Anyone concerned about JSN ?

SeeHocks

Reaction score
Flowers and Addison are tearing it up. I thought he was going be the slot receiver we needed. Discuss.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Flowers and Addison aren't competing behind Lockett and Metcalf, also the (mostly) backups on O-Line forcing them to use TE's more, JSN's production is going to suffer.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Somewhat.

Comparting his production numbers to other rookie WR's is misleading - JSN is a clear #3 WR on a team that is targeting quick passes due to injuries, and heavy TE involvement due to frequent 2-3 TE sets. So, his numbers aren't real concerning to me, and I'm not worried that his production is way behind some other rookie WRs.

With that said, I have been a bit concerned about his actual performance. He doesn't have any chemistry with Geno, and balls thrown his way often look awful. He hasn't been elusive or strong with the ball in his hands, and hasn't made the most of some limited options down the field (i.e. the drop last week).

It's early, and WR is historically a very difficult position to transition into the NFL. But, I do confess that I'm less optimistic about him than I was three months ago.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I’m concerned. He and Geno have no chemistry, naturally the QB looks away. The only way we get him the ball is a screen or something of that nature.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
First. how many snaps is he getting? Rookies take a bit, especially behind one of the best duo's in the NFL.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Gen's comfort zone lies in Metcalf and Lockett

QWERTY

Reaction score
I would be for different reasons.

He might be thinking that he won't get any time after Lockett and DK.

Bobo or JSN may be thinking that they would be more productive if they were in a different team.

NoGain

Reaction score
I see no problem with his talent level. He's just farther down the totem pole at this time when it comes to getting targeted. He's on a pretty loaded team as a receiver now. I just hope he doesn't get flustered, puts in the work, and bides his time till his moment comes.

LTH

Reaction score
Im not concerned at this point. It's true that I bought into the hype a bit but it's early and I think he will come on later in the season.

LTH

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I would be for different reasons.

He might be thinking that he won't get any time after Lockett and DK.

Bobo or JSN may be thinking that they would be more productive if they were in a different team.
I got bad news for them...

toffee

Reaction score
I am concerned, about as much as I am concerned about Cross. More or less on the same level, and those two are my concerns on the offense, followed by interior linemen, but at a less degree.

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Again the fans arent concerned because fans are fans.

But the players are concerned because they will feel once their contract is up, it all depends on the stats for them to get paid.

What happens if JSN only had 500 yards in the next 5 season. His contract would be less.