaria" .... and I thank you for that. If Les Norton were here, he would probably point out that we need to do a better job of taking care of each other ....... and, he would be right.

As Les would say, take care my friend.

Jville

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kearly thanks for taking time to provide your insight each week. I looked forward to your posts because I'm really not an X and Os type of person. So it was a learning tool and also another perspective of the game. The work you put into is very much appreciated. Sorry to hear that you're receiving backlash for it. Thank you for hanging in there this long. I know it's not something I could do. I will miss your random thoughts threads but will look forward to your posts in the forum.

Shelinhawk

Reaction score
Kearly, I'm one of the ones bummed about your decision, I always looked forward to read your RT's and really enjoyed them. I don't post at all but I appreciate intelligent posts like the ones you have acustomed us. I would like to thank you for all your effort in doing RT's, and really understand your reasons. As some others have said if you ever do this in a blog or some other site, please let us know.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you've been harassed by emotional fans Kip. No matter what anyone's opinion is, what you provide is insight that takes a lot of time to prepare and present. Attrition is a bitch, and I've seen it happen here before through the years. Sometimes it just proves too much for some people and I can respect that.

Stiletto

Reaction score
Why not just have the mods lock your threads? Why do the rest of us have to suffer because of the clowns that can't keep their mouths shut and recognize a good thing?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mikeak

Reaction score
That sucks

I honestly read every week of your posting but have not really seen the negative discussions you refer to. I know there are a lot of discussions and feelings but have seen those as disagreements and dislike with playcalling etc and not attacking you as the OP. Very possible that I simply just skip those comments as I find them to bring no value.

Either way - thanks for what you did. It was a great read to collect ones thoughts on the game and read it from a different perspective (one much more knowledgable)

thanks and hopefully we can still get some insight after the Hawks win the superbowl this year :D

SirTed

Reaction score
jding":16zuvv2a said:
Don't post often, but always looked forward to your RT posts after a game. Provided some insight on aspects of the game that I might have missed while watching. Sorry to hear you had to endure such abuse and will really miss reading them.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Kearly,

I'm very sad to hear / read your reasoning for giving it up but I totally understand. Your RT posts are WITHOUT A DOUBT the number one reason why I even come to this board. I've always enjoyed your insights and thoughts on the game, even when, perhaps ESPECIALLY when I don't agree or didn't see it that way. It was a great way to get perspective on the game.

Obviously, my opinion probably isn't worth boo, but I would urge you to start a blog of some kind - if you ever find enjoyment in it. I know I would read it, and I know it would be one of the more thoughtful, fun and accessible Seahawk related blogs out there. You probably already know it, but you've got the voice for this, so if you ever want it - it's there for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for sharing with us all this time.

-Ted

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I really appreciate the work you put into those RT threads, Kip. They were very informative and thought provoking for me. You did them for quite some time, for free, so you don't owe anybody an explanation, but thank you for doing so just the same. Respect!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I work at 5am on a Monday. First thing I do every Monday during the season is read the random thoughts.

I am well and truly bummed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
That sucks. I have enjoyed reading your insights. Like mikeak, I can't recall reading any personal attacks on you, only disagreements with your perspective. Contrasting viewpoints, devoid of personal attacks, are what make discussions intellectually stimulating. Personally, I think the mods on this board do an exemplary job at limiting those sort of attacks. I too must have skipped over the posts you are referring to.

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2sbdxfk7 said:
That sucks. I have enjoyed reading your insights. Like mikeak, I can't recall reading any personal attacks on you, only disagreements with your perspective. Contrasting viewpoints, devoid of personal attacks, are what make discussions intellectually stimulating. Personally, I think the mods on this board do an exemplary job at limiting those sort of attacks. I too must have skipped over the posts you are referring to.

Sorry, we could easily dive back into the thread and there were multiple examples of people more or less attacking Kip. It was ugly...and I'm sad to see those comments ruin what has been a good thing.

<EDIT> Actually, we can't dive back into the thread to see the attacks, they have been Mod-Edited - but I can assure you that they were in fact there.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3bgtqxr4 said:
hawknation2014":3bgtqxr4 said:

Sorry, we could easily dive back into the thread and there were multiple examples of people more or less attacking Kip. It was ugly...and I'm sad to see those comments ruin what has been a good thing.

<EDIT> Actually, we can't dive back into the thread to see the attacks, they have been Mod-Edited - but I can assure you that they were in fact there.

I see, that's disappointing to hear. :141847_bnono:

I must have read that thread post-edits. Can't we take solace in the fact that those people have probably been banned or at least warned about not making personal attacks?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well thats not good ..I enjoyed reading your stuff man and now it's over..There just isn't many that can really write and most of them on here are retired or semi-retired from it..I agree the comments can be BS ..It's a shame really when a few bad apples ruin it for a bunch of people who enjoy it..Good luck to you and I hope you will still put your comments up on the UW games /draft ect ...

Smoke

Reaction score
Im not going to lie, I refresh the page every week waiting to read your random thoughts. You have a very refreshing voice and awesome perspective that I enjoy reading. I like to intake all the bloggers thoughts every week after a win or a loss. You always catch something that none of the other bloggers do.

Your perspective will be missed.

Thank you for all of the wonderful random thoughts you have provided us with over the past few years. I appreciate it with all my heart.

A

Anonymous

Not being a "baby out with the bathwater" kinda guy, I'm tempted to find a solution rather than wave goodbye here.

I realize return thoughts from others with keen observation skills are the goal, but I've noticed others have started their own observations in separate threads lately anyway. Perhaps avoiding some of the challenges your threads have been getting.

Too bad if we can't try at least something that maintains the fun in all of what you share.