Baldwin's Penalty

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Well let's no go overboard in knee jerk fashion. Yes it was a little much, but that's the same fire that has made him the/a good receiver for us.

Still love me some adb

rcaido

Reaction score
You want to get rid of our best WR? The guy did a stupid stupid move, which im sure he regrets. I dont believe he has ever cost us a penalty like this, give the guy another chance before you crucify the guy.

It was a tough loss last night. It was great season. Lets not put blame on any one person, except for maybe Bevell. Go Hawks

Jville

Reaction score
Disgusting display of immaturity. Offensive.

Not what I would expect from a designated core player and leader. Doug has clearly abused the trust they placed in him with his new contract.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Yet most of this board was in support of Marshawn Lynch grabbing his nuts, this was just as stupid. They didn't score on the drive after this penalty so Im not sure why this is being made into a big deal.

bbsplitter":1t8vrjl3 said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

:roll: Care to explain what is thuggish about the celebration? Or was is you wanting to use Thug as an substitute for another word you know better than to use

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to most player celebrations... but that was not funny, clever, exciting, or smart... just juvenile showboating of the worst kind on the biggest stage.

I'm really disappointed in Baldwin. I thought he was smart guy, and a better professional than that. SMH

kearly

Reaction score
In a better NFL where players can lighten up and have fun, this wouldn't be a penalty. But in the world we actually live in, it was a profoundly stupid and selfish move by Baldwin.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
On the TV coverage we could only see Doug giving the ball a toss. What the fans saw was truly disgusting and juvenile, and cost Seattle 15 Yards on the kickoff. Upsets me as a 12 to no end. And it solidifies the negative stereotype the Seahawks team has, of being nasty, mean, dirty, and full of themselves.
Doug Baldwin should be sat down and told that will be the last time that kind of performance happens and if it does he can follow Percy Harvin out the door.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
And ironically, he said this just a few days prior to defecategate:

Whatever happens, Lynch's teammates aren't concerned. They're confident he'll do the right thing come Super Bowl Sunday when they face the New England Patriots.

"He's smart. He's wise," wide receiver Doug Baldwin said. "He's not going to do anything that will negatively affect us on the field."

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... ation.html

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ivotuk":vyz7h1k1 said:
Pathetic display of selfishness. That penalty put the Patriots at the 37 yard line. It flipped the field. What an ass.

To be fair, this had zero effect on the game, as the Patriots ended up punting into the end zone on that drive. But it could have had an effect, and for that reason he did not "protect the team."

Jville

Reaction score
Field position doesn't effect the game?

daveman918

Reaction score
Time for some tough love from the coaches and his team mates. Intolerable act that cost us on the kickoff after the touchdown. Doug IMO has a self-esteem issue he needs to get over. He needs to free himself from it IMO to achieve any more professionally.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Killa Kam":3205ttho said:
Yet most of this board was in support of Marshawn Lynch grabbing his nuts, this was just as stupid. They didn't score on the drive after this penalty so Im not sure why this is being made into a big deal.

bbsplitter":3205ttho said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

:roll: Care to explain what is thuggish about the celebration? Or was is you wanting to use Thug as an substitute for another word you know better than to use

What a dumb post.

theascension

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in our receiver corps the last couple games. Mainly Kearse and Baldwin but between the rant from Baldwin and this it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. Kearse played horrific the last 2 playoff games, baldwin got 0 separation all game except that TD. Kearse was the main factor in that INT yesterday.. barely putting any effort into the rub route. Frankly they have looked rather pedestrian.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Kearse's dropsies has been coming back. If I recall, that lucky circus catch was the only one he had at XLIX....and I don't have to remind you of his struggles during the NFCCG.

I had a sinking feeling when he dropped that pass to extend the drive in the 3rd quarter in XLIX, granted it was a tough catch. I felt the momentum change after that. It would have been huge to even get 3 points out of that drive at that juncture of the game.

Maybe he needs a Lasiks redux.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2l6xlqdb said:
bbsplitter":2l6xlqdb said:

Bruce defended his teammate...Doug did this to draw attention to himself..Irvin's act was a lot different imo..

Yeah agree. Don't understand why it was not offsetting penalties. NE players were just as involved as we were.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ensett":872docon said:
People are being way too sensitive about this. It is a complete non-issue. Yeah it was a penalty but big whoop, that's because the NFL has major issues and will throw a flag if you sneeze in the wrong direction lol

Ummm,,,,35 yard line instead of the 20. Yeah 15 yards is a big deal.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Some of you are over the top. Sickening? offensive? Disgusting?

Don't see anyone gnashing teeth over the brawl our little angels started at the end of the game. But pulling down his pretend pants and pinching a pretend loaf? Selfish bastard!

/pretend farts

hawk45

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":4f2obbbc said:
Some of you are over the top. Sickening? offensive? Disgusting?

Don't see anyone gnashing teeth over the brawl our little angels started at the end of the game. But pulling down his pretend pants and pinching a pretend loaf? Selfish bastard!

/pretend farts

I hear that totally although I do think Baldwin did his when the game was still in doubt and the yardage hurt our chances. Also, premeditated. Baldwin had to sit down at some point the night before, maybe on the potty, and decide 15 yards in the Superbowl the next day was a fair price for his personal wishes.

The brawling was neither premeditated nor harmful to the team's chances.

getnasty

Reaction score
ADB has been super annoying for quite some time now, and this was a very selfish act. The fight at the end was embarrassing too, hard to defend your guys the next day when they act like this. I just hope they can learn from these things.