Baldwin's Penalty

razgriz737

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":6wulerep said:
Killa Kam":6wulerep said:
Yet most of this board was in support of Marshawn Lynch grabbing his nuts, this was just as stupid. They didn't score on the drive after this penalty so Im not sure why this is being made into a big deal.

bbsplitter":6wulerep said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

:roll: Care to explain what is thuggish about the celebration? Or was is you wanting to use Thug as an substitute for another word you know better than to use

What a dumb post.
Why is Marshawn grabbing his nuts any better than what Doug did?

Rocket

Reaction score
Mizak":3tzwxivf said:
The football represents the NFL right? That is Doug basically saying with that touchdown celebration, "Look at me. I'm taking a shit on the NFL."
I looked at it like a big steaming poo on Roger...
Still out of character for AngryDoug.

Perhaps anger management with Jack is in order?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of his antics. Atleast Golden backed them up. Doug Baldwin if you're reading this....until you prove otherwise, you really are a'ight and nothing more.

djb28

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3j6wom0i said:
It didn't have an effect ultimately, but yeah, unbelievably selfish. I've grown tired of his act this year. I stopped listening to his interviews about halfway through the season.

For those who still think he only spun the ball...

[youtube]Cr5IGBhaUJA[/youtube]

Was this taken in 1984? I tried to adjust the tracking but I think the tape is stretched. It is amazing that in 2015 we have video this bad!

This one may be a little better.

[youtube]H9UxFeabxE0[/youtube]

Alcoa. lol

harryjohnson

Reaction score
God I miss Largent, All I want for Christmas is a receiver like him. Imagine RW with him?

peppersjap

Reaction score
After seeing what Baldwin and Kearse did I would be completely comfortable with both of them being released. They are representing our team and did that in the most watched Super Bowl ever! What an embarrassment and I was a fan of both. I really do hope the league fines them heavily and if the team doesn't take some kind of action I will be disappointed.
I never thought I would see one of our WR's make Tate look classy. This came 2 weeks after Mathews grabs his package and gets fined.
I love winning but we need to do it with a little class!

Seafan

Reaction score
I hope ADB gets a huge fine from the team. He's going to get one from the NFL. Hopefully this action will keep potential advertisers away from him and it would be nice to see him lose a couple endorsements he already has. I'm hoping the overall actions of the team, the loss, and the 5 ints in the playoffs, and the pro bowl miss will keep Russ from getting any more endorsements. Not like he'll need them. He doesn't need them now.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Unforgivable.

'The Momentum' shitted permanently on this play.

We never scored again.

I mean C'mon man... this is the Super Bowl!!!

I thought it was unsportsmanlike/taunting for spinning the ball (aka Sidney Rice, which was always unnecessary in the best of circumstances).

But this act is premeditated and classless.

He did a perfect job to secure the catch.
Why couldn't he just take take it immediately to the sidelines, have an equipment manager put it in a safe place, and treasure it on his mantelpiece forevermore?

Pure ego.

Unforgivable.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seafan":3cbe8tsm said:
I hope ADB gets a huge fine from the team. He's going to get one from the NFL. Hopefully this action will keep potential advertisers away from him and it would be nice to see him lose a couple endorsements he already has. I'm hoping the overall actions of the team, the loss, and the 5 ints in the playoffs, and the pro bowl miss will keep Russ from getting any more endorsements. Not like he'll need them. He doesn't need them now.

Why don't you want Russell to get endorsements?

Daytomann

Reaction score
It's starting to get a lot of press now. The masses are now seeing pictures and video of the moron taking his fake dump. He should be heavily fined and kicked off the team. What an embarrassment. Man, this super bowl was a complete nightmare! What a bunch of morons.
Baldwin went to Stanford and he's still this classless?? This guy isn't that good plus he's a complete idiot. Fire him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
There is no doubt about it, Baldwin has a screw loose at times. Remember those tweets he made right before training camp calling Wilson "fake" for doing his charity work? Calling out your QB is just about the dumbest thing a receiver could do.

