Anyone concerned about JSN ?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I was concerned when he was a first round pick, but he's finding a place in the offense in a well established receiving corps. Let the man have a season.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is still learning the NFL and college difference in physicality, Lockett is a good guy to learn from, that and he has to learn to feel out a NFL zone scheme, man to man he can win all day. Remember we play very little bump and run in our defense so practice is harder to get that experience in. That in addition to having RB, WR, TE's that are all good targets for Geno, each game will be different depending on which option a defense lets us have and that match up.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Kid broke his wrist in the preseason and needed surgery. I’d say right about now he’s finally feeling confident with that hand. Let’s see how he goes from here.

strohmin

Reaction score
Hes a rookie who was hyped up pretty high. Id give him a full season to settle in.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I feel the scheme needs to adapt a bit and if we have to improve in 3rd down conversions, he needs to be given an opportunity to fit in. They should probably study his college tape and install a few of his marquee plays to get him going.

Ruminator

Reaction score
DK has 18 receptions, Tyler 15 and JSN 12. But sure, let’s get all goofy about a rookie not being used.
Yep. He's right where he should be at this very early point in his career. It's rare for a WR to go all-out pro Madden HOF bronze statue front-of-Wheaties box in his first year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yep. He's right where he should be at this very early point in his career. It's rare for a WR to go all-out pro Madden HOF bronze statue front-of-Wheaties box in his first year.
Never expected that I did expect let him run a route 10-15 yards downfield he can run a route correct? What the hell is this 1 yard bullshit Waldron is too smart for that silliness he already proved this be being creative with the TE's so stop the madness and do the same with JSN already You better unless you love 3rd place for until McVay and Shanahan are gone.

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about him. As far as chemistry with Geno vs Lock.....he had two passes thrown to him downfield when Lock was in. One of them hit him in the hands and he wasn't able to pull it in (I remember it as a 'tough but catchable' ball), and on the other the ball wasn't anywhere near him. It was clear that he wasn't where Lock expected him to be - whether he or Lock made the error is not something that we'd know without knowing the playcall.

People have mentioned Bobo; JSN has a considerably higher snap count but I think it has gotten closer as Bobo is a better blocker and we've needed it.

WRSnapcount

I've been a little frustrated with the screen passes to JSN (someone mentioned the Eskridge plays and I think that's probably accurate), but I see him as the replacement for Lockett. Tyler has clearly been thinking about life and career post-football. I wouldn't be shocked if he retired after any given year - could be this year, could be next. I think JSN will slide right into that position in the offense.

I don't expect WR3 to be getting a ton of catches so that doesn't worry me, but I'd love to see more of what I was expecting when he was drafted - that 7-15 yard range with a chance for some YAC.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about him. As far as chemistry with Geno vs Lock.....he had two passes thrown to him downfield when Lock was in. One of them hit him in the hands and he wasn't able to pull it in (I remember it as a 'tough but catchable' ball), and on the other the ball wasn't anywhere near him. It was clear that he wasn't where Lock expected him to be - whether he or Lock made the error is not something that we'd know without knowing the playcall.

People have mentioned Bobo; JSN has a considerably higher snap count but I think it has gotten closer as Bobo is a better blocker and we've needed it.

View attachment 61164

I've been a little frustrated with the screen passes to JSN (someone mentioned the Eskridge plays and I think that's probably accurate), but I see him as the replacement for Lockett. Tyler has clearly been thinking about life and career post-football. I wouldn't be shocked if he retired after any given year - could be this year, could be next. I think JSN will slide right into that position in the offense.

I don't expect WR3 to be getting a ton of catches so that doesn't worry me, but I'd love to see more of what I was expecting when he was drafted - that 7-15 yard range with a chance for some YAC.
That's exactly what I'm expecting this 1 yard stuff is ridiculous.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I predict he'll be a bigger part of the offense by the end of the season. Maybe not what others on .net want but a bigger % . This guy is going to be a starting receiver for years (barring injury)

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Not concerned at all.

Let's not forget a rookie Golden Tate wasn't effective either.

21 catches for 227 yards averaging 10.8 with a long of 52 yards. He got better each season.

JSN will get more opportunities when the offensive line has our bookend tackles. While the backups have held their own lately I think there's some wrinkles that aren't being exploited because of the pressure it would put on the QB.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Three things to think about: (1) JSN has been dealing with a broken wrist. He'll be 100% soon. (2) There is a lot of competition for targets. (3) Waldron will be holding a lot of looks and plays back until we get into the tougher part of our schedule. He's not going to waste those on the Panthers and Giants.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was brought in to be a short passing game slot WR. Frankly It's more on Geno than it is upon JSN as Geno needed to get to him with his progressions and hasn't so far.

It 's very early days yet and so far he hasn't lit things up, not at all worried. He will soon make us happy he is here.

Some legitimate patience is needed, b/c he is a very good player.