Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Cowboys @ Seahawks)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I have a secondary random prediction to make:

This game will be closer than most people think.

Prediction made on 10/10/14 at 3:41pm PST...So I can brag later, or get called out later. :lol:

Mick063

Reaction score
After Rogers and Manning at home. Rivers on the road. After a 3000 mile road trip for a night game following a bye (can you say penalty?), against a desperate team coming off of an embarrassing blow out loss.

Finally, a game that doesn't make me feel uneasy. The most confident I have felt this season.

Seattle is going to clobber them boys.

31-17

2_0_6

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hl5i1y9 said:

Prediction made on 10/10/14 at 3:41pm PST...So I can brag later, or get called out later. :lol:

If both Kam and Max aren't activated for Sunday, I will adjust mine as well. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":rvzk6uu1 said:
RolandDeschain":rvzk6uu1 said:

That's cheating. Man up and make a prediction now. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2txej6o5 said:
RolandDeschain":2txej6o5 said:

Not happening.:141847_bnono:

HawkWow

Reaction score
chawx":23yqxmz4 said:
Dallas tries to establish the run, fails. Leaves it up to Romo, gets close at one point, but throws a pick at the worst possible time...

Score gets out of hand quickly after that.

Seahawks 38
Pukes 13*

* My prediction does not take into account Vegas betting lines or how many people put money on the Hawks, which could sway officials to keep the game closer than it should be. See Redskins game for reference.

We are a ridiculous 15-5 against the line in our past 20 home games. Tons of money bet on the Hawks every one of those games. If Vegas (and the refs) are cheating, that 15-5 ATS # proves it's not us getting cheated. We should probably keep the cheating talk to a minimum before the other 31 teams find out that Vegas is fixing games for us.

Make it 16-5 as the Hawks cruise to a nice win: 33-16

Atradees

Reaction score
We have the top ranked rush defense. Dallas has one of the worst rush defenses. We have the top rush offense. Key to stopping the dallas gameplan is containing their rusher and running the ball. Our pass defense doesnt appear to be as sharp this year.

What am I saying?

Two men enter; One man leaves. Rules of the Twelveth man thunderdome.

RW anyday over Romo.

Refs are nicer at Home.

45-17 Hawks

(0-0 this year)

kf3339

Reaction score
The Hawks will win but I don't expect a blowout. Not because I think the Cowgirls are that good, but because I think our offense just isn't good at finishing off opponents when they are down. Also, we just make too many mistakes with penalties for our own good.

I see 34-17 which may seem an easy victory but will not look it in reality.

3-1 record to date.

etanate

Reaction score
I keep thinking blow out and we keep not getting it, so gonna temper my enthusiasm here, Hawks win 30-20.

Season record same as Seattle's: 3-1

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":23by4h3e said:
chawx":23by4h3e said:
Dallas tries to establish the run, fails. Leaves it up to Romo, gets close at one point, but throws a pick at the worst possible time...

Score gets out of hand quickly after that.

Seahawks 38
Pukes 13*

* My prediction does not take into account Vegas betting lines or how many people put money on the Hawks, which could sway officials to keep the game closer than it should be. See Redskins game for reference.

We are a ridiculous 15-5 against the line in our past 20 home games. Tons of money bet on the Hawks every one of those games. If Vegas (and the refs) are cheating, that 15-5 ATS # proves it's not us getting cheated. We should probably keep the cheating talk to a minimum before the other 31 teams find out that Vegas is fixing games for us.

Make it 16-5 as the Hawks cruise to a nice win: 33-16
I read today that the Hawks are 40-19-1 ATS in their last 60 at home. I saw a spread of Hawks favored by 8 1/2 for this game. O/U is at 42. That seems light to me and I'd consider the over if I were in Nevada.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hrm, I just went and looked over the scoring summaries for all our games in the Russell Wilson era, and I'm kind of surprised to see that not once has our offense put up more than 35 points on a non-terrible opponent.

Highest points scored by our offense (i.e., taking away defensive and special teams scores) in the Russell Wilson era:

1) 45, Jaguars in week three 2013
2) 44, Cardinals in week 14 2012
3) 43, Bills in week 15 2012
4) 35, 49ers week 16

The first three teams were garbage in the NFL the years we played them in those examples. (Jags 4-12, Bills 6-10, Cards 5-11)

I'm kind of sad that our offense has never put up a 40-burger on at least a halfway decent opponent with Hustle Wilson. The Cowboys have one in that span over Denver, but also two more where they put up more than 35 but fewer than 40, and those were against good teams as well - Saints and Packers. (By the offense, specifically.)

So, I'd like to see 40+ points by our offense tomorrow. Call me greedy. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":i44z3grv said:

Someone is starting Romo tomorrow in his fantasy league tomorrow ^ :stirthepot:

Relax Ro, it's a joke! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33hhtr7v said:
Hrm, I just went and looked over the scoring summaries for all our games in the Russell Wilson era, and I'm kind of surprised to see that not once has our offense put up more than 35 points on a non-terrible opponent.

Highest points scored by our offense (i.e., taking away defensive and special teams scores) in the Russell Wilson era:

1) 45, Jaguars in week three 2013
2) 44, Cardinals in week 14 2012
3) 43, Bills in week 15 2012
4) 35, 49ers week 16

The first three teams were garbage in the NFL the years we played them in those examples. (Jags 4-12, Bills 6-10, Cards 5-11)

I'm kind of sad that our offense has never put up a 40-burger on at least a halfway decent opponent with Hustle Wilson. The Cowboys have one in that span over Denver, but also two more where they put up more than 35 but fewer than 40, and those were against good teams as well - Saints and Packers. (By the offense, specifically.)

So, I'd like to see 40+ points by our offense tomorrow. Call me greedy. 8)
I think a lot has to do with "our personal friend" who shall remain nameless, taking the foot off the gas. ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ugfffco said:
Someone is starting Romo tomorrow in his fantasy league tomorrow ^ :stirthepot:

Relax Ro, it's a joke! :)
Lol - well, right now, Romo's in. I am wishy-washy between starting him or Cousins, though.

Sports Hernia":2ugfffco said:
I think a lot has to do with "our personal friend" who shall remain nameless, taking the foot off the gas. ;)
Believe it or not, my post wasn't a dig at he-who-shall-not-be-named. Our overall offensive philosophy is on Pete, and I don't like that he never wants to run up the score. It always annoys me when I see some enemy fan make reference to it, because Pete NEVER friggin' runs up the score as an NFL coach. In college it affects your real rankings and what games you can get, that's different and irrelevant to the Seahawks.

Pete gets wood by putting in backups to get some real playing time. I'm sure of it.