I hope Baldwin grows up and handles his job like a professional. He has an amazing ability to make the tough catch. And he would probably excel as a No. 2 receiver. But I wouldn't bat an eye if they traded him to make room for a true No. 1 receiver.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Baldwins act just got old. No place for this. What's going on in his mind thinking this is ok? This was a preplanned celebration of embarrassment...... I get that he wants to constantly play out that he gets no respect. But come on man! I hope the team comes down hard on him. I like his toughness. But Seahawks can replace his production pretty easily.

hawker84

Reaction score
rcaido":8v4dhy5h said:
You want to get rid of our best WR? The guy did a stupid stupid move, which im sure he regrets. I dont believe he has ever cost us a penalty like this, give the guy another chance before you crucify the guy.

It was a tough loss last night. It was great season. Lets not put blame on any one person, except for maybe Bevell. Go Hawks

I wouldn' t have a problem with it. Sick of the dudes act. he's a great slot reciever, but he is replaceable.. Sick of guys like this on this team.. Time to clean house and reboot... Carroll needs to put the guys like this in check and make them realize, not only are they representing the seahawks, they are also representing me the fan and my town. so to answer your question... If Angry Doug don't like it and refuses to clean up his act Ba Bye..... take that high school S**t to Oakland....

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Yeah, yall need to calm the f down. It was a momentary lapse in judgement, but its not like that happens often with him. The dude has been nothing but a leader for our team, and clutch as hell.

Yes he got the penalty, but it was ultimately insignificant and irrelevant.

Lets quit whining, shall we?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned it already but look at Kearse. Seriously dude? Coming off one of the worst performances I can remember from the wideout position? I've grown tired of these two as well. I love the Seahawks as much as anyone but the act is getting old. I hope we upgrade the position next year. I love Pete's style but wish he was a little harder on this type of stuff as well. I would love to see Lynch or someone get on them for that. Didn't Lynch push Doug off of him after a TD recently and just shook his hand?

akscoundrel

Reaction score
austinslater25":1kr59v4w said:
I think someone else mentioned it already but look at Kearse. Seriously dude? Coming off one of the worst performances I can remember from the wideout position? I've grown tired of these two as well. I love the Seahawks as much as anyone but the act is getting old. I hope we upgrade the position next year. I love Pete's style but wish he was a little harder on this type of stuff as well. I would love to see Lynch or someone get on them for that. Didn't Lynch push Doug off of him after a TD recently and just shook his hand?

He does that to everyone for about a year now, especially the lineman.

Tired of his rants? then quit watching his interviews. But Baldwin is a leader of the team, a driving force for the team, and hes come up huge for us. To cut him over such an ultimately insignificant issue is asinine, and I can only thank god none of you are in the front office in charge of anything.

Beast mode has grabbed his crotch and got a 15 yard penalty, might as well cut him while we are at it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Where did I say cut him? His TD antics was during the game and I never mentioned an interview either. Did Lynch do it during the Super Bowl long before the game was over? Doug can do whatever he wants when it doesn't potentially cost the team and in the biggest game of the year. Get over yourself.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1x3xv3bp said:
austinslater25":1x3xv3bp said:

He does that to everyone for about a year now, especially the lineman.

Tired of his rants? then quit watching his interviews. But Baldwin is a leader of the team, a driving force for the team, and hes come up huge for us. To cut him over such an ultimately insignificant issue is asinine, and I can only thank god none of you are in the front office in charge of anything.

Beast mode has grabbed his crotch and got a 15 yard penalty, might as well cut him while we are at it.

Yeah, I'm as disappointed as anyone that it hurt the team when there's still so much time left in the game, but he definitely should not be cut. That is even more ridiculous than his "celebration".

To be fair to Lynch, all his crotch grabs are from him doing something absolutely crazy and basically sealing the game. Baldwin did it in like the middle of the game.