Anyone concerned about JSN ?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I was concerned when he was a first round pick, but he's finding a place in the offense in a well established receiving corps. Let the man have a season.
Last team he was on he was #1 or #2 option, then he missed a lot of time. Now he's in a stacked, established receiving corp in a new league. He didn't go to a team that needed him to become THE guy right away, so he's getting slow played. Geno has a lot of options out there but the kid will get his soon enough.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
In that case, what’s JSN’s role in this offense? Just catch screen passes and try for YAC? That seems like a waste of talent for a first-round draft pick, doesn’t it?
It's an adjustment to the loss of our 2 stud tackles early in the season. When they're back, they won't have to rely on the TEs as often as extra blockers before they release as safety valves.

Torc

Reaction score
McVay>>>>>Waldron
Stafford>>>Geno
Rams OL>Seahawks 2nd string OL
And Cooper Kupp was injured.

I bet if Lockett had been on injured reserve to start the season, JSN would have some better numbers.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It's an adjustment to the loss of our 2 stud tackles early in the season. When they're back, they won't have to rely on the TEs as often as extra blockers before they release as safety valves.
We need Cross/Lucas back in time for the 49er,Cowboys, Eagles games. That would get JSN more involved in the offense.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Kupp came back and did his thing. 5th round machine still had 7 catches for 70+ yards. We don’t know how to use the guy. If reversed, what is JSN doing in the Rams offense? All about W/L though. We’re better so far, even though they took that first game.

Torc

Reaction score
Kupp came back and did his thing. 5th round machine still had 7 catches for 70+ yards. We don’t know how to use the guy. If reversed, what is JSN doing in the Rams offense? All about W/L though. We’re better so far, even though they took that first game.
He has earned the number two spot and Tutu Atwell is now the number 3 receiver.

Still a different scenario than the Seahawks. DK and Lockett are solid #1 and 2. Or co-#1 or something. And the third option is either a TE or RB. If Lockett goes down and JSN lights it up, it'd be an interesting question...

Fade

Reaction score
My only concern is they are using him like Percy Harvin. Throwing him the ball at the LoS and expecting him to YAC it up.

Very strange. He is getting open on routes down the field, but isn't being targeted in those instances.

They are playing with a backup O-Line, and it's going to take a little time for things to gel, so...

I think it's too early to be concerned given the circumstances. Let's see what it looks like in December and January.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
My only concern is they are using him like Percy Harvin. Throwing him the ball at the LoS and expecting him to YAC it up.

Very strange. He is getting open on routes down the field, but isn't being targeted in those instances.

They are playing with a backup O-Line, and it's going to take a little time for things to gel, so...

I think it's too early to be concerned given the circumstances. Let's see what it looks like in December and January.
I completely agree. He’s actually getting open, but it seems more as a ghost or afterthought, not like he’s going to be the target. The Percy comparison is spot on. Maybe because they both only played 4 games for us😂. Still concerned though. Really thought he would bring us that extra. Like, the defense says “we need to watch and be careful of JSN.” While giving huge opportunities to everyone else.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

I think Geno gets locked in on DK and Lockett. He’s usually not tuned in on JSN. That’s a big part of it, along with the playcalling, and snap count.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely does. And it's not some huge secret that a QB would have more trust in his top 2 veteran WR's. At least for a while.